Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi. Some of you know that as well as a bear artist, I am also an Elementary School Teacher. I choose to stay home and raise my children for their early years and just went back to teaching two years ago. 

The first year I substituted for Grades Primary through 7 and this past year I had a 20% job teaching grade 4 as well as Subbing almost every day.  Tomorrow , I have an interview at the school I work at to take the Grade 3 position for 06/07. I'm scared, nervous and excited.

I just turned 41 and may finally have my own class. This change will mean little or no bear making time for me  bear_sad  but I  need a steady income and a pension.  bear_tongue

All I am asking for is good vibes, happy thoughts and maybe a prayer or two said for me that I can make it through this interview and get the job. I believe in the power of prayer and will be saying prays to St. Jude for a good outcome.
Thanks for taking time in your busy summer days to read my post.

Big warm hugs to all, blessings,Shari.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: All sorts of positive vibes and happy thoughts coming your way Shari  :pray:  :hug:

bear_thumb  Best of luck!!!  bear_thumb

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

All the best, let us know how you go on. :pray:  :hug:  bear_thumb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Jolly Good Luck to you Shari, you will make a tremendous teacher and i bet the kids will love you.

It's a shame about the bearmaking as your bears are gorgeous (got any hanging around that you wanna send me huh?) but you gotta do what a girls gotta do.
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

BIG HUGS AND GOOD WISHES  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Penny  bear_thumb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls, I am very sad about the bear time that will be lost, I'm thinking of trying to make smaller bears but as of yet, I've never made one I was happy with or looked the way I wanted .
Penny said

It's a shame about the bearmaking as your bears are gorgeous (got any hanging around that you wanna send me huh?) but you gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Wish I did PenPen , I have two cut out but I've been busy preparing for Interviews but after Monday, maybe I'll get one more done before my early retirement  :crackup: 

Hugs!!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shari,
     I am sending good vibes and wishing you all the best!  I really hope you get the job.  It will make a big difference in your life, but it will be a good one.  Take care and let us know what happens.

hugs,

Brenda

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I send lots of positive vibes to you, shari!

I am sure your interview will go well and that you will get that job!
I have no doubt about it!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shari, I am excited for you about the intereview ,  but sad to think that it interefers with your gorgeuos bears.  I know that the teaching has to come first now, and I wish you all the best on your interview.  Don't be nervous, I'm sure you wuill do fine, just be yourself !  Sending lots of prayers for calm nerves for tomorrow.

Go get em !   :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Shari - that is so exciting - a class of your own!!!  Goodluck - good vibes being sent your way - and let us know the outcome.

Fingers crossed!!
Danni

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Wishing you only the very best....always.  bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Shari, we shall miss you terribly, but this would be a great thing for you....less worrying about the pay check kind of thing.  I hope and PRAY you do well and get your wish.  Sending lots of positive thoughts your way

n090.gif

PS I have a Teddy Friend in NZ and she teaches her students how to make teddies-2 of them won first place in the Adult division, even though they were still kiddikins!  So who Knows....you may not be putting away your needle and thread quite yet.....

c014.gif

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Shari,

Think of it this way...

bear_thumb I get the job...
bear_whistle I work hard for a few years...
bear_smile I earn enough money to retire...
bear_cool Then I can get back to bearmaking!

There will always be bearmakers here to welcome you back with open arms!

Saying lots of :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:
for you,
Sandi

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shari,
I keep crossing my fingers and toes !!!  bear_flower 
Goodluck !  :hug:   

hugs
Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shari, I wish you the best possible outcome with your interview!  I have no doubt that you will get the job, but we'll miss you bunches here on TT.  Try to check in from time to time and let us know how you're doing.  Big hugs!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Sending you lots of good wishes, Shari, and I hope you get the job!
Bear hugs, Edie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original All the best vibes, Shari--I know they're going to love you!  :hug:

Teaching is hard, hard, work, but once you settle into the job, I hope you'll have some time for us and the bears!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Awww Shari go girl ... :hug:
Im so pleased for you... Really good luck ... praying and wishing it all goes well for you :hug:
Nothing feels better in this world than to have some solid security.... bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Lanie x

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shari, just wondering how you think your interview went today   ? I hope it went well .    :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Shari, I wish you all the best and good luck!
...and that you still find time for making teddies! :dance:

Gaby bear_flower

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hi shari,
I'm sending tons of good wishes and good vibes your way!! :pray: Good luck, I hope you get the job but I will surely miss your lovely bears. bear_sad  Still, "You gotta do whatcha gotta do." I know you will be busy if you get your own class, but I hope you can still pop in here from time to time and let us know how things are going. Maybe you can squeeze in bear now and then on the weekends and summer vacation?
Best of luck to you! :hug:  :hug:

Deb Upstate New York

It's already "tomorrow".  How did it go?  Pension = good, that's for sure.   bear_ermm

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Well, I went for my interview , I was a wreck! There were 144 applicants and I was one of 6 chosen for the interview.I interviewed for both a grade 3 and 5 position. I studies my guides and curriculum all weekend. When you arrive, you have ten minutes to look at the questions they will ask and think of a response. I wrote my answer points out as fast as I could and tried to fit everything in. I was trying so hard to answer all the relevant info that I thought of lots more I should have said afterwards. I didn't have time to express how very much I want the job there or to say I really want the grade three job as the grade 5 is for one year only.
I did my best and can only trust in God and what my path in life will be. There may have been more experienced , more qualified people than I am and the other teacher that has a job share at my school also was interviewed so she may get the position over me as she has been there longer.
Anyway, I should know on Wednesday and I will post the happy/sad results then. Keep sending good vibes and the power of prayer.big hugs for all your vibes, prayers and support  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! If this is where God wants you to be it will come through and if not, He must have something better in mind!

Big hugs and prayers!   :hug:  :pray:

Celena Oxford

Best wishes for you Shari, loads of of it...and all the positive vibes channel to YOU now  bear_wub

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wishing you all the very best Shari and positive vibes!! ... for your life change.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Board footer