Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I've just uploaded a piccie of Barley  into the challenge gallery. Here's another (I couldn't decide) :redface:

BJ is my homage to the Steiff Baerle 35 PAB. This was one of Richard Steiff's new designs, with a sharper, foxier clipped muzzle and a gutta percha nose--I used Fimo, and added a tail and a growler. According to Christie's, this was the first Steiff bear with disk joints.

My BJ is made of Intercal325S/CM in Old Tan. I intended to make him all sad and droopy looking, but he just wouldn't stop smiling! bear_original
BJames6DSCN0361.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a great looking bear, Eileen!  You did a superb job!  I finally got mine finished today, too, so he's coming in next to Barley.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Eileen your bear is wonderful !!  I finished mine today also.  Actually, I finished the bear last night and took pictures of him plain for the challenge.  Then, I had fun and added shading to age him a bit more.  I need to take a picture of the finished result.   Thanks for sharing your pictures.  bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, Sue Ann and Tammy! Can't wait to see your bears!

I stupidly posted this in the wrong place  :doh: . . . or didn't post it in the right place, duh :doh: I might try again.

Tammy, I want to shade Barley a bit too . . . he looks a bit naked. I guess we're so used to seeing classic bears with half their stuffing gone and their fur all scruffy that pristine versions look a bit wrong!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

AwwWWW BIG well done Eileen hes lovely  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I LOVE his smile bear_grin

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

He looks like a true antique.( Having been kept in good condition of course.) bear_grin
bear_thumb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, Lanie and Jodi and Wendy :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I'm still thinking of shading him, but he's so danged happy the way he is!! :crackup:

Board footer