Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Hi everyone!  Thought I would share some pics of our peacock, Big Daddy 'P'.  I finally was able to catch him showing off for his hen.  Seems like he always did this when I didn't have the camera or just didn't have time to take the pictures. bear_wacko   The roosters shake their tail feathers when they're fanned, so lots of the pictures I took were out of focus...bad bird!! bear_grin   I did get a few good ones though.  Enjoy!! :hug:  :hug:

peacock3.jpg

peacock4.jpg

peacock5.jpg

peacock1.jpg

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Wow! He is absolutely beautiful!!!
I had a best friend who lived in the country and when she drove to work, there was alway very large poo-poo on her car from her peacocks  bear_tongue  They would sit on her car all the time  :crackup:
Thanks for sharing such a lovely picture  :hug:

Iowa
Website

there was alway very large poo-poo on her car from her peacocks

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Oh, how funny!  That hasn't happened to us.......YET! bear_shocked  bear_whistle   They do like to poop on the driveway though, and it makes the hubby nuts.  He goes out there.....often......with a scoop shovel and/or garden hose, cussing the birds the entire time! :crackup:  :crackup:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Oh I love Peacocks!!! They are so majestic...but soooo noisy...lol. We know someone who has white ones, which are very pretty...but well...yours are the real macoy! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh my...what a gorgeous bird!!!  How wonderful to get to see this on your own property...I'm envious!!!

Thanks for sharing!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Gosh, he is absolutely stunning, and what great pics  :photo:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wowee, Tracy . . . just awesome!  And to think I have some of those gorgeous feathers . . . I'm one lucky girl!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Wow! Beautiful colors! But really, aren't you glad we are not like animals? We don't HAVE to shake our tail feathers (although some do) or I would hate to greet each other like dogs do.  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Sonya

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

He is beautiful, she should be impressed, I am ...LOL

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Beautiful!

Great pics!

Thanks for sharing!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

How absolutely fantastic! What an awesome bird. Here is picture of me as a small child hand feeding a peacock. I didn't know untill afterwards that this particular bird had a real bad temper and even the keepers would stay clear of him. They were all amazed at how gentle he was with me.

3JANE-AGE-6-.jpg
No that is not a butterfly on my head, my Mum, bless her, thought it looked cute to place a large ribbon bow on top of my head.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Iowa
Website
Gina wrote:

I do wonder is he hypnotizes his Pea Hen with the sheer magnatude of his feathers

:crackup:  :crackup: He wishes!!  She really mostly ignores him and all his posturing!  (just as Renae described! :crackup:........it must be universal!)

Charlotte--They are noisy!!  One sound they make sounds almost like an old lady yelling "HELP!"  Startles people all the time! :crackup:  I'm finally getting used to it. bear_grin  The people I bought my birds from also breed the white peacocks.  They really are beautiful!  I would love to have some of them too, but would have to have seperate housing for both varieties as they would interbreed and produce hybrids........wouldn't be long and there would be no true white or blue peacocks on my property!  Quite prolific things they are bear_grin  bear_tongue ........

Love that picture Jane........so cute!! bear_wub   That rooster must have known you weren't afraid of him.....

I would tell him that all of you think he is so gorgeous, but he's already "struttin' around like a proud peacock!" :crackup:  :crackup:

:hug:
Tracy

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Tracy, I know just how "noisy" they can be. Hubby & I spent a weekend at a small resort one time & they had lots of peacocks around the property...I was going to say on the grounds, but these birds prefered roof tops...lol and they did their yells all weekend...It does sound like an old lady yelling "help" akkkk... :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

:hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for sharing the pictures.   bear_original  :photo:

Iowa
Website

Erin--Come on over!!!  You are welcome any time!!  bear_happy :hug:

Renae--Ghost stories in a cemetery?  You are a brave one, my girl!!  And how funny 'the old ladies' added some sound effects!!  I think I would have peed!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Tracy,

Those are beauitful pictures. I really love peacock. I almost forgotten how truely beauitful they are. Thank you for sharing him.

hugs kassie

Board footer