Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm doing the sharing this time of this months Bear Creations :lol:
In the last post we agreed to let eveyone see their issues first to not ruin the surprise, so that being done, here goes! 

Firstly we have Hayley's project bear Leilani.  Isn't she gorgeous!!!  I think she is so cute in her hula outfit!  This is Hayley's debut feature and I am so excited and happy for you Hayley!  :dance:   You have done such a fabulous job :clap: 
I think Leilani looks like shes ready to go on vacation with you  bear_tongue

01.jpg
02.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Next we have Patsy's profile.  Patsy I enjoyed reading your story and your photos are lovely!  I love your Biker bears!!  I nearly cried as you told us about your little doll  bear_cry  I am so glad that your hubby was so thoughtful  bear_innocent .  How sweet!!
And our Karen has an advert shown here too, beautiful bear Karen  bear_innocent 

10.jpg
11.jpg
012.jpg
013.jpg

And our Lisa Rosenbaum has her regular feature on making a start in the bear industry.  I love reading your entries Lisa and your cartoons are so adorable!  Thanks for giving us all such terrific advice  bear_flower

And lastly, my profile which I was excited to see!  If you have worked on a profile or project you understand the work that goes into it,  so its so wonderful to see all that hard work in print!  I wasn't expecting it out until Christmas time, so it was a happy surprise for me bear_original

06.jpg
07.jpg
o8.jpg
09.jpg

Thanks for looking  bear_flower  and if I have missed anyone, sorry and please let me know and I will get back to the scanner, it's been a busy issue!

zemeski Posts: 434

Sarah - Wow!! I'm impressed. It must of took forever to get your article ready. It is as long as a book. Nice pictures of your bears also. I'm sure you are thrilled. I'm so happy for you and everyone else that has their articles in the Bear Creations Magazine. Congratulations!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hayley, Patsy, Karen, Sarah,
Congratulations on the wonderful entries in the magazine, What a great day for you all to see yourselves in print, very impressive and so many bears, fantastic.
Thanks Sarah for taking time to share all of this with us, you're a star.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sarah thank you for taking the time to post ... I have found that the article has been great for me ... I did a show at the weekend and I was suprised at how many people said they had seen the profile... and I sold the two biker bears as well as Woolley and Latte and orders for other bears... I hope that it worked well for you also..Haley your bear is lovely.

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

How wonderful!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Thanks for posting this!
  JeannieB bear_original

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow that's super girls!!!  bear_wub   bear_wub  Sarah thank-you for posting the pics, I can't wait to see my issue  :hug:   :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thanks Sarah so much for posting the articles.   :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow!  What a giant armful of talent!  Those articles look spectacular (wish I could read them too) and I'm so proud of and happy for all of you who appear.  I wish I could get ahold of one of those issues myself (no clue how to get one here in Cali); it's so fun to read thru magazines and say, "I KNOW this person; isn't her/his work GREAT?!"

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sarah,
     Thanks for posting all the wonderful articles, so we could see them too!  You should all be very proud - your work is wonderful!

hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Awesome, girls!!! bear_thumb  bear_flower
Thanks for posting, Sarah! :dance:
So many talented and famous friends we have here! :clap:
You got me a copy of the mag, right, Sarah??  :pray:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Awesome! I'm soo proud of our TT"ers. I feel like I know famous people!

Thanks for sharing Sarah, I'm going to try and hunt down that copy

clare14 Country Bears
England

Wowee guys!!!   Excellent!!   What talent and such lovely bears so deserving of such wonderful articles - great job!!   :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Excellent for all of you awesome Aussie ladies!!!!  Congratulations!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Sarah,
Thank you so much for posting bear_flower  bear_flower  so that we could all see the many Terrific bears  :clap:  :clap: - such talented ladies bear_flower 
I wish it was possible to read them as the bears all look wonderful
Well done everyone who was in the magazine :dance:  :dance:
:hug:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Sarah thank you for doing that, you are a sweetheart!
It was a real buzz to see my bear in print....first of many I hope! Congrats to all you others too....we OWN this issue!  :hug:
Thank you all for your wonderful and supportive comments...you're such a great bunch of friends! bear_wub

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations to you all - well done.
I am waiting for my copy to come in the mail.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

e118.gif

Great Job every one !!! Doesn't it feel grand to see your things in print ? It makes you feel like a real celebearity !!!  :clap:  :clap:

Great Job again every one , enjoy your time in the spot light !!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:

e118.gif

Jodi falk

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
doodlebears wrote:

Hayley, Patsy, Karen, Sarah,
Congratulations on the wonderful entries in the magazine, What a great day for you all to see yourselves in print, very impressive and so many bears, fantastic.
Thanks Sarah for taking time to share all of this with us, you're a star.

I can only ditto what Jane has posted.

YIPPIEEEE

How awesome to have your hard work published. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What a terrific honor ladies.  Congratulations to each of you !   :clap:  Thanks so much for sharing the pictures Sarah.  My local book store no longer carries this magazine  bear_cry

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Way to go girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :dance:  :clap:  bear_thumb    bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I haven't been online for awhile so just wanted to say thanks for all the positive comments about the magazine. And I was more than happy to share,no probs bear_original  I wish magazines were easier to obtain world wide!!  I hate it when I miss out on TB&F bear_sad  If anyone wants anything just let me know,  I'll be off to get them on Friday I think.  Or, if anyone wants a larger scan, just PM me  bear_thumb

Patsy well done with your sales!!!  I'm thrilled for you, your bikers are so cool  bear_thumb  (wish there was a Fonzie smilie lol)  Magazine work is so terrific for business, I think we have a wonderful group of collectors here in Australia.  But besides the business aspect, I think that sharing your story is a wonderful way to connect with people...even if you don't make a sale, its a great feeling when you get emails that say thanks for sharing, that they have been inspired to craft again, or inspired to carry on regardless of what life throws in your way..it just makes it all more worth while when you touch someone...its been really nice.

Hayley, am looking out for your next profile in Home Spun...is that out soon? 

Thanks again everyone!
xx Sarah

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

If you want to see more of Patsy's profile and read it clearly go to this site,,,,,,,,,

http://www.woodlandspublishing.com.au/abc/index.html

and you can actually subscribe to the magazine from there too.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

CONGRATS TO YOU ALL How absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have made this edition VERY SPECIAL and a MUST HAVE. :dance:  :hug:
Wendy bear_thumb

staticbear76 Posts: 222

to see such beauty and craftsmanship it makes me cry tears of joy to see such beautiful bears such as leilani being made thank you for making her and im so happy to see you being published.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I love ABC! Congratulations to all of you. I've ordered the magazine for several years from various sources on the internet, but by the time I get them, they'd be an issue or two behind. Sandra gave me the source of a distributor in Canada and this is my second year of subscription from them. The cost is a bit less than ordering a subscription directly from Australia.

I had to call and request the last issue, 13-3, as they said it had been mailed in October and by December I still hadn't gotten the magazine. So, as usual, I'm confused...The current issue listed on the Woodland site is 12-6, and the one you highlight, Sarah, is 12-2. Now I'm waiting on 13-4.

So, which issue is the latest one you've received? I know the Canadian distributor is later getting the magazine out than those who get it in Australia, but I'm always wondering when the lastest one was mailed out.

I love these magazines and I look through my older one frequently.

Board footer