Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

BearBodies.jpgI think I have officially lost my mind   bear_whistle   My daughter is having her 10th birthday party tonight and I have 8 girls  for a sleepover.    My daughter really wanted to have a party at Build-A-Bear, but it just wasn't in the budget ( that place is soooooooo overpriced).  Besides , I thought, hummm we could make our own bears right here.  What was I thinking  bear_tongue   I've spent the past 2 days cutting out and sewing bear bodies from faux fur from my stash.   They are only 4 piece and not jointed thankfully.   It drives me crazy that these skills are no longer taught in school. 

I thought I'd post a before picture and then an after picture if I survive  :crackup:   I'm going to let the girls chose and install the safety eyes, stuff and sew them closed.  I made fabric tush tags that they can sign.  I think I'll let them print out birth certificates too.  Then they can snuggle their new bears all night.   

Actually, I think the girls will have a lot of fun and my daughter is so excited.  Wish me luck !  bear_wacko

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Great idea Tammy!  You are a wonderful Mom!!!!   :clap:

Hugs
Cindy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Crazy is more like it !!  :doh:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Wow Tammy, that is AWESOME!  You did a great job!  If those girls don't just go nuts over those, then they're  bear_wacko !  Just think, now they're going to get to go home with their very own artist bear that they got to have a part in making too! :clap:

Kimberly W.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow Tammy, great idea and such a lot of work for you , your daughter and friends will remember this with such love for a long time  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub
Can't wait to hear how they loved it and see the "after" pictures  :hug:   :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You are soo cool!

That is going to be an awesome bday party!
They look really good, better than build a bear.

Can't wait to see that after pics

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Wow, you did an awesome job, Tammy!!  And this is one of those things your daughter will look back on so fondly.  You could have just done the Mall bound build a bear like every other party, but you took the time, patience and love to make it more special for your daughter...it will mean so much more to her, esp when she's older  bear_wub   
~Chrissi

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

ooh, what a FAB idea. Can I come to the party and bring home my own Build-a-bear Tammy style??!!!  bear_grin  bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Tammy.... they are going to LOVE making their bears!!!!
Watch out... you'll be doing Bear Birthday Parties for all of your daughter's friends when their mom's get wind of this!!!

I've done 2 children's birthday parties in similar fashion and the kids were all so cute. One party had 2 boys who thought they were too macho for such things until they got working on their very own bear, then you should have seen them talking to the bears and coming up with names and not letting the girls touch them! Too funny!

You all are going to have such a wonderful time! Can't wait to see the 'after' photo now!!!

:bday:  :hug:  :bday:
Daphne

Deb Upstate New York

Tammy ~

Totally awesome!  What a great Mom.  Make sure we get to see pics!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh MY Tammy!  After I got past the crazy amount of work that must have been for you... I do know that the girls are just absolutely going to LOVE this!  Oh you sweet Mommy you!   bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

you ARE the coolest mom ever.

bear_cry somethin in my eye...

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Tammy, oh sweet mom you are!

I cannot beleive you managed to prepare 8 bears in 2 days!!!!! Even not jointed bears!!!  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

That's really a wonderful idea you got and there is no doubt this birthday party will keep in everybody's mind for ever.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Those lucky, lucky girls--they're going to have a ball!! Great idea, Tammy bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You are one fantastic mom, Tammy . . . what a super idea for the party!!  Oh yes, please, "after" photos of the finished bears - that will be so awesome!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

sarahjane Brisbane

Tammy that is fantastic...those girls are going to have such a great time!!!    :photo:  :photo:  please!!!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Tammy,
You win the mom of the year award! Your bear party is going to be the talk of the town. Wish I could come. :bday:  :bday:  :cake:  :cake:  :bday:  :bday: Hope she has a very lovely birthday!
  Bear hugs,
JeannieB bear_original

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Ooh, ooh, I got DIBS on that bear in the upper righthand corner!   bear_laugh   It looks sooooo much like my bone muskrat bear  bear_happy

These kids are gonna LOVE making their very own Build-A-Bear Tammy style  bear_wub   this will certainly be a birthday, and a party to remember  :bday:

You'll have to see if you can get some 'after' pics to share with us  :photo:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

What an awesome mom you are!!!!   Will you do MY next birthday party...heck with the kids!!!   My last birthday party involved tequila in Mazatlan Mexico and a really cute waiter who made me dance with him and then dipped me and a big ol' kiss right on the lips...I WAS MARRIED for pity sake and with my MOTHER-IN-LAW who found it absolutely hysterical.  Build-A-Bear Tammy Style sounds much safer.  HA HA HA HA

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

That is SO cool!!!!!!!!  I love the idea - you are a wonderful Mum, and this is going to be something that they will remember always - especially your daughter!!

Danni

chris009av Real Deal Bears

what a wonderfull idea  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
they will have soooo much fun  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
you cleaver girl  bear_grin

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Tammy, you should be so proud of yourself.  Your daughter will always remember this party and how much trouble you have gone to to make it special.  You will probably be encouraging several new bearmakers of the future by getting them involved at this stage.  Hope it all goes well and that you have some beautiful memories, and photographs to share.

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow, that is an inspired idea. Besides... it would be an insult to go to build-a-bear when you are such a beautiful bear maker!
I know it was a lot of work but I bet your daughter will be so proud to have all her friends over to make those bears.
Aerianna

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, Tammy, that is such a neat idea and the bears look fabulous - can't wait to see them finished. Those girls are never going to forget this! Good on you!!!!
bear hugs, Edie

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Tammy your a cool Mum, well done, hope the girls enjoy it.  Thanks a fantastic idea.  :clap:

Board footer