Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

ShowBear11-7.JPGWell, this little guy was certainly born of the 'Bear' Bottoms Originals Studio... I DO remember bringing him into this world.... but where the HECK did he come from?!?!?! lol :crackup:

I thought I would give a needle felted face a try after some expert coaching from Judi (Thank you so much, Judi!!!!) and this little guy was born.  I'll admit, at first I really didn't like him at all and was about to give up on him, but I stuck it out anyway and now I just can't help but to have fallen in love with him.  What an ugly duckling he was!  But MAN, can you style his hair!!!!!!!!!!!

He's made from this completely weird, silky fur that is matted, but if you brush it out it's like silk.  Then if you mess with it enough, it goes matty again.  It kinda reminds me of wool, but not.  Does that make ANY sense??

I would like feedback on this guy, if you all don't mind.  Honestly, honestly, what do you think about him?  For the Show?  Has he fallen so far from the 'Bear' Bottoms family tree that it would be a bad idea to have him at the show?  IS it a bad idea to have completely different styles at a show?  ARGH!! It's getting crunch time and I'm feeling it!! lol  Thanks, you all in advance....  :hug:

Kimberly W.

P.S. I had to add my husband's favorite hair style, the spiked look.... geez, men...  :P
ShowBear111.JPG
ShowBear113.JPG
ShowBear114.JPG
ShowBear11.jpg
ShowBear116.JPG
ShowBear112.JPG

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is so sweet!!  bear_wub I love his spiky hair do!  I just started busting out laughing and scared the crap out of my dogs!!! He kind of looks like a grandpa bear bear_original

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Oh yeah Kimberly take him to your show ... you could have a whole new series!!! You'll just show everyone how versatile you are.
What size is he?
He's so  bear_cool  bear_cool  bear_coolbear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub him to pieces.
Jumping.gif
Big beary hugs,
Sandi

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Kimberly

I think, he is very cute, expectly when you brush he's hair down in
his face.
I also think, that it is nice to have some diffirentlooking bears too.
So people can see, that you are not stock in only one stile.
You did a great job.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I love the spiked look! I too busted out laughing when that one came up! I would use that one in a show as an attention getter
Sonya

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

LOVE LOVE LOVE at first sight! He is absolutely wonderful ant that fur!!!!! bear_thumb

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hey ya Kimberly,

I was having a look around tonight (in between work) and just had to come in and post. First let me say. I read the posts from all you guys while waiting for all the pictures to load (slow internet) and came to the part were everyone was talking about cracking up over the fur. I thought - awww how can nice Sonya and Kim laugh at your sweet little bear. bear_sad  So I went back and looked his first picture, I thought he had a little bit of spiky hair, but surely nothing to laugh at. I smiled at his sweet face but did not think he was funny. Then the picture loaded with the spiked fur on his head. Ok, then I busted out laughing, but in a very good way! What a wonderful bear. And the needle felting on his face is just adorable.
Sweety - I think that is the most adorable- est funny thing I have seen in a long time.
and  - I am so glad to learn you guys aren't meanies after all.  bear_grin  (*wink*)
hugs kassie

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

He is great - fabulous fur and I love the different styles you photographed him in. He'll be a sure winner at the show but not for long!!

Marion

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim, I love him! See, I knew you could do it!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   I laughed when I saw the spikey hair picture!!  You do have quite an imagination.

He is AWESOME!!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Ft. Bragg, NC

bear_laugh I THOUGHT everyone would get a kick out of his spiked hairdo!!  My husband is crazy... lol  He has waaaay too much fun with this guy. 

I am so happy for the feedback; I was worried that people would look and say, "um, can't she stick with one style?" but it's refreshing to know that people might also think that I can create many different looks.  Both have their benefits, I suppose.  bear_original

Hee hee, I'm truly glad you all got a good laugh out of his fur; I did!!!  Plus, look at that smile, he's supposed to be a bit of a goof ball.  bear_tongue

Kimberly W.

Oh yeah, my husband suggested that I change his hairdo every hour.... what do you all think?  Keep it spiked, or rotate hairdos?

sarahjane Brisbane

Definitely rotate hairdoes....that will keep everyone coming back to see what else you've done....although you'll be lucky to still have him after the first hour, I think he's gorgeous and someone is going to want him really fast.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kim that hair is a riot.  You definately must rotate hairdos to keep everyone returning to the table.  Or Maybe have  a picture of the different styles and keep the spiked hair.  Either way, he'll be a huge hit !!  He's adorable.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I LOVE him--definitely a winner! :love:

:crackup: I especially like the Donald Trump do in the 4th pic!!

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Yes! Love at first sight!
He's awesome and I don't find the right words!
And this pic with the spiky hair!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Wonderful fabrics and GREAT WORK Kimberly!  :hug:  bear_flower  bear_thumb

K Pawz Guest

OH Kimberly, he is awesome... bear_wub

Hugs,
Krista

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb WOW!!  He's so cool Kimberly! bear_cool  bear_cool You really must take him to the show.  Love that nose too, by the way.  Excellent work! bear_thumb

Ft. Bragg, NC

bear_original Thank you ladies so much for your input!  I gues I'll be taking him along then; he can just snuggle in with all the others whom he looks nothing like... lol  The more I look at him, though, the more I see a resemblance to my raccoons' faces.... in some discreet way. lol

Kimberly W.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Kimberly he is wonderful ....love the hair dos

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Kimberly, I just love this guy!! And his hairdos are a riot. What a sweetie!!  bear_wub I showed the hairdos to my hubby, and he just loved them.

Debora

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

I love him

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

He is an absolute sweetheart. I bet someone snapped him up? Or haven't you done the show yet?

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Yes when is the show, I have been waiting to find out if he disappeared quickly or not.

Ft. Bragg, NC

HI gals,

The show was last weekend, and nope he didn't sell!  He's still here.  I suppose I might post him on eBay sometime in the next couple of weeks. :)

Kimberly W.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

He's awesome Kim! I love his toes, his expression, his gorgeous eyes and his style-able hair. bear_thumb  bear_thumb He's really cool! :clap:

Board footer