Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Both Malko and I got our answers today in the mailbox concerning the researcher positions we applied for and none of us was lucky... :(

Well, we were ewxpecting it, actually, but kept hoping until today.

Now we know...

What's gonna happen now, i have no idea. What i am sure about is that i cannot expect to be given another chance in my area after two years being unemployed. bear_angry

Right, i don't feel depressed right now, because my head is still busy with my teddy bears, but I will have to consider seriously how to get a job!!!! I cannot stay like that. Either i find a job or I change my boyfriend to find a rich man (I prefer first option). :P

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh big hugs to you both Sophie,  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: You both must be soooooo disappointed. Maybe you could look for a different kind of job until something else in a researcher position comes along. I feel so sad for you both having your dreams shattered.

UMMMMMMM! A rich man may be nice to have but they can be rather arrogant so stick to Malko the one you love.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin 

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Sophie - I am so terribly sorry  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   Yes, stick with Malko - you'll find a job - and have your perfect man!

Stick with the bears also - they'll keep you happy for the time being!
Danni

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

So sorry Sophie, you know I know this from personal experience as I almost fell out of science too. The general rule is that after three years out of science you can't get a job as a scientist any more, ever. Its just because science is moving so fast that someone who hasn't done it for three years is expected to be out of the loop, not up to date anymore and there are too many competitors who are up to date. It would be no problem to get up to date in short time, but you rarely get the chance. Science is the cruelest business of all! You have another year I reckon! There may be another way for you also, if you can find a back door. Like get a job at a lab or museum doing something else and then gradually move towards doing research. That's what I did, but it was a strike of luck and good fortune.
Keep applying dear, also abroad, as it seems to me that the French system is unusually difficult and unjust. Look into working for Greenpeace, WWF and the like and see if there is anything in developing countries paid by the French government as support for those countries. It may not be science, but it can be biology. Do volunteer work if you can and get yourself out there, get a name, become known. The EU council sometimes has openings for scientists too, although very many apply.
Lots of hugs to you my dear friend :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh I'm so sorry Sophie..don't give up hon and work on your bears in the time you have.  Big hugs  :hug:  :hug:
xo sarah

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aw, Sophie - I'm sorry you and Malko didn't get the jobs.  Keep the faith and surely something will come up for both of you.  I'm really glad that you have bears to keep you occupied and look forward to seeing the next one.  : :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sophie I am so sorry that you and Malko didn't get the jobs.  I cna underestand how discouraged you must be waiting for 2 years to find the right job.  I hope something comes along soon.   Keep your chin up and be happy that you at least have a wonderful boyfriend and your bears.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Sophie,  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

I'm a strong believer in fate Sophie, these jobs just weren't 'the' ones for you and Malko, there's better ones around the corner, just you wait and see.......all the best to you both   :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Awww. you've worked soo hard.

Man , life is tough, when you figure out what you want to do, let me know. I could use some ideas!

BevsHuggables Bev's Huggables Plus
Leland, NC

Sorry about the jobs, but something better must be in the future for you. Good luck and God Bless. Bev

BevsHuggables Bev's Huggables Plus
Leland, NC

Heather what is the cat you are holding in your picture? Is it domestic or wildlife cub? Bev

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_cry RATS, Sophie!  bear_angry

bear_thumb Definitely stick with Malko and make more bears!

bear_thumb Sabine gives very good advice!

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Sophie,
So disappointing for you both. After all the time, worry and hard work you have put in, hopefully there will be something better in the future.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Celena Oxford

Dear Sophie, so sorry to hear about you and Malko not getting the job  :hug:  BUT don't give up, there will be other better opportunity in the future for you and Malko. 

My very best wishes to both of you. 

Beary hugs
Celena

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Dear Sophie and Malko....

I am so terribly sorry

Have you considered immigrating to a country that could use your education?

I am so sorry for both of you! 

I wish France, and Europe, were not struggeling so with jobs for the younger folks!

It is so upsetting that a young person works so hard working to get advanced degrees and not be able to use the education they strived so hard to obtain.

Board footer