Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

HI EVERY ONE.

I`ve only been a member here for a few days but thought i`d ask a question to try and get to know every one a little better.

DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE YOU ARE BEAR MAKING??

I can never work in silence, i always have the radio sooooo loud that sometimes i can miss the phone ringing or the postman knocking.I even sometimes find myself dancing around the house with a bears head in one hand and some mohair in the other.

so are you a rock chick like me, do you prefer a bit of classical or just peace and quiet.

lots of  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: to everyone!!!!

love chloe.xx

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Chloe!
I've been checking out your bears...like your styling, love the colors and the names are really cute.

The cd player on my studio stereo broke a year ago and I've been to lazy to get a new one!  Music I'll listen to if I steal my husbands portable cd player....I like soundtracks, just because they give a lot of different artists.  I'm wearing out the Garden State soundtrack right now.
Mostly I play movies. I have a tv in my studio that doesn't get cable, just plays dvd's and gets one local channel with old "rabbit ears antenna".  I have huge collection of movies that I'll pop in.  I don't have to watch them, I've got most of them in memory at this point. They just give me a 2-3 hour window of humor.  Collection ranges from The Graduate to The Goonies.  I add to the collection about once a month.
Little known fact...most of my bears are named from my movies.  Whatever's playing while I'm making the face...I pick a name from the movie. bear_original

~Chrissi  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I like this subject, too, and started a thread on it last year.  Check out http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=816 for three pages of reading!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow, it was that long ago, wasn't it, Sue Ann??? Time flies!!!

I have been in a mode of silence while I work..... with the exception of two snoring doggies at my feet... a very sweet sound!!

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Oh absolutely have to have music on!  :dance: Listening to James Blunt as I type.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I'm listening right now :dance:  I have just been working on my website. I always listen to ITunes/Radio/Old Time mystery radio shows. Most are from the 1930's and 1940's. They're so much Fun when I have to do dry website code. I only listen when I'm doing this work, it's my reward and lures me back to my web work  :crackup:
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Yeah Roxanne,
James Blunt you just got to love that boy bear_wub
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Dilu Posts: 8,574

The hubby and I are suffering through Papa Hayden right now, but I am hoping for more Chopin.  We like to play "name that tune"

One point for composer and 2 for the actual piece.

The gollies and I have differing ideas on what makes good listening....they want
"The Itsy Bitsy Spider" or the "Wheels On The Bus Go Round"  But really how many times can one listen to these? a108.gif

I have to be careful what part of the golly process I listen to what. For instance
"Danse Macabre" is great for stuffing but bad news for doing faces! g130.gif

"Night on Bald Mountain" doesn't work well if I am trimming mohair on top of a golly head... p020.gif

I should have listened to "Mozart's Requiem"  when I had the bad experience with Pigmonkeybear...... d020.gif

and the gollys love "The Magic Flute".....but then I am hearing it for the rest of the day....you know the part where the Soprano goes " o  ha ha ha ha ha......"  and a good soprano is quite pleasant, but get two or three gollies doing it......in differing keys....at the same time...... a045.gif

p070.gif and my hubby wonders why I am stressed?!?!? s010.gif

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Nope...can't stand it...we have music all day at work and it drives me mad...so now I have silence while I sew...except for the birds!

That isn't to say that I dislike music...on the contrary..

I do sometimes have old films on the telly if I am stuffing or doing something not requiring my full and undivided attention.

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

I listen mainly to rock/heavy metal. I usually sit and sing along whilst I'm sewing.  bear_tongue
At the minute I'm listening to Nightwish.  bear_whistle

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Always have music on.  Listening to a new artist now 'Paolo Nutini' ... he's fabulous!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Opera or musicals or Beatles these days, turned up so I can hear over the noise of 3 fans and a dehumidifier.

Dilu, the image of the Gollies warbling The Queen of the Night is pure

GOLD

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

If I need to refresh my memory before a student arrives, Audiobooks--they keep the hands free for sewing, and the BBC Shakespeare is outstanding.

I wish I could find one of "Death of a Salesman" bear_cry

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Thanks every one this is great, i only asked because music has played a really big part in my life.
when i was a child i was brought up listening to Queen, the rolling stones, and things like black sabboth.I love all music from rock (foo fighters , black crowes) to opera (love maria callas) 70`s punk , love the buzzcocks, the stiff little fingers and the clash.really love jazz ,Ella fitzgerald ,fats waller etc.i like james blunt too, try checking out the gary jules album "trading snakeoil for wolf tickets" its very simular (dare i say it,i think a little better bear_thumb )
i,ll have to try paolo nutini i`ve heard him on the radio and like it!!!
ANYWAY i could go on all day, thanks every one  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hummmm...
It depends on my mood.
I quite enjoy sewing while watching TV, but it is a bit insane to stay watching TV the whole afternoon, so I do it only sometimes.
I sometines listen to some music CDs or music I stored into my computer.
And when i think about it I just put the radio on.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I don't really listen to music while bear-making. Because I am limited to doing it mostly in the evenings, I like to enjoy the peace and quiet away from the boys!!! My other half sometimes has the telly on the background, but most of the time I wouldn't have a clue what he's watching.....I get engrossed with the stitching!!!

I do love to listen to music while doing housework though. The boys seem to love it too. I REALLY love the Jack Johnson album at the moment....the neighbours must get VERY frustrated with me as I like it to be loud. I also love to listen to The Beatles.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I never sit still long enough to enjoy music while I work on the computer, but I love the birds singing in the background. Except for those pesky Cockatoo's that have decided to eat my house.   bear_wacko
I watch the TV while I am sewing if it's on already.  bear_whistle
But I rearly turn it on, I just get caught up with what I am doing and forget about it.  Same with changing channels, never do that, I just watch whats on and if it gets too gorry I just go in the other room and do some work on the computer.  bear_original

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I like to work in peace and quiet when bear making especially when trying to concentrate on noses etc.I find the children make enough noise and I need to keep my wits about me as between my youngest child and thieving cats I have to watch pins, ears, scissors etc don't disappear.I spent more time yesterday putting everything back in my sewing box thanks to my youngest that I hardly done any sewing :doh:
Laurie :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I generally listen to a broad range of music while I work, but this summer, by oldest (13) is heavy into his electric bass... so I've been listening a WHOLE LOT to him!  Which means that I am hearing a lot of Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Hendryx, and a lot of bluesy 70's heavy metal/classic rock!!!  Here's my "little guy" on stage at a recent concert in Kent, Ohio.... and with his band.

171281809.jpg

171281653.jpg

He's REALLY good!  the funny thing... he thinks that stuff is HIS music!  I've told him time and time again that many of those songs were out when I was in diapers!   bear_innocent  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Deb Upstate New York

Depends.  Sometimes I prefer silence.  Sometimes I crank it up. 

Went to a STYX concert last weekend, which has prompted me to look for a couple of my favorite albums on CD.  My copies are of the cassette variety and are dusty!
:redface:

Hugs,

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Silence is Golden  bear_tongue  (don't ya just love all those frankie vallie songs lol) But, yep, love peace and quiet!

Kim you must be soooo proud!!  13!!  wowzers!!  :clap:  :clap:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Firstly welcome to TT Chloe.  bear_original

Great topic, if its not Music its the TV while I work.  70's was a great era for music, I am remember all those bands too.  :clap:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I'm with the silence crowd....have to be able to hear the clock ticking on the wall!! bear_happy

Kim....I have proud mummy syndrome too! Anna is almost 13 and started learning tenor sax just this year and she is blitzing it. She has a real talent and has gone from Mary had a little Lamb (over...and over...and over.. bear_wacko ) to "Rock around the Clock' and "Crazy Cat" and performing with the school band. She just LOVES it which I think is half the battle of learning something new...she practices for ages each night. :rose:

Dliu..you crack me up with your golly antics. I can really picture them doing all those things! Eerie! bear_ermm

Dilu Posts: 8,574

That's because they do.....

...........don't they? e052.gif

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Well......I'm usually listening to two boys either fighting and screaming or playing and screaming.  :crackup:  :crackup: Really, that's no joke.......at least until school starts (Aug 23 is the day!! :dance:  :dance: ).  Ahhhh, peace and quiet and a chance to listen to actual music while I work!

bear_wub &  :hug:
Tracy

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Chloe!!!

I have been away from TT for a bit because I've just been too busy this summer to hop on the computer much.... but I am so glad I had a chance to this morning... I LOVE your bears and your website is great!!  It is very whimsical bear_original 

OK... as for music... yes!  Depends on my mood.  Lately we have been going to the Bristol Renaissance Faire... and I love the music there - particularly the harp music.  So I bought a couple of CD's and listen to harp music while I sew.

I also love listening to the Harry Potter DVD's!  I pop it into the player to listen to the movie.... but I leave the picture off so I don't get distracted  :crackup:

Board footer