Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Haley,
  That's SO great about Anna and the sax!  Fabulous!  Yes... you just have to keep letting them try new things until they find something that they love so much that practicing is ALL they wanna do!  Oh, it can be such torture when they don't really have their hearts in it!  My son did trumpet before, and it wasn't where his heart lies, and it was like pulling teeth!  Both the sound FROM the trumpet as well as forcing him to practice!   bear_wacko   Tenor sax is so versatile too... so many styles of mucic you can do....oh that's GREAT! 

Tracy... I hear ya!  I'm in school countdown mode here too!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Well, I listen to music all day at work so ..... when I set and sew I either have quiet or the tv going. I am sure music would be nice .... but .... some times silence is golden !!

Jodi Falk

i070.gif

mwaggs2 Quilts-N-Critters
Middletown, Ohio
Website

Yep Reba, Allen and George and I make Bears together.  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I'm firmly convinced you can never go wrong with Sting playing  bear_thumb   Out of all my music, his is my fav....  But I do travel round to Pink Floyd, Enya, and various artists from the 80s and 70s...mostly 80s music since I was a teen (eek) back then.   bear_tongue   

I also love the music from the 50s and 60s since my parents were constantly playing the LPs ....can POP along with "Lollipop", but I have to put down my sewing to do the "Twist" or "Mash Potato"  bear_laugh   The Beatles  bear_thumb   Not much of a heavy metal fan on my own, but know a lot of the tunes from hearing it through the wall via my brother growing up.   Ya gotta love Black Sabbath and Metallica for pure headbanging  bear_thumb  But I can rarely listen to it while sewing teds.  I've a feeling my music influences them as they are being 'born' and I don't want any  :twisted:  teds out there..  bear_laugh

I also adore instrumentals when I'm in a non 'talking' mode.  Then my hammered dulcimer cds come out, along with Enya's done by a symphony.  I love the classicals as well, Mozart, Bach, Chopin, but sometimes I find it frustrating as they do the whole 'quiet', then loud range....Okay for the concert hall...downright annoying as I crank up the volume because I can't hear  bear_angry   and then get blasted with the fortisimo   bear_shocked

Welcome to TT Chloe  :hug:

Board footer