Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi everyone,

I'm back at my computer now.  The doctor said that I could use my stairs. "Yeah, I'm so happy to be sitting at my computer again!"

My surgery went really well.  They did have some problems with my breathing during surgery since I have asthma.  All I remember is that the nurse in the recovery room said that my lungs were tight and that they had to use an asthma treatment on me.

Then my doctor had given me a painkiller in my incisions so I had no pain at all.  But of course, that medicine wore off and then they gave me some pain medicine to take home with me.  But the pain still wasn't too bad.  My only problem is that I'm very tired and I had a low grade fever up until yesterday.  My fatigue is getting better as the days go by. 

I feel guilty because I've been so tired this last week that I haven't done any sewing.  Maybe next week I will feel more like myself again.  All that I've been doing is watching movies like Kate and Leopold, EverAfter, The 10th Kingdom.  Oh, and napping!!

As soon as I'm feeling better, I see that there are alot of new topic here at Teddy Talk.  I will have to catch up!!

hugs,
Sheila

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Oh 10th Kingdom...great movie & soooo long...good way to make yourself sit still & heal!!!
Good to see you up & around again..Remember...take it slow & steady & heal and you will be in tiptop shape in no time :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Hugs,

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Sheila,
  I was thinking about you!  So good to hear that you are safe and sound and healing up!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Sheila, So glad to hear you are back in action. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   Take care of yourself...your bears will always be there for you..and so will we. bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:dance:  :dance:  :dance: Yeah!!!!  So glad you're back Sheila and things went well!  Try not to feel guilty about not getting any sewing done.  This time is for you, so relax and let yourself heal. :hug:  :hug:

:hug:
Tracy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Glad surgery went well!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!  :hug:  :hug:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Glad you're doing well, Sheila!  :hug:
Debora

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Wow your healing well, was great to see you back  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Glad to hear the surgery went well, Sheila and that you are recouperating. Hey, the bears were only for if you got bored and couldn't get downstairs to your computer - you certainly shouldn't feel pressured to work while you are healing!
Bear hugs, Edie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=20]Hooray for Sheila[/size]

Darling lady I have been waiting to see you come back!    You were missed....I am so glad all went well....

Still no vacuuming or hauling rocks or digging ditches!!!  No matter how dearly you want to, you simply must restrain yourself!!!

[size=26]
NO DITCHES!!!!!
[/size]

Hope you are feeling peachy soon, which will be much better than before surgery right?

g010.gif

d

i

l

u

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Sheila  bear_thumb
I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. My knee is in really bad ( bone to bone!)  shape and I have to have the surgery done. My doctor wants to wait because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been on steroids for a long time, my immune system is bad and he is afraid of infections. I am taking a new medicine and I hope that it makes my RA. go on remission that way I can have the surgery done. Pain, all the time, is not fun and I heard that after you heal from the surgery  the pain is gone. I am looking forward to that.
I tell you, like everybody have already done, take it easy, rest till you feel a 100 percent good. Just sit at the computer and chat with us!
BIG bear hugs.
Gladys. bear_flower

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

congratulations & thank goodness you've gotten past that stuff!
resting is surely healing time, listen to your body & take as much time
to snooze as you need for goodness sake. Don't feel guilty - sewing
is still work even if it's more brainwork than heavy labor; that stuff
still takes energy & focus & is NOT the same as rest! You'll be back
at it in no time.

Gladys, I winced to think of your knee :doh: Aside from the RA, being
on steroids is no walk (limp?) in the park, either. Plus if you're on antibiotics
too, that plays havoc with the digestive system, & on & on...  bear_sad
I've got my fingers crossed that the new meds work & things can go ahead!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Great to hear everything went okay.   Good advice from everyone here - just rest up and take good care of yourself!

Great to have you back here - I was thinking about you yesterday wondering how it all went.
Danni

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Welcome back, Sheila!
I am pleased to hear you are okay!
There is no rush needed to come back to sewing. Take time to rest well!
You have now plenty of time to chat on the forum!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Lovely to hear that all went well for you Sheila! Take time to recover and rest up. There is plenty of time later to make bears. Now as for 'The 10th Kingdom' great easy watching and my oh my what a cute wolf!  bear_grin  bear_grin
Nice to see you Made it to the computer and can join in once again.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Welcome back Sheila

Glad you are back and your surgery went well  bear_flower
xo sarah

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Glad that the surgery is behind you now Shelia and hope that you make a speedy recovery.
Get lots of rest and take care.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Glad that you are doing so well.
Just take the time to relax and heal  bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Well come back Sheila.  bear_flower
so glad that surgery went well.  :hug:

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Thank you everyone for all your warm wishes!!   bear_wub

I'm getting better everyday!  I took the kids out today to get ice cream and then went over to the library, but now I'm very very tired.  I think I got carried away!  But we had lots of fun! 

hugs,
Sheila

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So glad you are on the road to recovery, Sheila!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm glad your surgery went well, and I hope you feel better soon.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer