Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

1aaaplatybluefabricneedle.jpg1aaaplatybluefabric.jpgThis is the blue mohair I thought would look lovely on a platypuss.  watcha fink? The blue backing is also a bit darker that for real. It's early morning here.
And this is a needle I tried using on a kangaroo that I had stuffed with GINNED COTTON. bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

You needle is a scream!  How funny!

But i love the blue color...how pretty he will be

I am looking forward to seeing him done!

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

That's a great mohair to work with Wendy. I used it on Bluebeary and as you can see the colour makes up well.
Bluebear.jpg
I think a blue roo would be good too!
I've started a graveyard collection of those sorts of needles... they are very unique! bear_grin I must admit, they do come in handy from time to time.
Bear_with_bow.gif
Big hugs,
Sandi

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oooo, Oooo, lovin' it.... LOVIN' IT!  OK, Wendy, I think you have a Platy blue winner there!  I'll take one!  bear_tongue

Kimberly W.

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Can't wait to see your platypus, please post a photo when he is done.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Platy will be great in blue - lovely colour.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Go for a blue platy, Wendy!

Yeppee platy blue, platy blue, platy blue!

Whoohoo, she'll make a platy blue, platy blue, platy blue!
And why not a kangarro blue, kangoo blue, roo blue!

Yeah!

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Go Wendy, go!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Love the colour Wendy, go for it.  :clap:

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

What a wonderful colour! I'm sure it will look beautiful!  bear_original

Similar needles I also already had ...  bear_rolleyes

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Renae said: Maybe we should all send our weirded out needles in, we can solder them together as modern art. Put some sort of tricky banner on it like Bears, Not Drugs! Oh! and Judy had some claws that burned, those would add some textual interest...

Ooops, sorry, I used to write add copy, sometimes it shows    I'm still trying to live down my commercial art training.

Ha-ha!!  bear_laugh Renae, you are really on a roll there! I would love to see a bear-making-themed sculpture. Maybe you're just the lady to put it together! I work in advertising as a proofreader with a graphic design background, and I can tell you're an ad writer/artist. How fun!  bear_smile

Wendy, the blue is lovely. I think a platypus made with it would be such fun! I made one bear with a similar color of blue, and I really liked how it turned out. I used the blue for the bear's jammies. Here's James (pictures taken at a show):

james.jpg
jamessmall.jpg

Be sure to post a picture of your lovely blue platy when you're done!  bear_flower

Debora

Website

Sandi, Blueberry's a cute one! And I love the idea of a blue Roo... you 'uns from Down Unda will need to make up some blue Roos! bear_laugh

Debora

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Definately, would love to see the blue platy!!
JeannieB

sarahjane Brisbane

A blue platy would be great....can't wait to see pictures  :photo:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wendy that fabric would make a wonderful platy blue ..... I have a few needles like that...... but you need to use a large mattress needle with the ginned cotton. I have trouble getting the needle through but find it better to twist and push then rest ... it is very slow work ......

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
WildCatDancer wrote:

Matilda, dear possum, you musn't let the cotton get into the liquor cabinet right before you use it. Especially if it's HARD liquor.  :dance:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  I'm just about wetting myself Kitty.
As for the sculpture thingy, brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!  How about broken felting needles? can you use those as well.

Sandi , Blueberry is gorgeous!!!!! and Debora your teddy has the prettiest blue jammies.
MMMmmm yes this blue is going to be fun to work with.  A Blue Roo? Maybe a Roo injammies Debora? hahahah

Thankyou all for your input.
Wendy bear_thumb

Website

Renae, I am rolling over here!  bear_laugh And you must use the mohair scraps everyone is sure to have. I once read somewhere that some artists put rejected bear heads inside bigger bears as part of their stuffing.  bear_whistle Wouldn't that be a shocker to see something like that??

Wendy, a blue roo...a roo in jammies...fantastic!! Can't wait to see them!  bear_happy I often admire your avatar drawing, and your kangaroo Wanda would look great in blue...jammies...  bear_grin

Debora

Board footer