Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Deb Upstate New York

My sister sent this to me this morning.  I thought you'd enjoy!

A woman brought a very limp duck into the vet surgeon.  As she laid her pet on the table the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.  After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm sorry your duck, Cuddles, has passed away."

The distressed owner wailed "Are you sure"?

"Yes, I am sure; the duck is dead," he replied.

"How can you be so sure"? she protested.  "I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything.   He might just be in a coma or something". 

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room, and returned a few moments later with a black Labrador Retriever.  As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom.   He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the dog and took it out, and returned a few moments later with a cat.  The cat jumped up onto the table and also sniffed delicately at the bird from head to foot.  The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."

Then the vet turned to his computer, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman.

The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill "$150", she cried.  "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead"?

The vet shrugged.  "I'm sorry.  If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the lab report and cat scan, it's now $150."

Hehehe!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex
shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yep, that just about sums in up...  :crackup:   :crackup:

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

:crackup:  :crackup:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Cute, Deb! I didn't see that one coming!
Bear hugs, Edie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: WooHoo!--Great One, Deb :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

I have been to one of those vets toooooo!!!!  Seems that a trip to the vet is more costly than when I go to the doctor.  Ugh!

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Last summer, my cat got sick on a Sunday. The pet emergency center told me it would be $1,500 to try to keep him alive 'til my vet could see him on Monday -- and they couldn't guarantee he'd live! The cat passed away before I could do much more than gape at the emergency doctor -- and even that cost $350. I love my pets, but the experience was definitely an argument in favor of "Nintendogs"!

PS: The other side of the story: In December, we brought home (for free) two kittens whose mothers were rescued from Mississippi after the hurricane -- by our vet.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

LAB REPORT !!! CAT SCAN !!!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:    That quacks me up !!!!

But how true, vet bills seem to sore. They know they have your heart in their hands !!   Good Health to our pets !!!!

Jodi Falk
2tonebrown029.jpg

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I just loved that Vet story, it was great.  So funny.

Board footer