Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

nettie scotland
Website

Hi my granny is the one who called me wee scone and it is after her pet name I named the bears.I mention this only as my granny and papa used to visit every sunday and since I have decided to be a sunday visitor I feel like my granny.She was nicknamed Samson for her incredible strength.I remember her in her seventies carrying a huge wardrobe across the room with ease.I take after her and have freakinshly strong arms.I took up bodybuilding and made them even bigger haha.
Its nice to see things are lighter here and I won't get a cross face to iron anymore.
I wondered today while working if any of the rest of you have days where you want to make about six diferent bears and can't settle.I am in the proccess of making a bright pink girlie I want to wear a dress I just bought on ebay.I had to stop and design my take on an antique english chad valley bear that I love,now I am in the mood for a big german boy.I wish I was like the bad guy in spider man 2 with all the arms!!!!!
It is offensively hot here so maybe my brain has overheated!!!!
Nice to see you all.Hugs Diane xxx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:crackup: bear_original What a coincidence, Diane!

I'm a mere almost 62, but I just carried a huge wardrobe across the room bear_thumb

It's one of those modern chipboard horrors, something that my daughter left behind, but it will hold a lot of mohair, and it's painted purple!! bear_wub

And yes, it's so hot here that my brains are leaking out my pores bear_wacko

I'm ashamed to say how many in-progress bears I've got waiting for me to stop starting new ones. :redface:

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

I've often wondered where "wee scone" came from. Thanks for sharing the history! Yes, I usually visit Teddy Talk when I am not able to settle into a project! Guess I might want to get to work, soon! So much to do, only two arms to do it with!
JeannieB bear_original

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Pandy Potter is what my dad used to call me when I was little. Heres one for you is it pronounced scone like say dome or scon?  I'd better get a bear started, never mind finished, I want to do one for the traditional bear challenge.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Diane,
I think this is what is called an overstimulated imagination...I suffer from this constantly and always have about four projects on the go, not knowing which to finish first.

I'll have an idea and have to get it out, even though it might only be for part of a bear...mostly to make room up top for more ideas to pop into! :crackup:

There are often heads sitting on the top of glasses waiting for their bodies to be made or faceless unstuffed bears lying around whilst I'm busy drafting another pattern, so you are not alone.

I really feel for you, I know how frustrating it can be. bear_wacko

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Sandi

Stellajella Wien

Hi refeshing Diane  :hug: ,
I used to carry wardrobes around when I was a teenager... now I sit on gymnastic balls to not feel the pain  :crackup:

What you feel about making an english valley boy with pink dress and so: I can relate to it! Aren´t we al in the mood for a nice big german boy from time to time ? I´m gonna see mine again in 2 weeks *giggle*

Gaby bear_flower
xoxo

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:crackup:  Gaby  :crackup:

That's fascinating about your granny Diane!  My Eldon's grandpa could do similar....lift a man on a coal shovel...though definitely NOT as useful as lugging a heavy wardrobe around. 

As for myself, I'm happy with my strength, but have discovered the joys of pretending to be a wimp as I get older  bear_tongue   

As for the needing extra arms...boy do I wish!  There's so many times my brain's running so fast and far ahead, and my hands can't keep up.  bear_happy

nettie scotland
Website

Good to hear I am not alone with the heads all around!!!
One story I always remember about my granny is when my papa got a new car.The door was a bit wonky (it was a second hand banger) and I remember him telling my granny to lift it slightly before shutting it.We all watched as she lifted the car clean of the road.Just one side of course.
I used to slam car doors badly.I was on a first date with a guy years ago and slammed it so hard I broke a bit off.Munutes after that I kicked him in the head while puting my leg over the gate.The worst was still to come.After he went home I discovered Hayley had picked up nits (head lice at school) and I had to phone him and ask him to check his head ha ha.We never went out again surprisingly.
Well back to my multi tasking.
Diane xxx
p.s I like the comment about the german boy he he
Scone is pronounced here just like John but some english say scooone!!!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Aww you lot are so funny  :crackup:
Me too Dianne and as Sandi so rightly put it :hug:

I think this is what is called an overstimulated imagination...I suffer from this constantly and always have about four projects on the go, not knowing which to finish first.

I'll have an idea and have to get it out, even though it might only be for part of a bear...mostly to make room up top for more ideas to pop into!

There are often heads sitting on the top of glasses waiting for their bodies to be made or faceless unstuffed bears lying around whilst I'm busy drafting another pattern, so you are not alone.

Ive always got five ,six seven, or eight bears on the go all at the same time... :crackup:

I NOW CALL THEM LITTLE BATCHES. :crackup:

Debbie your :crackup:  a case

As for the needing extra arms...boy do I wish!  There's so many times my brain's running so fast and far ahead, and my hands can't keep up.

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh Diane...I can just picture that fellow  bear_cry over his precious car door, then to get booted in the head...then the clencher of the nits  :crackup:  Whoooo boy!  Yeah, I'm not surprised you didn't go out with him again  bear_grin  Honestly sounds like some dates from hell that I've had!

Lanie  :dance: glad I could make you laugh!!!  :hug:  :crackup:

Board footer