Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

ok this is really not a challenge,   bear_original  Just thought this would be fun and a change to share what we all love so much - our animals and everyone else’s. I have always love it when my animals make me laugh, so this is simple challenge. Post a picture of one your animals or if you don't have any. Try to get a picture of friends - families pet. Then find a joke that fits the picture or just simply make one up, I am not that good so I got mine off the internet.

hugs all  :hug:
kassie

here mine. This Marshel my bear-eyed cockatoo.

marshel1b.jpg
this one is not so clear - he would not stand still for me.  bear_grin

marshel5.jpg

my joke choice

Don't Mess with the Cockatoo
One Late Evening, a burglar broke into a house he thought was empty. Tiptoeing through the living room he suddenly froze when he heard a loud voice say: "Jesus is watching you!"
Silence returned to the house, so the burglar crept forward again
"Jesus is watching you," the voice boomed again.
The burglar stopped dead again. He was frightened. Frantically, he looked all around. In a dark corner, he spotted a bird cage and in the cage was a cockatoo.
He asked the cockatoo: "Was that you who said Jesus is watching me?"
"Yes", said the cockatoo.
The burglar breathed a sigh of relief, and asked the cockatoo, "What's your name?"
"Clarence," said the bird.
"That's a dumb name for a cockatoo," sneered the burglar. "What idiot named you Clarence?"
The cockatoo said, "Same idiot who named the Rottweiller Jesus."
bear_grin

marshel3.jpg

and now just some information on Marshel's breed

Bare Eyed Cockatoo. Called the Bare-eyed or Little Corella in their native Australia.

He will live for over 40-60 years and up.  There have been some reported cases of cockatoos living to be over 100, but most of these are unsubstantiated. Marshel is five years old. Yes he will out live me, so I have it set up to past him to one of my Grandchildren.

Species:  There are 17 species of cockatoos, most of which are in the genus Cacatua.Most are colored mainly in white, but others come in grays and pinks, blacks, and in the Palm's case, deep blue.
Size:  Ranging from the Goffin's, at about 12"-13", to the huge Goliath Palm cockatoo, at 27" long.
Diet:  Cockatoos are not usually picky eaters, although there are more than enough exceptions.  A varied diet based on pellets is best.  The larger sized pellets are usually prefered; even Goffin's often will eat macaw-sized chunks.  Fruits, veggies, and pretty much everything else should be added to the diet daily.

Grooming:  Most cockatoos LOVE baths... Spray-baths being the usual preferred method.  The spray bottle should be set so it sprays a fine mist; start out by spraying *over* the bird, so the mist falls down like rain, but many 'toos will want you to spray directly on them after a while.  Cockatoo bathing usually involves much positioning and posing so that the water falls on every area of the body.  Most will want you to spray and spray until they're absolutely soaking wet, and this is fine (well, your hand my not be fine after all that spraying, but otherwise!).

Personality:  Cockatoos are well-known for their personalities, which can pretty much be summed up in one word - "Cuddly"!  They love to be held and loved and touched all over.  They'll sit for hours cuddling next to you while you just scratch away.  They're very loving, affectionate birds.  They're also very playful, and destructive.  A well-raised cockatoo is an absolute doll; a hog for attention, a socialite (cockatoos are not usually one-person birds), and just a pleasure to have around.  On the other hand, a badly-raised in the wrong hands is a nightmare!  Make sure you know what you're getting into before you bring that utra-cuddly, perfectly sweet bird home!

Noise Leval:  Cockatoos are LOUD.  In fact, they are arguably the loudest of the parrots.  Cockatoos WILL scream - don't think you can train them out of it.  Cockatoos love screaming and will scream for the sheer joy of screaming, usually in periods once or twice a day (usually morning and evening) Many people who have come to my home will ask about the werid alarm I have. I will tell them that is my bird Marshel.  bear_grin He is a geat guard dog "birdie"  bear_original

Talking Ability:  Cockatoos aren't top talkers.  Most individuals say a few words, but many do not.  A few become very good.  Their voices don't have the tone and quality of an African grey's or Amazon's, but they're usually understandable enough. Marshel has about 50 words in his Vocabulary at this time.

Stellajella Wien

Kassie, thank you!
Great joke! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
And Marshel is so cute! bear_wub  Looks like he loves to pose for the cam!

Gaby bear_flower

Oregon

opps reload your page if you just looked - made an error on cockatoo -  bear_wacko

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Hello! from Karen and the cats,
I don't know if this will come through? But it's really funny, one of my collectors sent it to me. If this doesn't work you can use the name address  bear_original
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/anima … ssagesDog/
Actually, it's a site called Stupid Videos and the video is Cat Massages Dog. That's all you need to get to it.
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Oregon

Hi Gaby - you are very welcome.  bear_original

Looks like he loves to pose for the cam!

ya he loves all the attention.  bear_grin  He is very sweet and a wonderful friend to have around.  bear_original

Hi Karen - thank you so much that was so funny.   :crackup:  :crackup:

hugs kassie

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kassie,
    Marshel is beautiful and I loved the Joke.  Karen, the massaging cat video is cute and I also watched the cat in the bottle video - it's amazing!  I found this video on the net the other day and I think it's hilarious - hope you enjoy it!

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.htm … ID=2056841

hugs,

Brenda

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

copy1.jpgcopy2-.jpgcopy3.jpgcopy4.jpgcopy5.jpgokay, I"ve shared these pics lots before, but they are just soo funny!

I was trying to take a picture of this panda, but my cat thought he would be the focus of my attention. Thought just the pics alone could be the joke.

Here they are in order, stupid cat!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Heather!
What a wonderful cat! He looks like an "Old Soul". What a love!
Karen

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

fraytv5.jpgfray-tv2.jpgThis is my big boy Frasier. First photo is him watching TV, that's his spot up there.  The second photo I imagine him saying "Yo! did I say you could cancel my Starz Movie Channel?!!"

He came to me in a funny way.  I went to my doctor for allergy meds and one of the nurses had a box of kittens in the back office.  That's all it took! Went in for itchy watery eyes...came out with a cat in a cardboard prescription box!  I only wish I had grabbed one of his brothers too.  He's my big fluff...he speaks on command, which is kind of funny to see  bear_grin

~Chrissi

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I can't think of a single animal joke at the moment. Geez, I used to be full of jokes. they say the memory is the second thing to go...

I love the animal pictures and joke though.

Heather I'm always happy to see one of your bears and your regal kitty. I love that series of pictures too, it really shows the essence of cat attitude! bear_cool   bear_original   

Kassie, what a beautiful bird Marshel is. Thanks for sharing the info about cockatoos. It's sounds like they make wonderful pet companions. I've watched shows about parrots and if they don't have companionship and a certain amount of nurturing attention they can actually develope mental/social problems just like people. Are cockatoos like that too? They sound very social.   bear_flower bear_thumb

Celena Oxford

fifi.jpg

This is my cat, Fifi  bear_original   And this was the look she gave me for not giving her cheese  :crackup:

FiFi.jpg

And this was Fifi AFTER her cheese feed by my brother...it was taken last year I think...apologies for my "obscene" cat  bear_happy

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Kassie, It was wonderful to see your beautiful Cockatoo.  They are one of my favourite birds.  Here in Australia, you get enormous flocks of hundreds of them in the wild, and the squawking sound they all make together is just deafening.  They are just so wonderful to watch together, and if you are out in the bush, they never fail to give you a tremendous show.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

sleepy.jpg
He's been busy all day, now it's time for slumber!
:hug:
Sandi

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Brindle-and-Abby-1.jpgPixie-and-Huxley.jpgThink I've posted these pics before, but my kitties seem to want to hog the action when I'm taking photos of my creations.  Pixie the Russian Blue with Huxley Hare and Brindle the calico with Abby Bear.  Is this my best side?

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

ZiggyBubba001.jpg

These are my 2 cats. Ziggie Doodle ( a Bengal , on the right) and his brother Bubba Doodle ( a Main Coon ). Ziggy is always in every thing and Bubba is always running the other way !! :crackup:

Jodi Falk

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jodi, your cats are gorgeous!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I think they are ALL lovely!!! The joke was a cracker. will have to remember that onehehehe
Wendy bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

No pics but I do have a joke,
Q: Where do you find a tortoise with no legs?

A: exactly where you left him. bear_grin
Wendy bear_thumb

Board footer