Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Shelli, you'll have to let me know if your teddy bear and friends ever shows up. I still haven't received mine yet either. This is driving me crazy. I have been checking my mailbox EVERY day and still nothing! Maybe today....
Aerianna

Dilu Posts: 8,574

e052.gif

hmmmmmChico and Sacramento-Northern California-highly suspicious.............

This month is was Aerianna and Shelli......where will this perfidy end? 

e022.gif

c024.gif

Whose behind the mystery?   Who is the secret TB&F swipper?

a102.gif

Could it be....no not the gollies?!!!

We know they want their own magazine, but they couldn't go this far.................

a108.gif

could they?

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL
MKinsey/TBF wrote:

Thanks for the nice words about the Sept/Oct issue. I'm glad those of you who have it are enjoying it.

It's difficult and expensive all the way around to have the magazine on newsstands abroad, so it's basically subscription-only outside the US. You can order it via our Web site or by calling our customer service department at 617-536-0121.

If anyone here is looking for the magazine, I have a list of the US stores (independent and chains) that carry TBF and would be happy to refer you. You can also ask the manager of your local book store, newsstand, or bear store to contact us and set up an account. I'll personally give a prize to anyone who convinces a store to start selling the magazine!

But, really, you should subscribe: it's cheaper and more efficient for you, and earns me gold stars with the boss. Then we're all happy!

Mindy

I have been hounding my store manager for the last two years to carry both magazines. We have had them in the past and they always sold out within a couple of days, now we don't carry either one. But that could be the fault of the magazine agency that we use to stock our magazines.

Polo, IL

It's  Puss... in boots...
That is a cute picture Shelli bear_thumb

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I FINALLY got a copy from my local book store and am so excited .  I wasn't sure that they were still carry the magazine, but thankfully they are.  I was thrilled with the article on TT.  What a great , funny and well written article Mindy  bear_thumb .  It really did sum up all that TT is about.   You gals cracked me up with some of the  funny comments too.  Dilu, did you have to bring up the Speedo discussion  :crackup:

I was even more excited when I discovered my bears in the bruins'n buddies section.  Thank you so much Mindy for giving me the chance to get in print for the 1st time in TB&F.  So for anyone that is afraid to send in pics to the magazines, don't be.  Mindy made it very painless and  was very supportive.   I feel like a kid at Christmas with this issue !!!

Thanks Mindy !    :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great news for you, Tammy... Congratulations!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I am in shock, I just sat down to read through the rest of the magazine and found this whole column from me in Bears on The Web !   Oh my goodness , I am in utter shock !  I've never had this much exposure in my life, it feels kind of weird( being an introvert) , but so exciting.  Sorry to ramble, but I know you'd all understand.  bear_shocked

Mindy you are a doll !   :dance:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Tammy! You didn't already know? I hope you were sitting down!

You got your own sidebar because you said it all, girl! :dance:

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

I've got my copy yesterday, jubiiiiiiiii  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

SHELLI...... Anything YET????????

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Yes!!!  Super Mindy came to my rescue and sent me a copy, which arrived today.  Still nothing from the mail carrier, though.  But I am one happy camper!

The article was so fun to read and it was a giddy good time to see my picture in a magazine, I must admit.  I felt among "stars" seeing all those fellow TTer's mentioned in the article and in all the advertising spread across the entire magazine.  Like everyone else, I, too, feel that the spirit of sharing and friendship that we try so hard to engender here -- and, for the most part, are successful in maintaining as a community -- was beautifully showcased in Mindy's description of what this place is, and how it functions.

I just couldn't imagine being happier with a write up of this "thing" that I, along with so many of you, have spent so many hours trying to build and grow.

Yay, us!  Thanks to Mindy for sending me this wonderful issue, and to all of you for making TEDDY TALK a place I truly feel is "home."

Polo, IL

Did someone post inforation on running an ad in the Teddy Talk section? If they did I sure missed it!
Will that be a regular thing?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Jared... Yes, several months ago Mindy and Kellie Love announced a special ad rate, especially for a "Teddy Talk" section of advertising, to be featured in the Sept./Oct. issue alongside the planned article on TT.  As, by now, you've probably seen!  It was discussed on and off for some time but, of course, if you're not looking at the exact thread, or even reading it closely, it's easy to miss even information as big as that.  I know how easy it is to be away for two or three days and be hopelessly, entirely lost here.

Sorry you missed out on the news.

bear_sad

I don't think it was discussed as a "regular thing" but then, that's up to the folks at TB&F!!!

Polo, IL

A day or two away...
Try the better part of a month.
Thanks Shelli.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Ummmm....subscribing is the best way for us to get a better rate on our Teddy Bear mags, BUT if the magazines go in hiding...meaning they're not out there on the magazine shelves at bookstores, and grocery stores and big box stores...well, the average person won't even know that the collector teddy bears even exist!   bear_shocked   Is there anyway we can help to get the magazines back into the bookstores??? Afterall, as Jared points out, they often sell out within days, so there must be a market for them  bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Mindy mentioned something about giving anyone who gets a store to start carrying TB&F a special prize. OK, not her exact wording but there seemed to be a little something in it for us......

I have 2 places to go visit next week with a copy of the magazine, a bear and a smile.......  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_thumb Good luck Daphne!!!  bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Lisa... I haven't received my subsciption or advertiser copies yet either  And the stores here in Chico and four hours south, where my mom lives, near San Francisco, also don't have this issue on the shelves yet.

This is the closest I've ever been able to "track" subscription distribution and I'm thinking that maybe it's not a mail issue after all, which was my first suspicion.  Maybe it's a print-run issue.  Meaning that maybe the TB&F print shop starts a print run and ships out immediately to the east (I think they're in Wisconsin but am not sure where the print shop is located!)  And then they continue the issue's print run and ship it west.  Meaning that here in Cali, we're last to get it. Or some such thing.

In any case, for me it's entirely a case of impatience, and not of complaining, per se.  I'm totally okay waiting so long as it GETS here!  Since my mom is keeping tabs on the local shops that carry it in the SF area, and me too in the Chico area, and the shops don't have it yet either, I figure I'm in good company and that it will get here eventually.

It is/was monster hard to wait, however... so thanks again to Mindy for getting me a copy!  I'm really proud of it and want my family to see it too, though (they're in SF and San Diego), so I'm still sitting on pins and needles as well, Lisa!

Yayyy  Shelli!!!  i am so glad you got yours.....do you suppose we share mail ladies.....I know mine hates the catalogs, but loves the magazines.....

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

According to our schedule, the Sept/Oct issue was supposed to start mailing Aug 3 and go on sale at newsstands on Aug 22. (Althought newsstands usually put it out as soon as they get it rather than holding it.) So everyone really should have it by now.

If you're a subscriber and don't have it, send me a PM (mkinsey@madavor.com) with your name and mailing address. I'll check your subscription w/our customer service dept.

If you're looking for a newsstand copy, tell me where you live (city, state, zip) and the nearest larger city and I'll try to tell you which Barnes & Noble, Walden, or Borders should have a copy.

I don't think we're planning to have the TT ad section every issue. However, Kellie (klove@madavor.com) can give you info on advertising in Artists Studio, which is the same size ad and very reasonably priced. And, of course, I'm always encouraging everyone to submit photos for Bruins 'n Buddies, news and show reports for News & Views, and your Face Book entries.

Cheers,
Mindy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

A-ha!  My mom got a call from her Bay Area BORDERS today and they have received the HOT HOT HOT Sept./Oct. issue and will ship it out to her today!

Yay!   Yay!   Yay!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original WOW--leave it to a MOM! bear_thumb

Mindy, please don't think we're being snarly and negative about TB&F and its service--we just get overeager and bratty sometimes :redface:

Tynnateddy sault ste marie

bear_grin just new to this group and i received mine on this past friday woo hoo i get sooo excited it almost makes me sick ......lol
Tynna

Polo, IL

Mindy -
I think I can send a CD full of pictures that you can use...
And one for mom too.
bear_original

Board footer