Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi, I don't know if any of you are interested but my son was in London yesterday and came home with this photograph. It's a little blurry as it was taken from some distance away from the Queen. The Queen is the lady in blue.

QueenLiz.jpg

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Now can you imagine having to do that for each and every birthday instead of stealing away and eating yourself silly on cake??  :crackup:   

Its a very nice pic though!   :photo:  Thanks for sharing!!

nettie scotland
Website

This picture reminded me of an incident many years ago.I was walking to work in Edinburgh.I worked on the Royal mile and noticed the street was freakishly quiet.Next thing the queen came past in her carriage.They all looked at me and smiled,I smiled and waived back and had a good laugh.How I managed to get through the barricades and security I have no idea.Another day I was walking down the Royal Mile.The sun was in my eyes and I passed a young man.Having worked there for years I knew most people in the area. and  He smiled at me and for a second I thought" I knowyou "and I just touched his arm and said Hiya how's it going??Next minute a body guard was bundling me off the pavement ha ha .It was Prince Edward .I seem to have a knack of being where I should not be.!!!
I also saw President Clinton in Dublin.My plane was cirling waiting to land .When we did there was still a red carpet.My friend and I pressumed it was the Queen.
We checked into our hotel and were strolling down a back street and who should we see but the man himself.His car was driving about 5 miles an hour alongside the pavement.I looked in and smiled at a familiar face.He laughed and waived at me.I have to admit  i was a bit fluttery!!!I liked his politics.This was all before the Monica incident.Sorry I got sidetracked a bit there.
Diane xxx

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I'm like the Queen in that I have my actual birthday, June 18th and then the million and one excuses why I should eat, have my own way and buy what I want 'because its my birthday'. My husband says I have a birthday week. bear_tongue  bear_grin  :bday:  :cake:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Jane,
     Love the picture - it's really cool.  When my husband was about 6 years old, he was chosen to give flowers to the Queen.  God only know why - the mischievious little urchin that he was LOL!  We still have all the pictures.  Funny how we all have our "Queen" stories.

Hugs,

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I understand her real birthday is in April but the Official is June because of weather?

it would seem that the subjects do need to see her occasionally just to know she's still there?

It would be awful for the poor dear if she were agoraphobic, wouldn't it?

I have always felt a wee bit sorry for the Royals, talk about living in a fish bowl

except for HRH Charlie, can't stand him.....I guess it's his morals. 

Yeah I know they all do it....but did he have to be so blatant?  Whatever happened to being a little subtle?

Saw an article about the Queens Sister possessions being sold off to pay inheritance taxes!  Yikes....can you all imagine inheriting jewels like that and having to sell off half to pay the taxes?  Sheesh...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Diane-you do seem to find yourself in the most interesting situations....hope more excuses come up for more sharing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Gollies Rule.....naughty Gollies have more fun!!!

This is the day the Lord has made....let us rejoice and be glad!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That was lovely  Jane that your son got to be so close to Royalty and thanks for sharing the photo.

Diane that was neat, you were walking the Royal Mile!
I too, saw Bill clinton in Downtown Auckland - he was over here attending a conference and was
shopping in all the touristy shops and said hello.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer