Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

fuzzybear.jpgHey Beary Pals,
This fella I called Zippy Do-Dah. It has been quite some time since I have done a bear with a plucked face, forgot how long it takes to get all those pesky hairs out.  No wonder I don't do many of these guys, but when I look at him it was well worth the effort cause I think he is rather cute.  I think I'll do more of this style. 

I thought I would add my Daughters drawing I guess this is how she sees me, mom in her beary patch.KorasDrawingForMom.jpg

Hugs Deborah

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I love this bear! Soo awsome. That mohair is also to die for.

What a great picture. IT's perfect for you! I love the creativity. Your daughter is a very good artist.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

A beautiful little bear Deborah. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  He is very cute.
Did you use a string mohair?
Your daughter is quite the little artist ... would make a good children's book illustrator.
Big  :hug:
Sandi

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Deborah, your bear is gorgeous. He has such a soulful expression and great fur. Is there a story behind your giving him thumbs? I also love your daughter's illustration. She is very talented! Perhaps it needs to go on your eBay auctions (or a future Web site)!

Debora

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

he is so sweet. I'm glad to see you're producing again. I like the drawing too. Keep it up girls.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

He is wonderful, Love those hands!! Great eyes too!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh I love him!!!!!!!!!!  I am a big fan of plucked faces (do it on all my bears) so of course he'd appeal to me.  Stunning.

I LOVE his shading - did you use an airbrush?

Danni

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Deborah, what a gorgeous bear :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

He's just out 'n' out gorgeous!!!!! absolutely adorable!!! The special treament on the hands, really suit him bear_thumb

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Hi All,
thanks so much for all your generous comments, I think I will have a hard time saying good bye to this fella I kind of like him, very unusual for me to like my own guys.

Sandi- This is a tipped mohair I purchased from Beary Cheap long time ago it is not a true string more a sparse kinda stringy, if that makes any sense.  Of course I threw out the tag so I don't know the number wish I had kept it cause I do like it.

Debora (great name by the way :crackup: ) I did a smaller version of this bear with thumbs long time ago and thought they were neato so I inlarged the pattern and did this fellow.  His arms are wired too so he can do many poses even pick his nose if the urge comes over him  :redface:

Danni- No air brush just good old fashioned regular brush, I do have an air brush even took a course but I'm to scared to try it on the mohair.  One of these days I'll take it out of the box and give it a whirl.  I have always justed dry brushed and so far have like the results but I did spend $$$$ on the airbrush so I guess I should try it.

My daughter is 17 and has been drawing ever since she was old enough to hold a pencil in her hand or crayon what ever was handy.  This was just a quick drawing,  mom is only worth about 30 minutes of her precious time.  When she actually spends quality time on her stuff it is amazing.  If she dosen't have her sketch book or journal in her hand there is something really wrong, I don't think I have seen her without them more than a couple of times and that was when she was very sick.

Thanks again guys you have all made my day  bear_flower
Hugs deborah

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Out standing bear and outstanding drawing! Like Mother Like Daughter! Wow two very talented ladies!

Many Hugs Louise

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Your bear is absolutely gorgeous.I love his colour mohair and his hands.Your daughter is very talented too.
Laurie :hug:

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba
sarahjane Brisbane

WOW awesome bear and picture.... you are both very talented!!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

a doubly-talented family! That bear has the most-alive expression - just wonderful.

Marion

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

He is wonderful, I just love the expression on his face and I love the picture as well. It is so clever and cute as well as artistic.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Deborah, the more I see your bears the more I love them!  You do fantastic work and the look you have created is outstanding and so definately has the awww factor!  I love your daughters drawing too  bear_flower
xo Sarah

Board footer