Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Show-Bears-BOTHresz-1.jpgHi.  I said I would share some pics with you of a few bears I am working on for an upcoming bear show.  These are not great photos but I think they will give a general idea.

These two, still nameless, are 18" tall with double jointed necks.  Once has taxidermy glass eyes the other German glass and painted.  Both are the same design.

Show-BearRESZ-02.jpg
Show-BearRESZ-03.jpg

Show-BearRESZ-01.jpg

Here's one more.  He's about 14"..again..nameless.

Show-BearRESZ-05.jpg

I have quite a lot of respect for those of you who do multiple shows a year.  It is so much work to get ready for...I had forgotten just how much ..especially since this is ony my third show.   I plan on taking at least 15 bears...possibly 18 or 20 if I can. 

Any pointers from experienced show people???

I am open to any suggestions for names too.  I am really stumped!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh my goodness, Judi... Wonderful!!  I especially love those two up top; they're practically alive!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about getting ready for a show; it is a lot of work!!   bear_wacko And I am trying for the same number of bears as you are... at the very least 15.  Don't ask me why, but the big lighter brown one looks like a Barnaby to me....

Kimberly W.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Judi! i fell in love again for one of your bears!

After Oppie, who stayed my very favourite, now, this cute creamy bear on your last pic is filling my heart with envy: envy to hug him and to kiss him!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
If he were mine I would definitelly name him Chouchou! Chouchou is the familiar name for favourite in French.

That's a shame you did not make him for me... bear_tongue  But would have i been able to afford him?  bear_cry

Oh dear, i really love him!

I think Chouchou would suit him very well!

Of course, YOU choose!

I don't have ideas for the other two who are beautiful bears.

The brown one seems to be saying: "Pstttt, i have got a secret!", while the pale one sounds like answering : "Hey, come on, tell me what's in your head!"

And the creamy one is just waiting for a hug! Are you sure he has to go to that show?  bear_tongue Maybe he would love to go to France!  bear_whistle
Oh dear, I am in big delirium now: I see myself trying to suggest you to keep that bear for me.... If your lady cows were reading that they would all laugh at me!  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you Kim and Sophie. bear_flower  bear_wub

Kim, What a great name for the lighter bear.  I will call him Barnaby.   bear_thumb  Thank you.  When is your show?  I love the raccoons you have made.  They will be snapped up right away!

Sophie, Chouchou it is for the white bear!  Thank you so much!  Chouchou would love to live in France.   bear_wub

What ever bears do not get adopted will come home and be posted on my website.

Thank you for the realy nice comments ladies. bear_flower  bear_thumb  :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Wow!!!! Is all I can say. Superb bears Judi!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:  :hug:

Ft. Bragg, NC

The show I'm going to is in two weeks, July 15th and 16th in Columbus OH and Ann Arbor MI.  How about you?  The closer mine gets the more I'm stressing!! LOL 

Kimberly W.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim...You're going to BOTH Ohio and Michigan?  Is one on the 15th and the other the 16th? 

I am going to San Diego August 12th and 13th.  We just happen to be going there for a family reunion and since the show will be there at the same time I decided to do it.

Do you do a lot of shows?

I am not quite stressing  yet.  I will feel much better when I have several more bears completed.  If I can get them all done this month....I will be able to breath again...and relax too. bear_innocent

sarahjane Brisbane

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Wow Judi...gorgeous bears I'm sure your show will be very successful!!!

I'm with Sophie I love the creamy coloured one  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Ft. Bragg, NC

lol, Judi, I figure this eye twitch I've developed will go away after the show, too. HA!!

Yes, I'll be going to both.  They are only 2 hrs away from one another and are actually from the same promoter (you get a 'package deal' if you reserve tables at both) so in essence, they are the same show, just at two different locations over two days.  I guess.... lol

No, this is my first show.  I'd love to have been able to say "Hey Judi, you  need 'blah blah' and blah blah' for the show", but heck, I'm worse off than you!!! lol  At least you've got some experience showing!!! bear_original  But I do hope to be able to do a lot of shows in the future.  I think it'd be fun!

I do know this, in the 'Shows' section of this forum, there is a checklist someone made up (sorry, I can't remember who!) and it's awesome!  It covers everything!!  I've printed it out so I can use it for this show.

Kimberly W.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim, I used to live near Ann Arbor Michigan.  I heard that is a very good show.  My, you are brave taking on tow locations...especailly beiing your first show. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Does this mean you will have around 15 bears and critters for EACH location? :dance:

I am going to check out that list.  Thanks for mentioning that. bear_thumb

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Congratulations - yet further examples of your skill and imagination. 

I doubt very much that you'll be bringing any home.

Take care...........................

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

They are wonderful!!! I am in love with the last one you posted!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hey Judi,

Hmmmm, I hadn't thought about having 15 for EACH location... What are you trying to do, KILL me?!?!?!  :crackup:  bear_wacko   I'm just kidding.  No, I am trying for 20 total, 15 minimum.  That's what was recommended to me. (Wow, why am I having so many problems trying to spell 'recommended'????? lol)  So I hope it's enough!!  I doubt I'll sell a ton, anyway......

Oh, I thought of a name for the dark one.  Wilhelm.  He looks like a Wilhelm.  But, of course that is TOTALLY up to you!!

Kimberly W.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Judi girl,

all your bears are amazing I can just never say enough. I can't hardly wait until I hug one!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub
not that you need it hon - but best wishes on the show.
hugs kassie

Celena Oxford

Wow Judi!  Amazing bears  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
BearBottoms wrote:

Hmmmm, I hadn't thought about having 15 for EACH location... What are you trying to do, KILL me?!?!?!  :crackup:  bear_wacko.

Yeah, LOL..I guess that would be an aweful lot to get finished bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko   I still think you are a brave girl taking on two locations.  Which location will you be at?   I am only guessiing but I woudl think that the Ann Arbor show might be bigger?

Thanks Kassie, Celena, Kimmy, and Sandra.

I am starting to feel a bit of a pinch now. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow Judi! They are all wonderful!! Don't get too stressed and don't forget to have fun at your show bear_grin Your bears are awesome.

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Wow...I love them both! Don't you think they want to live in Sweden?  bear_wub  bear_grin

Ft. Bragg, NC

I'll be at Columbus Saturday and Ann Arbor on Sunday (I think that's what you were asking....?? lol)  Oh MAN, now you're going to tell me that Ann Arbor's a bigger show?!?!?!  AGH!  Now I'm REALLY gonna stress!!  I am getting of right now and finishing this bear!! lol

Kimberly W.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Judi, you and Kim need to do a show together so you can lean on each other and share your stress levels.  bear_original Thanks for sharing these bears with us, Judi. You really have captured character in them, and I can tell they're soooo much work! I love Chouchou.

Debora

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

OH JUDI,

YOUR TALENT IS NEVERENDING.  THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME CREATIONS

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
BearBottoms wrote:

Oh MAN, now you're going to tell me that Ann Arbor's a bigger show?!?!?!  AGH!  Now I'm REALLY gonna stress!!  .

Yes, Kim, AnnArbor is a big place...it's a college town where the college campus is intermixed throughout the city.  It's really a neat place.  It's also a very artsty town.  Each year they shut down the town and set up a  huge art show trhoughout the streets.  It is very well attended.  I wouldn't stress too much...you're going to do GREAT!  Take lots of pictures if you can and you could do a reportiing live story. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
New Avenue Crew wrote:

Judi, you and Kim need to do a show together so you can lean on each other and share your stress levels.

YES!  That would be really fun! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Terrie , Jennie, Debora, Cindy...thanks guys!  Your comments really help. bear_wub  :hug:

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

A little advice from me.

It wouldn't be fun unless we were stressed!

My hubby always "knows" when a show is coming up as I am stressed.

hugs Lisa Dopking

Board footer