Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Alright girls... I am ready to pitch my newest creation.  bear_angry  bear_angry I took an older bear that I had not sold and am trying to just change the head... well, I am having maaajor problems!   bear_angry So, I did the head, needlefelted a PERFECT nose and now I am having problems with the eyes... first, I tried just plain black beads (I am out of black glass eyes DOH!  :doh: ) and they didnt look right, so then I tried to needlefelt some eyelids.. well they looked odd, so I tried to shade the eyelids...another failure... Now I ripped the eyelids off and just shaded around the eyes... the bear looks mean and I know he will not sell... I would just chuck the head and start a new one but the nose is PERFECT!! ARRGH!!! I am about to pull my hair out! I have been working on this darn head for about 4 hours now and thought I would be done hours ago and putting the pics up for you gals to see.... I would post pics but I am affraid I will scare you gals away!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

PROBLEM SOLVED...

bear_whistle

I just hacked the head into bitty pieces (after I rescued the nose)  bear_whistle ARRGH! Back to the drawing board, AGAIN!  I hate it when I am almost done with a bear and I screw up the last thing on the bear (doesn't happen often but when it does, I GO NUTS!)

Feelin lots better now!  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Poor bear!
Now you have messy bear brains to clean up!
Was the head mohair or felted?
I have yet to be able to do felted eyelids without the poor bear looking like he'd been punched in the eye or hadn't gotten sleep for a month!
And I hvae a tendancy to over-do it on shading around the eyes and end up with an evil looking character or a racoon!
So, you have my full understanding and sympathy.
Glad you solved the problem!
That would be my solution also!!!
Now, go get a good night's sleep and start over tomorrow!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It was mohair with a needlefelted nose... I can't save the nose and reuse but I feel better having it lay around then throwing it out LOL... Every once in a while I have an off day when nothing goes right LOL... I feel muuuuch better now!  (I just went to find the head and it missed my garbage can and was laying under the rocking chair, minus eyes and nose LOL...

I am going to bed now, and hopefully things will be better tomorrow!  LOL...

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Kim, I do understand.  When things aren't going right and I've tried again and again and again, I agree that there is only one solution and it involves scissors  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Thats normally my solution-in the bin :crackup: The only thing is that you have wasted so much time trying to put it right and have nothing to show for it bear_angry
Erin had a good solution by suggesting a cat as they usually like to seek out heads for playing with, but the only problem with my cat is he only wants the good heads and not the ones that I give to him that are ready for the bin-he is not interested in them in the slightest  bear_wacko 
Laurie :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

ughhh!!  I hate that!  Usually when I'm at chopping point I put it away for the next day and things seem better...or not lol.  Hope things are better tomorrow..or today now for you  bear_tongue   at least you still have the nose  bear_grin
:hug: Sarah

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Daphne wrote:

Poor bear!
Now you have messy bear brains to clean up!

EEEWWWWEEE!!

Kimmy, I was going to ask if you would post a picture but that was before I read you chopped up his head.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL  sorry girls, the head is in pieces... I can post a pic of the nose though LOL

nose2.JPG

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Only problem is that the stuffing and mohair are still attached  bear_wacko   I will just keep it on my work table and use it as a guide for the new one bear_original  Hopefully this one will work out! (and I hope it does because I don't think I have enough of that mohair left for another one LOL)

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LMAO  :crackup:  :crackup:

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts
kbonsall wrote:

... Now I ripped the eyelids off ...

ouch oh OUCH!
am I the only one crouched under the chair shrieking at that?  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_ermm

roflmao

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Oh Kim bear_original

Sorry the head didn't work out. However

Well Done

for a great nose :clap:

:hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_whistle Ahhh....yes, when the Muse does not strike, it pays to set the whole thing down, leave the room and go watch a good movie instead.  I've tried struggling through on days when it just wasn't 'right' and ....well, things go from bad to worse be it painting, drawing, or teddy bears. 

Sorry the poor head ended up chopped up, but can fully understand your wanting to vent  bear_angry   And you're right, that is a very, very nice nose!   bear_thumb

I'm sure things will look better now....new heads ahoy!  bear_flower

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

YAY...someone besides me has chopped a head!!!   It is some how freeing isn't it Kim?

:crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Love the nose, Kim!! I've had days like that, but I just chuck the head into a drawer, planning to salvage the parts. I've got one in there that gives me major creeps. I'm afraid to touch it . . .

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL... as I was chopping the bear up, I was thinking of you Shantell LOL.... i felt much better after I did it LOL....

I don't have a "spare bear parts" drawer... but the bears that I don't care for as much remain in my workshop downstairs.. the really bad ones, I throw out but it is usually just a head LOL...

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

This is a very funny read....maybe you should frame that nose Kim?  :crackup:  I usually end up throwing those sorts of heads across the room then rescuing them a few days later. My solution has always been to keep adding thing until it looks better but I think I'll try the chop method next time it sounds like much more fun  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Collin15.JPGOk gals, I am finally done with my bear!!! Here is Collin, the guy that was giving me sooo many problems !

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kimmy,

I do believe that this entitles you to join the small, exclusive sub-club here at TeddyTalk.....

That would be the Three C's

Congratulations....I only know of 2 other members.....we keep the membership kind of hush hush a143.gif

Oh, I am sorry Kimmy, what do the three C's in the Three C's stand for?

[size=20]
The Chop Chop Club of course.....
[/size]
g020.gif

Congratulations Kimmy-your official card and magic decoder ring are in the

p025.gif

Dilu Posts: 8,574

And by the Way
a194.gif

Collin is truly delicious...what a lovely bear....what great eyes and lids!!!!

c032.gif

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you dilly! and what an honor... so I know that myself and Shantell are in the club... who else is LOL... love ya, shantell!  :hug:  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
shantell wrote:

YAY...someone besides me has chopped a head!!!   It is some how freeing isn't it Kim?

:crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

I better stay on everyone's good side!   :crackup:

Board footer