Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I have just been inundated with spoof emails.
They look soooo real from Ebay, I nearly got caught out.  bear_wacko  :doh:
I thought I had better warn you all to NOT OPEN EMAILS FROM EBAY unless you do it from within Ebay itself.
These spoof emails go straight to your nomal email account, if they are not in your Ebay mail then it's most likely a spoof email
I think they tried to highjack my ebay account, but I headed them off in time.
Ebay said that the emails were fraudulent and that they were putting it into the appropriate authorities hands.
So PLLlllll eeeaaaassseee, be very carefull.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I've had some really convincing spoofs lately too --- and I've been caught out on one occasion (but realised straight away and changed my eBay password immediately - phew!). One of them was even sent through eBay's own mail system!!! I'm generally suspicious of all ebay/paypal e-mails particularly if they have a link in them.

Glad to hear you realised in time that your e-mail wasn't legit, Christine!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Watch out everyone, it's amazing how good these rotters are getting. I had my Ebay account hijacked a short while ago plus they got into two email accounts and were trying to enter my Paypal account. Luckily for me Ebay realized and blocked everything. I lost out on the customers that had bid on what I had on auction but it was better than getting ripped off.

EBAY SAID

Change your password every two months or sooner, use numbers and words or letters example: 7645Teddy7645joe765.  This is the hardest type of pass for the would be hijackers to break. I changed all my passwords and change them often now. Stay safe!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Board footer