Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

So, bored at work, and browsing thru the 'weird' section.

I've seen these types of auctions before, but what is the deal with them??

How could you trust someone so much and bid on something for that much?? And not even really knowing what you've bid on.

Maybe some of you can shed some light on this for me.

Or maybe it's as crazy as I think it is!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/How-much-money-can-y … dZViewItem

sarahjane Brisbane

Looks like some kind of scam to me...but I am a bit cynical. bear_rolleyes

I think that if something looks to good to be true than it probably is......Unfortunately there are some people who will be taken in by auctions like this. I people want to help other then there are other more legitimate ways of doing so.

Dilu Posts: 8,574
kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Look at the second feedback, the person didnt pay for an item, doesnt sound like someone who has loads of money to "give away" to me!!! If it is too good to be true IT IS! LOL.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Why would someone who had money to burn be buying .99 speakers ???  Gotta be somebody trying to get on the news or something.  Like the lady who rented her forehead on ebay...she actually tattooed her head with the winning bidders company logo.  :crackup:
~Chrissi
ebay, ctcatherwoods
coming summer2006...www.CatherWoods.com

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

The item is no longer on ebay when I tried to have a look, so I guess it has been pullled ...
Put in a joke perhaps??
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hey Renae! I BOUGHT that Yorkie!  :crackup:  :crackup: (no, I wasn't the first buyer who thiught they were buying a real yorkie)
Seriously though, MY YORKIES thought it was a real Yorkie! My little one was growling and barking at it when I took it out of the box!
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Sonya :crackup:  :crackup:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I missed it
what was it!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Bronwen, love the avatar!
It was a 'mystery box' auction. You'll find lots if the 'weird' section.

It promises to send you a mystery box full of cash.

Man, why would you give cash away, for less money than it's worth? No-one would do that, yet there are people out there wher have bid thousands.

Ok, so it's not just me then.

If you guys are ever bored, look through that catagory. Crazy stuff I would never bid on! :crackup:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Well hey, maybe it was a box full of cash...shredded cash... :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

LOL Renae, she checked it out thoroughly and descuvered it doesn't quite smell like her lol
Sonya

Board footer