Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I had a call yesterday from a person that doesn't have access to the internet to look at my bears, and asked me whether I have printed catalogues of my bears or patterns for mail out?

Does anyone on the group offer catalogues for mailout or patterns?

How successful do you think printed catalgoues or patterns are in generating future business for you?

Any opinions on this are very welcome, thanks in advance  :hug:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Well I don't have a printed catalogue.  BUT then again with the ease of printing up at home now it wouldn't be too hard to whip one up for him!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I had a call just like that from a lady in Wales, so I made up a catalogue and sent it to her. It was time consuming but it turned out ok and I can use it again. I wouldn't print up too many though because if you sell the bears that you've printed pictures of the catalogue would be out of date.

hugs Jane. bear_flower

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

I made catalogues with photos when I started 13 years ago. But it has been very expcensive, because a lot of them didn't come back.
So, when now somebody askes for a catalogue or pictures , because of no internet access, I send the printed pictures of bears who are actualy available.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thank you Bronwen, Jane and Claudia for your responses.  :clap:

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I have a friend that uses a regular paper tri fold for her catalog.  It comes off the home computer and goes to the show with her.  She doesn't do up that many at a time and when it is time to replenish the flyer she just changes the bears in it.  I have always thought it was a good idea but just never got around to doing it.
Donna

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Such interesting ideas.

do you print your pictures on photo quality paper so they have a glossy look?  or go with regular paper?

And the trifold catalogs, are they slick paper like regular brochures?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Donna wrote:

I have a friend that uses a regular paper tri fold for her catalog.  It comes off the home computer and goes to the show with her.  She doesn't do up that many at a time and when it is time to replenish the flyer she just changes the bears in it.  I have always thought it was a good idea but just never got around to doing it.
Donna

This is exactly what I do and it works well.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Dilu wrote:

And the trifold catalogs, are they slick paper like regular brochures?[/b][/size][/color]

Dilu... you can get trifold brochure paper in both a matte (regular paper) finish or in glossy, photo quality finish.  Just go to Staples or Office Depot... they have a huge selection.

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg
Dilu wrote:

do you print your pictures on photo quality paper so they have a glossy look?  or go with regular paper?

Dilu, I use regular paper. And upto now I only got positive echos  bear_original

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Funny that you would mention this. I had the same kind of phone call last Friday. I just finished doing a catalog to send to her. I used Microsoft publisher and basically did a cut n paste of photos and descriotions from my web site. And it is really easy to change pictures. I printed it out on brochure and flyer paper from Staples. It is glossy and you can print on both sides.
Sonya

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Cool thanks for all the wonderful ideas, getting something simple together is easier now. Thanks again. :clap:

Board footer