Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

Lucius_head.jpg
Lucius is the summer swap bear I've made for Birgitte of Pijangibears. He's mostly mohair with hand-dyed & painted silk accents. He has painted glass eyes, a lightly waxed nose and an acrylic thread collar.

Lucius_full.jpgLucius_hello.jpg

I didn't do the dying of the silk myself, I found it at a local art show. The gentleman selling it in the form of vests and ties was willing to sell me his scraps quite inexpensively. I spent half the show trying to work up my courage to ask, but it was definitely worth it!

Lucius_suspicious.jpg

Somehow Lucius seems to have a very suspicous expression, at least it seems that way to me. Maybe he's destined to be the grouchy watchdog of Birgitte's collection -- or perhaps he's just annoyed that I took half the summer to finish all his details!

-- Erika Fawcett
Fuzzbutt bears

PS. My apologies for the quality of the pictures, somehow the "new camera" fund always ends up being spent on mohair . . .

Dilu Posts: 8,574

what a fun bear...reminds me of a professor for some reason.  I am sure Brigitte will be delighted, you have done a great job,Erika, and he is quite interesting. 

The silk accents are quite lovely and brighten him up a lot.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Erika, you did a wonderful job!

For sure, if that bear arrived at my doorstep, i would be delighted, so I am sure Brigitte too will love him!

He has got so much expression on his face.

I love the silk details!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Erika

He is a sweeti.  bear_wub  You have done a great job.  bear_thumb
I look forward to welcome him here in Denmark.
He's got a wonderful expression - like a professor - as Dilu say's.
Now I have to hurry with your bear.

Thank you, Erika.  bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Very creative!!!! Great minds must think alike.... because I also picked up some hand dyed felted silk at the craft fair I just visited. To use for toes on my next critter. bear_grin
And now I know what it will look like.... thanks :hug:
Wendy bear_thumb

Board footer