Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi everyone.  Here is a copy of an email one of my bidders received on my last auction:  It is of course

FRAUDULENT:

Message from eBay Member mark42dawson

You expressed interest in an item titled:"LUXEMBEARS mohair Artist Bear BABY SHERWOOD"(Item 9525374510) by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder.
In compliance with eBay policy, the seller of that item is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of US $995.00.
The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item just contact the seller at: mark_42dawson@yahoo.com .
Thank you, eBay, Inc

Some people have don't care who they hurt or rip off.   bear_sad  The bear has been paid for and shipped to the highest bidder.  This idiot has been going down the line on all my bidders offering them my bear.

I honestly think the only way to get around these anymore is to list auctions privately.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

So sneaky!  It makes my blood boil on your behalf Judi.  bear_angry

I list my bear auctions privately .. I think it's probably safer for the bidders.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Oh Judi hon,

Man what a pain. "Idiot" is right! It is too bad it is this way on ebay - but then anything that gets really worth using the scammers will show up and abuse it. I will remember private auctions for my next listing. Does that limit on how many people can bid? I have never used the private auction yet. I better go an read about it.  bear_grin
  :hug:  :hug: Judi
hugs kassie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

h120.gif       

On the other hand, my love, I simply love you did so well in your auction!

h040.gif

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Crickey! There was discussion about private auctions on here, some good points, some bad, but at least it stops low life like that!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

That's scary, Judi! totally scary!

I wish that frauder ends up in jail for what he did to you!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank guys.  I think it is important to give everyone a heads up on these would-be crooks!

Kassiel there is no limit to the bidding with private auctions.  The only difference is you cannot see who is bidding and no one has access to bidder's email adresses, including the seller.  I think that is most likely the safest way to go. bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That stinks, Judi.  Thanks for letting us know about it.   :hug:

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

We all need to try and stay one or two steps ahead of

"THEM"

Thank Judi for letting us know.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Judi, that is awful news, honestly makes you wonder what is wrong with people sometimes bear_wacko , thanks for sharing that with us and making us aware of what is going on.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Being a total novice where Ebay is concerened. I would fall for that.  I wont now of course.  but I could have at one time.  :doh:  :redface:
Brilliant your bear did so well  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Thankyou for keeping us alert to the scammers.
Wendy bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
whiteforestbears wrote:

That person's ID is still active. Says they are in singapore. You might want to alert the Trust & Safety board about this.

Ya know, I tried to email this person and my server responded that it was an invalid email address???

I will forward this to ebay.  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Lisa wrote:

Did you only receive this email Judy? as wasn't Sherwoods auction some time ago?...

...today i got an email from a person asking for my 'product' not 'bears'...and how much shipping to send in 'carts'???? yeah to Nigeria!! he.he.he....they have huge scam set ups there, watch a whole programme on how they work with stolen credit cards etc...it's really organised.

Lisa, Baby Sherwood sold only a week ago.  Fortunately the lady who was second highest bidder knows me enough to know it was not me who sent her this email.  Egads..I wonder how many times people get ripped off like this?

It takes quite an intelligent mind to come up with ways to scam and rip off unsuspecting people.  I just watched a program where someone can walk by you with a credit card reader in their pocket, and if they are within six inches of your card, in your purse or pocket, they will be able to strea you cc number. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

I just received a second chance offer for a necklace I was out bid on.  I still want it but don't know if I should follow through or not...it looks ligit.... hhhmmm

Board footer