Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

ttFlowers10-2.jpgttFlowers9-2.jpgttflowers42.jpgttFlowers6-2.jpgttFlowers8-2.jpgttFlowers7-2.jpgttFlowers5-2.jpgttFlowers3-2.jpgttFlowers1-2.jpghousesold1.jpgCan anyone guess?    A 'SOLD' SIGN ON MY HOUSE!!!!!!  We finally sold it - it took much longer that we thought it would, but the market is really soft this year.   We ended up getting a bit less than we hoped, but the houses in the area near Toronto we are looking at have come down even more - almost $15,000.00 in three months since we looked in March,  so we should be able to make it up on the buying end.  We lost the house we had the conditional offer on, but circumstances have changed so it's actually a good thing!  Funny how things have a way of working out!

I willl miss my garden and our back property, which is lovely, but after all the mosquito and deer fly bites I got yesterday, I'm not going to miss it as much as I thought. LOL!   I took some last pictures of my garden and back yard - thought I'd post them for you.

Renae, the yellow ones that look like roses are actually a "double" hollyhock - thought you might like to see them.  I also took a picture of the berry bushes we planted for the birds - they are unbelievable this year!   Boy, I was going to finish a bear tonight but I can't get anything done - I'm too excited!

hugs,

Brenda

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

:dance: CONGRATULATIONS BRENDA!!  :dance:

The flowers are lovely, and they will be at your new home too  bear_flower

~Chrissi

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

YAY!!! Cogratulations Brenda!!!  Loooove all those flowers! I've got a black thumb, myself.....  bear_sad  lol

Kimberly W.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Congratulations Brenda!! 

The flower is beautiful !! I admire your garden work.  bear_flower

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Brenda, I am very happy for you!!
Your flower pics look like you could submit them to a gardening magazine!! Beautiful work bear_flower   bear_thumb

Thanks for all the congrats - can you hear me jumping up and down still LOL!  I guess I forgot to say we only have 3 1/2 weeks to find another house  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  - we have to be out by August 11th  LOL!  I have already found a house I just love, and I'm hoping that because we can buy outright with no "conditions" that we can dangle the carrot and convince them to move out as quicly as we did, because things are so slow this year.  Wish us luck!
    Roxanne, thanks so much for the lovely comments on my flower pictures.  I really do love photography and one of the things I want to do after we move is take a photoshop course and learn to do more with pictures.  Take care and bye for now.

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Huge congrats, Brenda . . . soooo great that you sold your house!  Hope you are able to buy the one you want and plant an even more beautiful garden.  The one you have now will be hard to beat, though . . . gorgeous!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is wonderful news, Brenda, congratulations! I hope that you get house that you are looking at and can move in quickly. Your flower pictures are gorgeous!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Congratulations, Brenda! you will be so relieved to have it sold finally! Hope you get the house you want and everything goes smoothly on the move.
Bear hugs, Edie
P.S. Fabulous flower pictures!

Renae,
    You have no idea how much of a relief it is!  I have enjoyed being on my own but I'm really ready to move on.  It will take some adjustment with having to cook every night again, but it's probably much healthier for me, as I tend to eat sandwiches instead of cooking.  I used to do a lot of frozen things and even that has become an effort in the summer heat.  To be honest, as much as I love my garden, it's a relief to be starting over.  I didn't know much about gardening when I started.  I have some plants that are just too prolific and would never plant again.  Now I know which ones to pick and which ones to stay away from.  Like my sea holly (looks like blue thistle in the pictures)  I loooove it, but man, I've been pulling it out of my grass for the past two years.  I think my whole lawn could be sea holly very quickly.  I will take one with me, but will plant it in a pot on a deck, not near the ground.  and keep some seeds for a pot next year.  I will never buy cultivated violets or chinese lanterns again and even my strawberry patch is invading my lawn.  I will be much more careful next time AND I will never have so many beds.  I have 6 beds and I'm getting two arthritic to keep it up.  I also want raised flower beds so the weeds won't be so bad to deal with.  I don't want much do I!  :crackup:  :crackup:   

I'm going to take some plants with me.  I have trilliiums and jack-in-the-pulpits that are buried under the berry bushes - I know the lady that bought the house has never even seen them,  so I'll take just a few.  I'm also going to take some seeds from the double hollyhocks.  I'll plant them in the fall.  Can you tell I'm getting excited LOL.  Since the whole evening has been a totall waste for me, I think I'm heading to bed.  I'm off to Deb Burnham's tomorrow to play in her mohair closet and talk to her horses.  I will definitely miss her.

hugs,

Brenda

Thanks Edie!  I was going to email you - do you remember Yvette Helwig (used to be Yvette and Mario, now minus the Mario LOL)  She is with a really nice fellow named John, and they just had their first baby, a girl named Presley Cate Macdonald.  The baby is absolutely gorgeous.  We've managed to stay in touch and hope to see more of them when we get to the new house. 

hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations on selling your house Brenda - very exciting and what a lovely garden you had.

Best of luck for finding the house of your dreams and hope that everything goes smoothly for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Congrats!!!!! Exciting isnt it? hahahahah
Love the garden. I'm a big sucker for flowering plants!!!
Wendy bear_thumb

Renae,
     I've been in bed for an hour and now I'm back up - can't sleep at all.  I love  hawthorne bushes/trees.    We have several in the back property.  It does have really long thorns though.  Those chinese lanterns are not only prolific underground rooters, the are hardy little suckers.  I have had them survive in a pot through an entire Canadian wiinter.  I will get some for a large pot  as I think they are really pretty - I just don't want a hedge of them LOL.
     Deb is picking me up at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow and I'm not technically babysitting, but I will be doing tea and just hanging out.  I am so ready for it, it's not funny.  She lives in the country, about 45 minutes from me.  We are alraady planning PJ parties, so she and my niece can come down and crash for a weekend in the new place.    Anyway, I took a calcium/magnesium a bit ago, and I hope I can finally get some sleep, or I'll won't be able to get into much mischief tomorrow *grin*!  I danced around all evening and once I got to bed, my ADD kicked in and all I could think of is how much I have to do before we move! LOL.  Night night!

hugs,

Brenda

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Congrats, Brenda.

You pics of your flower are just beautiful and I love them!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Congratulations Brenda, what wonderfull news.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Loved the pictures of your garden, I just don't know how you will part with it  bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh  :dance: Congratulations, Brenda! :dance:  bear_laugh

What a relief--no wonder you can't sleep!

Your garden is breathtaking. I know what you mean by invaders . . . turn your back and they're following you into the house. Fortunately, my 3 dogs keep everything under control!

Don't forget to call when you have a chance to visit Tranna!!!

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

:clap:  :clap:  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry I'm trying to be a big girl!!! bear_cry but I don't like that sold sign. I'm really happy for you Brenda just sad for me, loosing my bear buddy ain't gonna be easy.
Hugs Deb at least we have today hmmmmm been up all night have ya this is gonna be a hoot.
PS love your pictures

Board footer