Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi everyone.  I was wondering what everyone has planned for this Fourth of July weekend?  Me, not much.  We'll be here just as usual.  My hubby has hurt his back lifting the feed mixer (550+ pounds) to rebalance it after one of our new hired guys hit it with the feedcart knocking off balance.  Yikes.  He is a tough cookie though and cannot take any time off.....he can't...the cows have to be milked.

For those of you who do not live the the USA, do you have any special holidays comming up?

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

We don't celebrate 4th July here Judi, but I hope all you Americans have fun!  Sorry to hear that your husband has hurt his back ... sounds very painful!  Hope he's mended in time for your celebrations x

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

ARNICA, ARNICA ARNICA!!!  Be sure to get the tablets in him, and the gel on him as soon as you can Judi!!  Its amazing how fast arnica can help heal bruising and torn muscles. 

I can fully understand being 'self employed' for much of my working career, how you simply cannot take time off ~ especially where animals are concerned!  If you can get icepacks onto the problem spot in the evenings, I'm sure that will soothe as well.  And one I find invaluable ~ dear ole Absorbine linament  :crackup:  Yup!  It does make things feel better for the short term, but he'll realize of course that its just a 'band aide' to help him get through the chores.  Nothing for it but a bit of time to heal properly.  Although I will say that after about a month past the intial injury, gentle stretching and massage will help his back heal fully.  But absolutely NO stretches or massages at the beginning, or you'll just keep reinjuring.

As for the Fourth...we waited last night for the local fireworks display, but they didn't happen  bear_cry   Perhaps they'll actually appear on the proper Fourth....or next weekend... I do love to watch the displays, but I'm always nervous about the little stuff that people buy for themselves.  I've never thought it a good idea....and its a miracle my brother survived childhood at all!  bear_laugh

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Judy,
     We celebrated Canada Day yesterday (July1st).  Ususally we try to get together with family and do at least a picnic, but this year we aren't doing anything. Hubby is home for just Fri. evening, Saturday and Sunday till early evening and then will go back to Toronto.  We are painting the front porch rails and front door and he will mow all the lawns etc.  I have to get all his laundry done and ironed and get groceries, so I can survive another two weeks.  Not very thrilling, but last night we watched the local fireworks.  We can actually sit on the porch and watch, as they are set off only a couple of blocks from our house.   Happy 4th to all TTers in the U.S!

hugs,

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Judikins

f025.gif a035.gif   l010.gif  n015.gif  a035.gif  n090.gif  b050.gif  a035.gif
g020.gif  e025.gif  g025.gif  a035.gif  h074.gif b010.gif h025.gif n030.gif     b035.gif  a035.gif  h015.gif n030.gif   b045.gif

Yep, that pretty much sums up my day.....

Awww Honey....its worse than that!

I can't drink wine...burns the daylights out of my insides....

so my drink of choice?

Crystle Light Peach Tea with a smidgen or a dollop or a glug of peach schnaps in it.

I buy the cheap stuff at the package beverage store. 

You're an Oregon girl, you know what I mean. 

The expensive stuff doesn't help the peach tea any more than the cheap stuff.

I decide on smidgens vs. dollops vs. glugs based on the time of day and the state of nature!

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

I hope all you American folk have a lovely day, what ever you have planned. Duli those little smilies are way cool. Are you going to fit all that into one day??
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu, would you care to explain the last little smiley thing-y???   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hubby and I will be attending an outdoor concert followed by fireworks - with our daughter and son-in-law.

tanyacook1 Bears By Tanya

Hi Judi!

Hope your husband feels better!
You have to take care of him.  bear_rolleyes

We (my husband, two boys & I) barbecue every "warm weather" holiday
so that's what we'll do for Independence Day. We even smoke turkeys
at Christmas time!, and Judi you know how cold it is in the Mid West
in the winter.

We share what we cook with neighbors, family and my
husband's co-workers. I'm begging him to open up a restaurant when
he retires because we LOVE people.

Tanya usually makes a pasta salad and pre-tenderizes the ribs before
they go on the grill/smoker. Sometimes I merinade the meat with
tomato paste.

Let us all remember what freedom is and what freedom costs.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Judi, Sending healing thoughts...and Everyone in USA...Happy Independence Day...and Evereyone else where...Happy 4th of July...Freedom is what we celebrate...well said Tanya
Hugs

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Our town never manages to have fireworks ON the 4th!!! Why is that???

It's a beautiful and LONG show though and happened last night... the 1st. We brought the dogs and we all sat in the back of hub's pick up truck. It was the doggy's first experience up close and personal with fireworks and after barking at them for the first few minutes that dwindled into just 'talking' and growling followed by just staring wide-eyed. So cute!!! I wanted to be sure they were desensitized to the loud noise. Mission accomplished.

Today we spent the day with my folks and had hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and celebrated Riley's 1st brithday! It was Tucker's 2nd brithday last week so we had one big celebration today. Lots of dog toys and bones!!!

Tomorrow is Monday and we'll be doing yard work all day. Tuesday we're having the neighborhood over for a cook out. Wednesday I'll sleep!

Oh, and I'm going to start on my first teddy bear in months!!!  :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wishing you all a very happy day, for the 4 th of July!

Judi, I hope that your husbands back is coming right and he is feeling better.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Sorry bear_cry  I wanted to say  "Happy 4th of July" ...Not "Julia" ...It is not my day today ..I better get off bear_wacko
Have a wonderful week. Bear hugs.
Gladys

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Dilu I went to your site and your Gollies are so cute!! I made this one ( hope the picture comes up, with me you never know!! ) Anime style. I will like to get your opinion on her. Will really appreciate it.
Thanks and have a great week!
Bear hugs.
Gladys000_0687.jpg

nettie scotland
Website

I suppose it should be a sad day here as we were technically divorced from the U.S.I wonder what life would be like if you were still under British rule???Scary thought really.I tend to make a special meal and sing American America etc as I am so fond of our old colony.The lovely folks in the US have paid my mortgage for ten years now.
So have a good day and a drink on me!!!!
Lots of love from the old mother ship!!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

champagne.jpg

nettie wrote:

I suppose it should be a sad day here as we were technically divorced from the U.S.I wonder what life would be like if you were still under British rule???Scary thought really.I tend to make a special meal and sing American America etc as I am so fond of our old colony.The lovely folks in the US have paid my mortgage for ten years now.
So have a good day and a drink on me!!!!
Lots of love from the old mother ship!!!

Hear hear Diane!  And cheers to you all on the other side of the pond!  bear_tongue

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow Judi, I really hope your husband feels better. He can lift 550 lbs! No wonder he hurt his back!

My hubbie and I will probably spend the night watching fireworks and praying that our house doesn't catch on fire (I hate wood shake roofs, they make me so nervous!).

Have a great day everyone!
Aerianna

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Hugs and healing thoughts to your Hubs, Judi :hug:

When the kiddies were little we used to celebrate Canada Day with some flashy fireworks and a ready hose in the back yard, but these days we just hide inside with our dogs and play loud music--they're all terrified of the booming and fizzing and whistling.

We also celebrate Independence Day, usually with a barbeque and a red, white and blue dessert, followed by the Boston Pops Concert on TV. The dogses don't mind TV fireworks!

My British Hubs reminds me every year that the  American colonists didn't actually win the Revolutionary War, that in fact King George III lost it.  :crackup:

And every year I wish that Franklin and Adams hadn't persuaded Jefferson to delete the complaint about "the great evil of slavery" from the Declaration of Independence!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I will be at our church Fun Day where I will be painting the faces of the kids.  Fun, fun, fun.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
aerianna wrote:

Wow Judi, I really hope your husband feels better. He can lift 550 lbs! No wonder he hurt his back!

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh Actually he can't lift that much..that is why he hurt his back.  He is feeling better though.

Tanya I'm coming to your house!   bear_thumb  :dance:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
SueAnn wrote:

Dilu, would you care to explain the last little smiley thing-y???   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Awww Sue Ann

don't you two do a little canoodling?

c085.gif

Awww Judikins,

Honey I am so sorry about your hubby....there is not time off for farmers, ranchers, and dairy farmers.....

And don't those poor little Bessies let you know when they need milking!!!

A happy Cow is a Milked Cow!

I'll be praying for your hubby to get better soon-he has a nurse for a wife so I'm sure he is getting the best care possible.......

g050.gif

Renae, 

Crystal Light does have artificial sweetener in it-that's how I can justify a smidgin, dollop or glug.....I love your idea of Ice cream, peaches and schnapps....sounds like a neat desert.....

a035.gif

Diane,

Merry Ol' England might have ended better off without us-we are such a rowdy bunch all the time and not just with the world cup...Besides, you all know we love you to pieces....

s020.gif

Gladys,

I love your little golly, she is absolutely adorable!!!  How cute!  But have no fear!  I wont be stealing your ideas, because we don't do that here at TT.....but I would surely be interested in a swap....You did a great job on the whimsical as well as the anime....love it!- I am so glad we have another gollygirl here....did you know that Jane and Penny also make gollies? 

g010.gif

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears
DebbieD wrote:

ARNICA, ARNICA ARNICA!!!  Be sure to get the tablets in him, and the gel on him as soon as you can Judi!!  Its amazing how fast arnica can help heal bruising and torn muscles. 

:D

Here, here!!!!!!!   Try massage balm with arnica - wouldn't be without it.  It doesn't smell like wintergreen either.

Hope he feels better soon.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Deb and Sandra, I am definitely going to buy some!  Boy you sure can find some great non- teddy-tips here on TT.  Maybe we should call these  NTT's  Non-Teddy-Tips.

Thanks for the tip!!

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Well Down here in Titusville, FL everyone is waiting for the shuttle launch. Sat, the first day it was supposed to go up, everyone lined Rt 1 along the Indian River to watch. There was a collective "AWWWWW" when launch was scrubbed then a tremendous traffic jam. We can actually see the launch from our yard so I don't know if we will fight the crowds tommorow for a better view.
Today, my brother and his family are coming to visit. POOL TIME :dance:
Nancy D

Board footer