Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,

I have been so busy lately that I am up very late and have too many things on my mind. First, I am trying to get my bears done, so I can enter contest, but that has been on hold for a reason, I will tell you in a minute. Second, my mustang is having a baby so I am up late with her watching to make sure she is ok. Then Stinky or Sweety has kept me busy - first going after my chicken's eggs and then I got into photographing he/her. I am - "Late Night with Kassie". Never mind "Leno" or "Lettermen." And besides I have better guests. bear_grin Too many other thing I will not mention. The reason I am posting this is to share with you something that happened last week.
Why my bears are on hold is because, last week I had a bit of an accident.  I almost lost my middle finger. Oh, it is ok, I am fine. Let me explain what happened. I was letting my young dog in the house and was preoccupied and was not paying an attention to were my hand was when I shut the door. I taught my dog to sit inside the door to have her feet wiped before she comes in the house. So, she did that and my finger was in the door when she sat down against the door and it closed on my fingers. We have very heavy steel doors here and my middle finger got caught in the door when my dog sat down. She is very heavy now (not a puppy anymore those who know Lacey from February postings) and had her butt up against the door. Needless to say, I was in a great deal of pain, but more importantly my first thought was – “Oh my lord- I am going to loss my finger.”
My husband was in his shop so I was on my own because he could not hear me calling him. So, by this time, my young dog was upset because she felt that I was upset. So, she only sat closer into the door. At this point I heard my finger go “crunch” I felt sick. So, I tried to stay still and talk to Lacey to get her away from leaning on the door so I could open the door and get my finger out. I got her to move finally and got my finger out. It did not look good. I will not go into details. “heavy door – small finger- crunching sound” not good! I went and got my husband and we took care of my finger. Still do not wanting to go into description – lets just say – not pretty! I went and got it look after and have been on pain killers and “VERY BORED” every since, hence – “chatting Kassie” LOL
I have been unable to work now for about a week, and it is almost killing me. My bears call me and I can not work on them. “It’s DRIVING ME CRAZY”.  I can paint a little, but can’t do much other than that.
I am telling you this because, - Ladies “take care of your hands and fingers.” When it crossed my mind that I could have lost my finger I thought – Holy c**p, I may not be able to make another bear.” That was frightening to me! Ok- I would have learnt to use my toes of teeth or something to just be able make my bears, but the important message here is. “TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF YOUR HANDS AND FINGERS” I didn’t loss my finger but I have learnt – “I will never take them for granted again." And – "I will never let them fall victim to a very heavy steel doors again or anything that may cause them to leave me.”  So please, remember, be very careful when you do all your every day life activities, and take very good care of your hands and fingers.

Hugs kassie - for the time being "the four finger bandit" -  bear_grin (humour - just humour)

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, kassie, honey, what an horrible story about your finger!

I am releived that was not that bad and that you did not loose it!

If you need to update your website or want to writte an article for Bearwitched, maybe it is time to think about it! that would keep you busy.

but i guess your horses give you a lot of work!

Please, post pictures of the newborn mustang and his mum!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Yikes!  bear_cry  That must have hurt bad Kassie! So glad it didnt end worse. Crunching sounds like it broke, oh dear, sure hope your finger gets as good as new. I want pics of the foal too, please.  :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Ooooh Kassie, I was cringing while reading your post, and think you were extremely brave to stay so calm. I'm a complete wimp and would have probably screamed the place down!  bear_grin Anyway, I hope your finger heals well and quickly  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Kassie,
So sorry to hear about you accident you must be very frustrated. I hope it heals soon and you are back to making bears. I would love to see some photos of your foal when it arrives, how exciting.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

So sorry to hear that.
Hope everything is better soon!

Oregon

Hi everyone,

I sorry I did not mean to be so descriptive and make you cringe. I am indeed on the mend thank you.
Sophie - update my website is defiantly a job that needs done. LOL Write an article for Bearwitched. I would love to, but a can’t write a lick, I am a very bad writer. LOL
Oh it did hurt and as for being brave and not screaming the house down. Well, I was pretty close to it. LOL
Thank you all,  :dance:  it is ok now and I am indeed on the mend. I am a tuff cowgirl - *wink* cowboy.gif

My only reason for sharing this was because we can all get very preoccupied with everything going on in our lives and that is when stuff happens.  Like my Mom said, after the finger door thing. “Kassie you need get back into the moment hon.” I tend to have too many things on my mind at once these days and I am not really paying attention to what I am doing at that moment. I believe and have always believed “preventative medicine” goes a long way. I have lived that way for most of my life and believe it has helped kept me from having mishaps. So, I hope by example; that it helps us to remember to “keep in the moment”.

Sophie hon, I will really think about writing an article. I could get help writing it and that would really help the readers. LOL
Baby pictures? Oh for sure – I will have my  :photo: camera ready and steady. I would not even think about not sharing with all my TT buddies.  bear_original

Hugs all Kassie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

b008.gif [size=26]Oh Kassie[/size]
g010.gif

I had to read your story in segments

e010.gif   

The painist in me freaked out

- g050.gif

a045.gif          [size=24]  YIKES[/size] g040.gif
c040.gif

a010.gif     

Oh I am so glad you are OK.....   

f025.gif  k060.gif

:hug:  :hug:

There will be other contests?  But you can't grow a new finger.....take care of yourself

a010.gif

hugs

dilu

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

OUCH!!!   That just sound absolutely horrid.  I slammed my hand in the car door once and I thought that was bad...yours sound much worse.

Becareful you...

Hugs and boo boo kisses!!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sorry to hear about your accident Kassie - hope that your finger is coming right and it is not too painful.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Oregon

Dilu hon - I am sorry you had to read it in segments. I did try to be careful not to give too much details, for I can get a little descriptive.   bear_rolleyes I giggle over your melt down smilie. too funny. Yes, I am ok and yes there be other contest, but some only come once a year.  bear_noexpression But, not all is lost, my hubby has offer to help put some of my bears together for me. This could be very interesting indeed.  bear_whistle

thanks shantell hon -

Hugs and boo boo kisses!!!

too funny. ya it was bad - but no details - got to think of Dilu. I don't want her to do segments again and the painist in me freaked out.  :hug:

thank you Carolyn - it is much getting better and it is not to bad for pain.  :hug:  :hug:

Renae -

Well, since it's your middle finger, you can now make rude gestures without anyone being quite sure how you meant that!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: And ya I have thought about it. Well, I thought other people would think it.  :crackup:  :crackup: I would not do that!  bear_innocent *wink*
That is really silly on the teachers part. Did he or she not notice the brace? How dumb is that? 
My horse is keeping me up late and but she is going fine. We figger she will have it in a day or two away from having the baby. Horses are so hard to tell when they will deliver. So, I am with her alot checking on her for signs of labor. she is just getting ready for stage 1. I have my vet ready for the call incase we need him. I just wish she would have the baby, she is making me a nerves reck.  bear_grin  bear_grin I am doing the night shift and my hubby is doing the day shift. I think he got the easyier of the two. LOL

off to get some sleep
hugs kassie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Kassie . . . so sorry about your finger, but glad it is mending.  I'm looking forward to photos of your new baby!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

g010.gif   

ooohhhhhh!!!   I love  your hubby offering to help you....now HE'S a keeper~!

Actually I can take really graphic stuff....I am a nurse.....but hon, this was a finger!!!!!  I think I got to caught up in the moment....her finger....... the poor baby puppy...her finger her finger........

b035.gif

Actually I have to go practise now

h040.gif

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

OUCH Kassie girl!  I agree it is os important to take care of your phlanges but know this:  art is in your heart and head, not your fingers. I am sure you coudl sew with your toes if you had to.
   I am very glad to hear you did not lose any though bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   My, you have lots of animals!!!!

Oregon

Hi Sue Ann - thank you.  :hug:  :hug: it is getting much better now. I am almost ready to get back to bear making.  :clap:  :clap:

Dilu - LOL ya - he is a keeper. I can just see it now if the word ever got out. "Tuff cowboy helps put teddy bears together"  :crackup:

I can take really graphic stuff....I am a nurse

Well, then LOL I will write you first the next time I do something really silly. I do tend to be a little graphical in my writing. LOL That is cool Dilu I did not know you were a nurse. So now I know were to run to with my "boo boo's.  bear_original

Thanks Judi girl-  ya - I would probably do just that, make bears with my toes.  bear_grin I actually have very flexible toes. I can pick stuff up with them. It is really handy when my back is to sore bend and get it.  :crackup:
thank for the laugh.

Renae - ya- I know what you mean. I like to let nature take it's course but it is good to be ready if anything should happen. Crack me up hon - 11 months is almost a year. Awww a donkey baby. I just love donkeys they are so smart and just love people. Pictures when it comes!
Well, my girl has not had the baby as yet. so, will let everyone know when she does.

hugs kassie

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Ouchhhh Kassie, glad you are on the mend.

I can relate my fingers are used for typing and writing  at work all the time, and my bears of course.  I was always bruising them when playing sport very painful. I have learn't to take more care.

Take care.

Board footer