Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I know I'm being silly, but I was so excited to get my order. Hey, it only took me a year to get around to ordering !!!   I washed all the mohair and it is hanging out to dry.  I also got the pre-crimped eyes and I will never be able to use anything else again , I can tell already.  They look awesome.

I also got my TT shirt and it fits.  Yippee, Yahoo. So when things get happy here again I can wear it with pride.

The service was excellent and shipping was faster than expected.  Thanks Intercal !!!!!  I now publically admit I have a mohair addiction ..............please help  :crackup:

Big Fuzzy Hugs, Tammy

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Tammy... YES.. you will LOVE the eyes!  And the addiction can be outright insane at times.... I only RARELY make large mohair bears.... but each and everytime I look through the on line catelogue, I just can't help but buy another fat quarter (or so!!!!)  ENJOY!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

HAPPY DANCE  :dance:
That box is Christmas Morning for me bear_grin !  But be careful...it IS addictive  :crackup:

AND you're right...the service is the best!  I've never had a company call me if an item is not in stock and offer another solution...Intercal DOES! How many time do you order from a store (clothing, household goods, whatever) and get a "backordered" stamp or note?! Not intercal...they truly go above and beyond.  Love it  bear_wub
~Chrissi

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Tammy, did you know you are treading on dangerous water, when you ordered the mohair LOL!   I still remember the very first piece I bought over 12 years ago - a mini dense short mohair and I still have a tiny piece of it.  That first tiny bear made from mohair put me over the moon and I've never looked back.  The sad part for me is that I used to buy so much mohair when I did shows, that I could probably make bears for the next five years and not use it up, so I haven't bought anything new for ages.  Can't wait to see your first mohair bear!

hugs,

Brenda

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Brenda I had already made a few mohair bears.  I just never got around to ordering from Intercal.  I got some pieces from a seller in Ontario and was very pleased with them.  Intecal had some pieces I really wanted to try too, but I hate worring about customs.  But, the box arrived with no problems.   bear_thumb

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

awww TAMMY its so exciting isnt it...
IT FEELS LIKE CHRISTMAS EVERY TIME... I FEEL YOUR JOY
ENJOY  :dance:  ENJOY :dance: ENJOY :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Great news Tammy , I  have been worried about customs also, I'll have to take the plunge :0) Please tell me what size shirt you ordered that fit so well, I have been waiting on that also  :redface:  Do tell all!!  bear_wub   bear_grin

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

bear_grin Oh happy day, it is so much fun when the intercal mohair box arrives  bear_grin

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I have to admit, I love those eyes also.

It took me a long time to finally buy them, but they are worth every penny.

There is almost nothing I love more than getting a nice BIG box from intercal!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh Tammy...I remember my first Intercal order...I could hardly wait for it to arrive and was thrilled when it did.  Sometimes I find myself just feeling the mohair for no other reason but because I can.

I love the precrimped eyes too...I have some that are not and I never use them anymore.  Kind of wasteful I would guess but so what...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

ENJOY, big time, Tammy!!!

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
shantell wrote:

Oh Tammy...I remember my first Intercal order...I could hardly wait for it to arrive and was thrilled when it did.  Sometimes I find myself just feeling the mohair for no other reason but because I can.

Oh boy, I know that feeling only too well Shantell...I'm like a kid with a new toy.

Tammy, the feeling I get from receiving parcels from Intercal is a mixture of warmth, happiness and excitement. I'm not just speaking of the first time...it's like Christmas every time for me! Then I can't wait to start the next project! bear_grin

Enjoy it, these sorts of feelings don't come round too often...not unless you order mohair every week! :crackup:

:hug:
Sandi

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Hi, all you Canadian ladies - you should not be charged any duty on your parcels from Intercal.  They are not in competition with any Canadian company, as they are one of only two places that import from the mills, and both are in the US.  You may however, be charged the PST and the GST.  If you have a PST number, then you can get that back by sending in a special form to customs, I believe it is a B2 form, but don't quote me on that number.  Ditto with duty if you are charged any.

Hope that helps.

Jane P.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Fantastic Tammy,

Yep, It always does feel like Christmas Morning.  I remember one Christmas morning when my main present was a box from Intercal.  My hubby ordered on line from intercal and it had a little bit of everything in it.  Boy double whammy!  He didnt pay attention to the coupons though!  I couldn't believe it!

Enjoy you guys.  I love they way they package everything.....the little celophene packets for the eyes and everything wroappedup so well....

You will love they eyes.....the pre crimped are all I ever use for the glollies, mini bears, big bears.....they are truly worth every penny!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi Tammy
Oh I love that excitement of the parcel bear_grin  I lvoe those eyes too!!  never ever use anything else again!  Yay, youve joined to mohair addicts club.  bear_tongue I have more mohair in my wardrobe than clothes...keep chucking away clothes to fit in more fur hehe
xo sarah

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh I am SO jealous!  It's been ages since i've purchased mohair!!!!!!!!!!!!    I have never purchased from Intercal either, I should I know!!!!

Hey, it just dawned on me Tammy, is that my Buddy in the gorgeous photo of you??

Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I now publically admit I have a mohair addiction ..............please help

bear_rolleyes Us, Tammy? Are you kidding? :crackup:

I've got to admit that even if (heaven forbid) I never made another bear, I'd still enjoy my mohair collection!

How's that for hopeless!!? bear_wacko

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Congrads! Can't wait to see the treasures you'll make with it!
JeannieB bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hey Danni, yes that is your Buddy in the picture.  I wanted to have a special pic of the bear I sent for my first swap !   bear_thumb

p.s.  Thanks everyone for sharing my excitement.  I don't feel so silly after all !!!!   bear_whistle

Board footer