Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have been away from TT for a while, lurking through posts and such.... I have been having a difficult time in my personal life (medical related) and didn't want to add to it by getting stressed.  I have had a long couple months and have been through a lot.  I still don't feel 100% and haven't been making bears like I was  bear_cry   I am going through a rough time and bearmaking just isn't fitting in.  I have had stomach pain for over a month (going on two) and have been talking to drs, my gyno and my family doctor.  I always am told that it is one thing and given either a prescription or told what it is with no advice on what to do next.  I have had a few things wrong recently (I have never been sick in my life and it is really scary.... I had pneumonia when I was 6 months and have had asthema since I was around 7 and minor colds and the regular flus and such) I was told by my gyno that I have a cyst and nothing has been done, I don't know if it is because I am trying to get pregnant that they are doing nothing (there, I said it, the cat is out of the bag, I AM TRYING TO GET PREGNANT!) LOL... but I think it is still there (luckily I have my yearly on Monday so maybe they can sort things out a bit more).  I also have been told that I was suffering from positional vertigo... very scary!!! If anyone hasn't had any form of vertigo, consider yourself VERY lucky!  I now have a prescription that I can take every time I feel dizzy and nauseous LOL... but it also has side effects like double vision, nausea, etc.... I haven't had to take one of those pills in a while and I am glad (I also can't drive a car when I take them)  I also have now been told by my doctor that they think I have a stomach ulcer WOOPEE!!! I have been suffering with stomach pains, nausea (again!), dizziness and all the other flu-like symptoms that I don't need to post LOL... I have been told to take an over the counter medicine and told to take it for 14 days and let them know how I feel... So maybe the stomach ulcer is it, maybe it is not.  I was told by my mother that she had/has one (apparently they come back and never go away - I guess depending on the cause of the ulcer) and my grandmother did also... I also spoke to a coworker and was told that she had a stomach ulcer a while back and was sick for three months until they determined what it was and they put her on the same medication for the same amount of time.  As I type this, I don't feel myself at all, I have been feeling sick for well over a month (coming up on two)... All I want is to feel my normal self, to not feel sick, to not feel dizzy...

I wish they could tell me exactly what is wrong and fix it... I hate not being able to get out and do what I want (including bearmaking)... I feel sooo incredibly blue.   bear_cry

Thank you girls for listening, I really needed to get it off my chest....  :hug:  bear_cry

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Blimey Kim, no wonder you feel down. I hope they sort you out soon. I was feling a little queasy yesterday (self induced from Friday night bear_tongue ) and its not nice. Hopefully someone has been through something similar and can offer you some advice. Hang in there. :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

What is the saying, when it rains it pours LOL... Thank you Amanda...  :hug: it has been rough and hopefully they will fix whatever is wrong.... I can't handle much more of this!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi Kimmy!  Oh honey.... whether it's an ovarian cyst or an ulcer... there are SO many things docs can do to get either or both of those things under control.  I just wanna give you a big hug!  Plus, trying to get pregnant on top of all that.... It's no wonder you are feeling out of sorts and blue....
As far as the getting pregnant thing goes... it's either been TOO easy for me.... or really really hard to get pregnant and STAY pregnant... and that in and of itself is SUCH an emotional rollercoaster......

Oh Kim... I'm just wishing I could give you a big hug, share a few laughs AND tears with ya!  I'm thinking about you!

Kim basta
Wild Thyme Originals

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
You know, I'm with you.
Kimmy,  bear_wub  bear_wub

HUGS, Julia
I'm not here much cause my daughter is sick again....I missed you girl.
Three of us (Marie, you and me are having not the best period  bear_happy  :pray:  )
I hope everything will be better soon for all of us.  bear_flower

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you girls...  :hug:  :hug: it has been really hard and I have to try to keep positive... Julia, I hope your daughter gets better soon, poor little one bear_sad

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Kim ...i'm sorry to hear that you have been sick and feeling blue.  bear_cry
It didn't happened to me yet but it must be so scare if doctor can't tell you
what is wrong to me when I feel very wrong with me.. bear_cry

Can you eat ? can you sleep ?
Please hung in there. I hope your pain will go away soon.

Gentle Hugs  :hug:
Marie

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kim, I got your bear!
SO CUTE! Anastasia said that that pink better is for little girls and Mummy doesn't fit in that category..  :crackup: So she has Bubbles.
And what about that pretty misterious fuzzy stuff??
I don't know what is it?

Marie, we are both posting her WOW!! Glad you are here too! You have to post your new bear!
Yes, Marie, has NEW BEARS!  :hug:

Julia

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad KimmyWims :hug:

No wonder you've been down!!

My daughter went through similar symptoms not long ago, and the problem turned out to be her gall bladder. She had to have it taken out-- but in the meantime she was told that she had appendicitis, an ovarian cyst, an overactive imagination, etc., etc., and as it turned out the surgeon got to her just in time to prevent serious complications.

Please, please, little one, have this possibility checked out right away, and don't hesitate to get several opinions.

Gall bladder trouble is rarely suspected in someone so young, which is why it's so often missed, but it happens.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Kim, You will be in my prayers.  It is not cool being sick but even more uncool when they cant tell why! :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
plushkinbear wrote:

Kim, I got your bear!
SO CUTE! Anastasia said that that pink better is for little girls and Mummy doesn't fit in that category..  :crackup: So she has Bubbles.
And what about that pretty misterious fuzzy stuff??

LOL...  :crackup: I am glad you both like Bubbles LOL

:crackup: The mysterious fuzzy stuff is fusible fibers!  I wanted to throw something special in there for you... Those are how I made my wings on Buzzy (my bee bear) and my avatar bear... you just put a small pile of them and sandwich them in between two pieces of tissue paper and iron them with an iron on the "silk" setting until they are fused and then you can cut them out (I also added sparkles and lacquered mine after they were cut and fused together)...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have been told by a coworker to check on my gallbladder... it is ridiculous that drs dont take people seriously... How much more do they want to happen before they do something about it??!??!  And now that the dr prescribed this medication and didnt see me, makes me more angry! I still feel like crap!  I know it says it could take a couple days to feel the full effect but this is ridiculous!!!

I also have been told that my grandfather and my uncle had their gallbladders taken out so maybe that is it... ARRGH!!! I wish they would do tests before they just blow people off or prescribe something I dont need....  bear_angry

Thank you girls so much for you kind words, thoughts, prayers, it really helps!  :hug:  :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Awww Kim....I had a hard time getting pregnant with my daughter and lots of things (healthwise and other) just seemed to crop up at that time....the last thing you need to do is stress about it. Easier said than done, I know! I know a little about ovarian cysts because I've had them myself. Luckily only the fluid type, which are apparently quite common, are usually hormone related and tend to clear up on their own. One of them appeared on the 20 week scan while I was pregnant! I was told it was absolutely nothing to worry about, although they can be uncomfortable.

Whatever the problem turns out to be, here's a big hug  :hug:  - try not to worry, get the relevant tests done and fingers, toes and everything else crossed that you'll be feeling tickety-boo again in no time...  bear_flower

PS There's no chance you could be pregnant already is there???? I had to ask!!!!!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Aww poor Kim,
You are going throught the roller.
HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON...

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Good Luck with everything Kimmy love, i will keep everything crossed for you and as soon as you are in the pudding club let us know and we'll all start knitting crocheting etc etc

Get better soon  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Penny  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kimmy, I was wondering where you were. :hug:   Sounds like your plate is so full right now.  I'm glad you feel you can vent here.  Anytime!  Take care and best of luck on your doc visit. :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh Kim! What a hard time you're having!

I wish i could be helpful...

i'd say you need to take some holidays but if you don't feel well, you may not manage to enjoy holidays! Arrrrg! So unfait all problems come along at the same time...

finger crossed you will manage to get your problem diagnosed properly and very soon so that something can be done to make you feel better!

In the meanwhile, i send you a mountain of hugs.

Take care,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: Please, keep us posted!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Kim,

My daughter finally got an accurate diagnosis only when she went to the emergency room and insisted on seeing a surgeon--before that we were at the mercy of GPs, interns and nurses, who took all the tests they could think of, but didn't seem to have the experience or knowledge or confidence to make an accurate diagnosis.

I hope you're all better soon! :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Kim, I've wondered where you were and if you were ok, thought you were probably just on holiday, being the season and all, but to hear you've been so poorly, awww hun!!   bear_cry  bear_sad    Hope you're feeling 100% + soon   :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kim ,I noticed you were missing too.  I'm sorry to hear about all the medical problems you are having.  It can be so frustrating when you feel like the doctors aren't really lsitening.  I hope they figure out the real problem soon so you can get "in the motherly way" .  Maybe this is just a test to see if you can handle the morning sickness  bear_whistle   No seriously, I hope you feel better soon.  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Kim, I am so terribly sorry   :hug:   I had many months of my illness not getting the proper diagnosis.  I was 16, and it was scary!

I know how you feel, stay strong and keep us updated.  Goodluck with getting pregnant - that's wonderful news!

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Kimmy, I am so sorry

Medicine is educated guessing. Your doc has tons of education but sometimes if he doesn't have enough info from the patient he takes a shot in the dark, ....it could be an ulcer......it could be a cyst.

So help yourself and your doctor by trying to keep a record-even a simple one, of what and when your symptoms happen.  Like cysts can hurt during, uh...  b045.gif  And if that happens your doc needs to know.

Sometimes they do things for cysts and sometimes not.  It depends on the size of the cyst, and the age of the woman, and the trying to get pregnant part....Have they done an ultrasound?

The over the counter ulcer medications are  what we used as Rx medications 10 years ago.  They are very good.  BUT if that doesn't fix it rest assured there are other medications to try. The newer medications have a different action....so they try the older ones first.

I hope you feel better soon, and most importantly I hope you get answers soon.  I know how frustrating and scarry it can be not knowing.  But the more information you can give your doc the better his guessing can be. a020.gif

Keep us posted honey!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear that you have not been well and hope that you can get some answers to why you
are feeling sick so you can find some relief from what is causing this.

Sending you my best wishes and hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

AAAaaawwww Kim Hope you get better real soon  bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Kimmy! I am so sorry hon you don't feel well. Gosh you need a big hug!! GROUP HUG EVERYONE!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Please take crae and keep in touch and don't worry all will turn out!!

Hugs Louise

Pages:

Board footer