Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Deb Upstate New York

for my hubby's 50th surprise birthday celebration.  I'm whisking him away to NYC for a weekend for dinner and a show.  Our kids are going, and his sister and her husband, and my hubby's college roommate and his wife.  Eight in all.

Dinner and hotel were easy, but oh my ... choosing a show that you think 8 people will enjoy is a little stressful.  For every show I looked at there are both good and bad reviews, by viewers and critics alike.  So I just flipped a coin in the end.

Dinner - http://www.tonysdinapoli.com/
Show - http://www.martinshortthemusical.com/
Hotel - http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/ … cn=EWRWTDT

Jersey people ... I've never done this before (taken the subway from Jersey City to Manhattan) ... but I understand it's very easy and inexpensive.  Hotels in Manhattan were at LEAST twice the price of the rooms I got, and since I was paying for four, I went for this option.  Any experience with this?  We also have one member who will have recently had foot surgery and will have a wheel chair.  I'm not too nervous about it ... I hear that more subway stations all the time are adding elevators and wheelchair accessability.

So glad that planning is done!  Now all I have to do is pack and go!

Can't wait. 

bear_wub  NY

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Deb,

What a wonderful surprise!  I hope everyone has a grand time, especially your hubby!

c035.gif

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Deb.
What  a wonderful "B" day celebration!!
:cake:  I can't help about the information you need but, I am sure that they do have easy acess that people with disabilities can use, They are everywhere these days and belive me I am very happy about it! Some times I have to use a wheelchair.
Have lots of fun and tell us all about it.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My goodness, Deb . . . your plans sound waaaaay fun - wow, can you plan a good party!  Everyone have a blast!

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

New York...oh I love New York!  You and your hubby have a fantastic time!!!! :dance:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Have fun, you all!

Please, take some pictures to show us when you're back!

You had such a great idea, Deb!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

What a great birthday gift !!!!
Please have a wonderful time at New York!!!!
bear_flower

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

So much fun! I don't know anything about the subway system......the last time I was in NYC, we did take the subway, but we were right in Manhattan.

I kidnapped my hubby a few years ago for his birthday, but we went the opposite direction! I rented a cottage in the Adirondacks and we spent a quiet weekend away from it all hiking and enjoying the outdoors. He would not be impressed with a NYC trip with shows........

Enjoy the celebration!
pandamac

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

What a lovely surprise for your Hubby Deb. I'm sure all will have a lovely time. And if they dont, then take me next time.  :hug:  :hug:   bear_grin
Wendy bear_thumb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :bday: Wow!  What a birthday surprise extrodinaire!!!!  :bday:   You're all bound to have FUN!!!  :bday:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wow Deb,

What a lovely time you are going to have to celebrate your  husband's birthday - in New York! bear_wub

I hope that you all have a fantastic time.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer