Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hi ya'll,
I just was wondering of you would like to have a look at my newest way of promoting my gallery in my website.
I appreciate your opinions!
Thanks bear_flower

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I like the idea but I think you will find it may lose a lot of people who have slow connections.
I also find that I like to be able to look at a bear and wander back to a bear and take anopther peek.  Have you though about doing it as an introduction on your home pages then have the gallery as well?

lulubears Posts: 280

I am on a dial-up connection and tried to look at your new site.  The video never came up, thought I waited for quite a while.  I finally gave up.  This may not be a problem with those that are on high speed connections.  Just like when perusing e-bay, if it takes forever to load, or there are tons of photos, I back out and move on.  I will try to get it to reload again in the morning.  Sometimes it goes faster very early in the morning.  Maybe no one else is on that early.  Ha!

Luann

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hi Roxanne,

I too had a hard time getting it to run.  I have DSL but often times it runs a bit slower than others especially I think during peak usage times.  It eventually ran but it took several minutes and I almost gave up.

Good idea though...

Shantell

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Beautiful bears Roxanne but it is too slow. I think the other suggestion to have a gallery as well is the way to go. I like to be able to look back and forth over artist's creations and I can't do this on your website which is a huge shame. I have a super fast connection and so I am used to be able to see things quickly and I can't. Don't risk loosing potential buyers Roxanne, grab them whilst you can.
Sorry to be so negative, as I said your bears a great so lets see them more.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Odessa, Tx

Wow, I guess I never took these things into consideration.  :redface:  Having DSL myself I just went off playing with the moviemaker not thinking how it would work for everyone. I have not heard one positive thing about it so I guess it pretty much stinks  bear_shocked
I'll be pulling out the "webmaster" hat today and see if I can fix all what I have screwed up! 
Thank you for your honesty  :hug:   bear_flower

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi,
I don't think it stinks at all, I think it's pretty cool and forward thinking of you. I've got high speed and it ran great.  I think Shelli has a gallery like this actually..slide show type gallery ....if I'm remembering correctly.  I think it's very innovative bear_original Gotta think outside the box if you want to be fresh, right?!  bear_thumb
If you want to be sure that even those with slower connections and older PCs can view just add the thumbnails gallery and keep this intro page for those who can enjoy it too.

~Chrissi
ebay, ctcatherwoods
coming summer2006...www.CatherWoods.com

Odessa, Tx

Thank you all for your replies.  :hug: 
This is still a work in progress. You all did have a good thought about making a seperate page available with the thumbnail gallery pics.  bear_thumb  Thanks again  bear_original

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Love it its unusual and great.....

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great new web-site and bears Roxanne. I have broadband and it loaded up very fast.
A seperate gallery would be a good idea also so that people can still get to view your Bears especially if they don't
have a fast connection

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Roxanne, I think you have a great idea, I have broadband it did load a little slow, but  once loaded went fine, you have got a good effect there.  :clap:

Board footer