Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Funny how we all get used to the weather conditions.. Like Sarah we had a long hot spell over summer very high temps. Now are mornings are mostly frosty and top temps about 9 degrees. I saw on the news the other day when the Queen had her birthday parade and all those gaurds had full dress and busbys on. It's a wonder they didn't pass out.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sarah,  I would rather live in Alaska than 45 degrees heat and I am absolutely serious.  As Paula says, 15 degrees here, and all the kiddies want to be outside in their shorts! LOL!  I honestly don't think I would survive 45 degrees.  Heat and especially humidity,  makes me physically ill. 

Eileen, our basement is lovely and cool without the A/C on, but I don't like basements.  I guess I never grew up with a rec room or basement, so I just don't care to be down there.  I'd rather be upstairs working in  my studio.  You are right about the de-humidifier.  Just getting rid of the humidity is a great help. 

hugs,

Brenda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

SunnieOne wrote:

could not survive without my pool. Can you say, 110 degrees! in the shade even!
Sonya

I hear you (although we don't have a pool, alas. :()  We've been over 100 for weeks now and I'm just spending my time jumping from air conditioned space to air conditioned space.  Hot!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I had to chuckle in the supermarket earlier today - there were customers threatening to bring deckchairs and newspapers to camp out in the chilled food aisles!  bear_grin

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

It's going to be even hotter tomorrow gals bear_innocent  bear_cool

I had to laugh because my daughter's sports day is often rescheduled due to the rain (well it is Wimbledon season).

However, tomorrow's sports day is being rescheduled because the government have issued a a heat wave warning advising the young and the old to take steps to prevent adverse effects of this very hot weather bear_cool

:hug:

BevsHuggables Bev's Huggables Plus
Leland, NC

Well ladies in my neck of the woods today it is in the 90's. I had to be at Oak Island, NC to man the store for my once a month to sell my things there. The temp on the bank read 95. Thank heavens for central air and ceiling fans. We lived in FL for almost three years and it is very humid there. Had a pool, but the water gets very warm when the weather stays hot(not very refreshing).

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
Judi wrote:

What I'd like to know is HOW YOU FLORIDIANS COPE?  We went to Florida last summer and the humidity about did me in.  We were ringing wet with sweat.  Going from an AC building to the outside was like hitting a wall.  It is a beautiful state though and I love all the littel lizards running around.  We went to a wedding on the beach which was a stunning site.  We all had ourt shoes off and the chairs we set up in the sand.

Try to stay inside in the AC as much as possible!   :crackup:

One good thing about living near the beach is that you get a breeze.  But it's been especially hot this year and it got hot early in the year.  It went from pleasant to really hot fast.  It is humid here, and you sweat while walking from your house to the car.  Our electric bills are highest in the summer.  But I would rather have this than the cold.  I am such a sissy in the cold!  I would be numb the entire winter!

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

I must admit that I won't go for a run if it is over 40C, 38C is good , 30 is nothing but a pleasant day.
Drink lots of water and enjoy each day.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au
I.m 57 years young.

Kent
Website

Oooh Susan, now I feel hot, sweaty and ashamed!  I don't even run if it's under 25C and I'm a mere strippling at 43!  I do drink lots of water though!  :crackup:

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Paula , I think it is all about what you condition your body to do. I,m sure you could also run in warmer weather. At least you get out  and work your body.  Keep at it and don't let the hot weather get you down.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au  :clap:

Kent
Website

:crackup:  :crackup:  Susan, I'm chuckling here in the UK ... I mean, me run?!!!  I have the good fortune to have inherited a slim frame which convinces people I'm more athletic than I have ever truly been. :redface:   I was always the kid hiding out in the changing rooms during PE lessons, just to avoid having to do field events!  Me and running really don't go together whatever the weather!

I do however, step on my little stepper just about every day, in a pretence of trying to stay fit and trying to avoid the dreaded 'bear maker's bum'!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Its sooo hot here in Shropshire too.

Its 9.03 am the kids have just gone off to school and im dripping, im just sooo hot.

We had thunderstorms and flash flooding last night but they only lasted a few hours.

One villlage close by Albrighton was badly flooded last night , the flood water was up to 4ft deep in parts.

I think Air conditioning is going to be a must have, if the weather here continues to scorch.

Unfortunately houses here have not been built with it so far, but they are installing it in some new homes now.

ITS ALSO NOW FOR SALE IN ALL THE POPULAR DIY STORES.

ITS EXPENSIVE THOUGH. AROUND £400-£500.00 for a good single room unit and to get it fitted £700.00.

CAN YOU TELL IVE BEEN WINDOW SHOPPING bear_shocked

I think were going with ceiling fans first. bear_thumb

Dilu WET T-SHIRTS SOUNDS SOOOOOOO GOOD.

Paula its nice outside and cooler in the evening but what about the insect bites i have five whoppers on my legs arrgh, THEY ARE KILLING......

Just ordered some insect repellent aftersun.

JANE IM GOING TO BUY SOME WATER SPRAY BOTTLES TOOOO. bear_original

WHAT ABOUT OUR SUFFERING PETS MINE ARE MISERABLE.

I think im going to strim some of them today with the clippers...

SHORT BACK AND SIDES CUT ALL ROUND.

Especially Katie the Yorkie and Krissie the Persian.

Charlie cats safe... Hes white and black so the sun bouncies off him.

Ellie the Alsation is getting  a hose soaking, along with Barnie my black Labrador.

Basil and Charlie my two parrots are going outside today for a big shower. They are so dusty at the moment and are pruning more down feather out of their coats.

I THINK IM GOING TO JOIN THE DOGS UNDER THE HOSE NOW.... :dance:

I STILL HOPE THIS HEAT WAVE LASTS THE SUMMER THOUGH... bear_thumb

Pages:

Board footer