Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

I must say i love you all here... No matter who you are or what you say... I know your only cyber pals but you've all helped fill a little gap in my daily life. Teddy making can turn us all into household recluses. Here we can vent all our daily frustrations openly with folk who really understand.

I might not always agree with what i read here, but it makes for interesting reading.  bear_whistle

THIS POST IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE... IT IS MEANT ONLY TO SUPPORT, UNITE,  WE CANT HAVE GOOD TEDDY TALKERS DROPPING OFF... WITHOUT ADRESSING IT CAN WE? WE CANT BEG PEOPLE TO STAY... WE CAN ONLY HELP CREATE A BETTER PLACE FOR US ALL TO BE.

SORRY IF THIS MY POINT OF VIEW UPSETS ANYONE... BUT THIS IS JUST ME BEING ME... bear_original BIG MOUTH AN ALL bear_original

I VALUE HONESTY. OPENESS, FRIENDSHIP, KINDNESS AND HAPPY SURROUNDINGS ABOVE ANYTHING ELSE...

Being here has honestly made me feel... HAPPY, UPSET, AMUSED, ANGRY, MOVED, INSIGNIFICANT, SMALL STROKED, LONELY, COMFORTED, AFRAID, SUPPORTED DISAPPOINTED and many many more feelings...This has just been my personal reaction to what ive read or has been posted to me or others. bear_thumb

Just as being in any family makes you feel. bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

I am sure about one thing, belonging here means i can talk, share, comfort, support, help, aid, enable and  belong to a group of people who for most would want the same experience and would give goodness willingly without any hesitation or question. bear_original

THUS IN TURN I WOULD HOPEFULLY RECEIVE BACK WHAT I GIVE TO OTHERS.

We would all like the world to be perfect... It sadly never will be... Its human nature that effects it. bear_rolleyes

To achieve success and the best we possibly can, we must join together to make this possible.

Take the VERY old saying

From little acorns mighty oaks grow

We here at Teddy Talk are all little acorns, we have all started as bear makers, and to achieve success we keep on progressing trying harder, taking failure on the head as part of the process.

Some of us plod along singulary, asking for no help, learning by mistakes ... Some ask for help...

And TeddyTalk is where you can get the very best advice... From those who have already learned by their mistakes, and will willingly share their experience with you. JUST ASK AWAY... IF WE DON'T WANT TO ANSWER... WE CAN ONLY IGNORE OR SAY NO... :crackup:

What makes us artists... OUR SURROUNDINGS.... OUR FRIENDS.... ANYTHING THAT TOUCHES US VIA OUR SENSES...

We absorb inspiration... Via inspiring things.... THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE MUST SET OUT TO COPY... But we put our own personal interpretation on the object of our inspiration, by means of making our very own objects, from our very own designs. We all have done this ... We all do this...

Teddy Talk inspires...

Teddy Talk IS A POSITIVE PLACE TO BE... friendship and mutual respect is what will make it work...

But it cant work without you...

UNITE...

There is goodness and badness everywhere... UNITE...
For Teddy Talk to work properly we must all put in the effort to make it happen...

Invisable lurkers come out... Join PROPERLY... Add details to your membership profile... TELL US WHO YOU ARE... WHERE YOUR FROM ... Build an avatar... Make the huge effort to post...

What have you got to hide?... What have you got to loose?... What positive imput have you got to offer?... You may enjoy it... You may not... You simply will never know unless you try...

[size=0]But DON'T forget Mutual respect is needed... A POSITIVE ATTITUDE RULES... We comment, encourage, Stroke, support,and enable everyone to become better and better... [/size]

We must never deliberately bad mouth, offend, hurt, be-little, stamp on, or knock the confidence of anyone who is trying only to better themselves...Choose your words VERY carefully...remember... POSITIVE...

REMEMBER THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL PLACE TO BE...  Made possible by good POSITIVE Teddy Talk members

Teddy Talk is for everyone to enjoy....

ENDING ON A MUCH NEEDED POSITIVE NOTE READ ON...[/b]

Do It Anyway

By Mother Teresa

•    People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centred - Forgive them anyway.
•    If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives - Be kind anyway.
•    If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies - Succeed anyway.
•    If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you - Be honest and frank anyway.
•    What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight - Build anyway.
•    If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous - Be happy anyway.
•    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow - Do good anyway.
•    Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough - Give the world the best you can.   
•    You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God - It was never just between you and them [/b]

At Teddy Talk you surf with the very best artists in bearmaking... However they are not to big in their boots to converse with even the newest bearmaker...

THEY ARE ONLY EVERY-DAY HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE YOU...
WHO HAVE WORKED HARD TO BECOME BETTER AND BETTER AT WHAT THEY DO...

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I thought we had all sort of agreed to forget this thing now.

Penny  bear_thumb

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

FORGOT WHAT :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lanie... great advice, lots of it common sense one would think. The rest would come out of a respectful, descent, compassionate human being.

Penny... that would be nice as we can hash this out 'til we're blue in the face. When it comes down to it, the only words of advice on how to behave on an online forum are likely only to be the rules and guidelines set forth by the host i.e. Intercal. But like in many situations or any where trauma of any kind, especially on an emotional level, has occured, people want and need to talk about it as part of the 'moving on' process. Care needs to be taken that another dipute doesn't arise. We're all a little raw and on edge right now. Probably had enough lecturing on the whole thing.

Lanie... I think you are like me in not necessarily expecting complete harmony, but wanting everyone to be civil and respectful of one another... something that really shouldn't be too hard you'd think! I respect diversity, individuality, opinions etc.... all when put forth with maturity and respect of others. And with the ability to know when enough is enough. I think we've seen instances lately where folks haven't realized that things have gone too far.

I love having you here, Lanie. You are such a dear person and full of wonderful words of wisdom and comfort! Keep being the wonderful person you are!!!

:hug:
Daphne

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

oooooo Daphne Ditto...
HUMBLY THANKING YOU  :redface:   :hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

MY POST WAS MEANT WITH SINCERE KINDNESS...
MY THOUGHTS ARE MY OWN...HUMOUR AS WELL...
THEY ARE VERY SINCERE AND VERY HEART FELT...
I DO HOWEVER RESPECT OTHERS POINTS OF VIEW...
EVEN IF I DONT AGREE...
AND I CANT SPELL :crackup:  :crackup:
Daphne has hit the nail on the head.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Lovely and all moving forward positively Laine  bear_flower  I love the mother teresa quotes in purple. ((hugs))  :hug:
xo Sarah

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:hug:  :clap:  :clap: Lovely thread Lanie!  You have 'hit the nail on the head' and expressed my feelings on the matter as well. bear_thumb    And now, it's time to move on everyone! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Well said, all.  bear_flower  :hug:

We need to understand both those who want to ignore the flamingbears of the world and those who want to set them down a peg.

Most of the set-downs, I noticed, were in defense of other TTers, which I think is admirable, and wouldn't want to discourage.

With apologies to Lincoln, The trouble-makers can inflame some of us all of the time, and all of us some of the time, but never all of us all of the time.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

YEAH  bear_original TT'S STAND TOGETHER bear_original .... WEATHER THE STORM... bear_original AND MOVE ON WITH GUSTO:dance:  :hug:

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Mask10_C1.jpgMy goodness, seems like I missed a lot while I was away. Sorry but I had to go back & get caught up on things to see what all the fuss is about. Good thing I was away cause my mouth always gets me in trouble. But of course I just want to add a little something, I know it's already forgotten but after reading all them post I just can't help myself.....
This is only directed to one person & one person only "FB"-
I honestly think flammingbear is a real stupid A**  ~ Ooops, am I allowed to write that?
Other then that I would really like to see your- her bears. 
Send me a picture if your still lurking  :dance:  ~ Sandy
lovebudbears@aol.com

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Hi everyone,

I haven't checked into Teddy Talk in quite a while because I have been very busy with other things.  I was just going to have a look at the bears on the Showcase and Bears and Friends.  I opened up the general discussion forum and was very surprised to find this on going thread.  What discussions, problems, hard feelings etc, etc. one post caused.   Looks like the whole thing just kind of snowballed. 
Even though I don't drop by daily I love this forum and all the folks that make it so special.   The two words that come to mind when I think of Teddy Talk are - sharing and caring. 

Love you all,
Sandi

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I love you all !! :hug:  This is special place for special people like you !(and you and you and you ~ bear_wub

I just wanted to post Teddy Talk Policies in here ↓
I agree 100% to this policies. Everyone "MUST" agree to this to join TT.  :angel:
**************************************************************************************************************
The chosen name....Teddy Talk....implies what this forum is all about.  Opinions and advice offered in individual postings are the opinions of individual board members and, as such, may not necessarily reflect our views.  All advice should be considered advice....and nothing else.

FRIENDLINESS, WELCOME & CAMARADERIE are keywords on Teddy Talk. Members of the Teddy Talk community are requested to treat each other with consistent respect and dignity. Repetitive, derogatory comments which malign persons or businesses will not be tolerated.

Intercal Trading Group and/or Teddy Talk's Help Advisors will not participate in or mediate any disputes arising between board members. Our Help Advisors are volunteer Help Advisors; not Mediators.

If you disagree with a statement or a posting from a fellow board member, please contact that board member directly via email explaining your point of view. Edit and/or Delete functions are available in the lower right corner of YOUR original post. Please do not ask a Help Advisor to edit or delete a posting by another member of Teddy Talk.

We would like to keep Teddy Talk commercial-free.....except for the Bears & Friends For Sale forum and the Banner Ads. Commercials, advertisements and/or For Sale Postings in any forum are therefore subject to removal without notification.
******************************************************************************************************************

hugs
Marie

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

I love this forum and all the folks that make it so special.   The two words that come to mind when I think of Teddy Talk are - sharing and caring. 

Love you all,
Sandi

I love you all !!   This is special place for special people like you !(and you and you and you ~  )
hugs
Marie

Brilliant thats the spirit ....  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Yes I know I should just shut up and let this go, but I  just have to share my feelings. 

Gals, I have been a member for just a year now and I have witnesses so much genuine compassion , caring and support on this group. I have had opportunities that I never would have otherwise.  As much as I am deeply saddened by what has been happening, I personally WILL NOT let the unkindness of a few spoil what the other 99.9% have created here at TT.  That being friendship and a wonderful place to be.  We can't just throw it all in the trash.  Maybe I'm just blind, naive or whatever, but I am sure we can weather this storm and I for one will ride the waves.  Life is TOOOOO short for unkind, hurtful words.  With so many members we will NEVER all agree, that's just life.  We can certainly share our opinions if we just remember a  little RESPECT goes a LONG way.  I have met the most wonderful people here and I know there will be more to come. 

With love and kindness, Tammy  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Tammy, you just put it in real nic words, what I was trying to say;
Thank you! :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

Board footer