Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I was up way too late last night and just got myself to turn on the tv now to see a few of the morning shows.  Every news channel is discussing a terrorist plot from the UK to US that is affecting air travel.  My  thoughts went to all of the wonderful artists traveling for shows and how this is such an evil and unnecessary wrench in their happy works.  I hope that all arrive safely and that baggage and precious teddy cargo isn't held up.
No liquids/gels of any kind are being permitted on flights (I think liquid prescription meds are the only thing eventually getting by).  My dad is traveling for business in Florida right now and will have to fed ex all of his toiletries home (he'd never just throw them away and start over!)

Everyone take care, be well and stay safe

:hug:
~Chrissi

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

It is very frightening.  My ex travels extensively overseas and I've always had this terrible fear that something would happen to him.   It's more than just a fear of flying...it's like a deep down I know it will eventually happen feeling...hard to explain.. As much as he annoys, irritates and down right pisses me off on a regular basis, I would be devastated if something were to happen to him and my children would be without their father.

We live is a very sad world right now...

Everyone be safe...

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sad world is right.  <sigh>  I wonder where compassion and humanity have gone, sometimes.  They can be found... but in fewer places, and felt less depthfully, than you might think would be the case in the year 2006.

Keep safe, all.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

This will really affect the San Diego Show this weekend! A lot of European and Asian artists usually are there. Judi, allow at least two hours to check in! I'm flying to the Washington D.C. Teddy Bear Expo next weekend, I can imagine the security on that flight  bear_wacko TBAI is also next weekend. Everybody take care and remember, no liquids or gels allowed in carry-ons. In Europe I don't think they're even allowing carry-ons at all?
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Yes, this is the main news topic here. Gatwick airport which is close to us has been badly affected with most flights today being cancelled. This of course has a knock on effect over the next few days and traffic is chaotic as people are trying to get to the airport early to find out if their flight is affected.

No hand luggage is allowed except money, medicine etc but it has to go in a clear bag like a sandwich bag.

We have flights booked to Portugal on Tuesday so we will have to monitor the situation. I also hear that there have been 20 related arrests in the UK today so I'll watch the 10 o clock news to hear the latest.

My thoughts are with anyone stranded due to the flight cancellations.

:hug:

Celena Oxford

Oh dear! I will be flying to UK next month..I better keep myself update on this.

A sad world indeed  bear_sad  So sad how the world has become in the past years...terrorist attacks or attempt attacks seem to be quite often.   bear_cry

Beary hugs
Celena

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Travel safe everyone!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

It is very worrying and frightening, my fiancee and I are going to the UK tomorrow!  Luckily we chose to travel on Eurotunnel rather than flying so I hope that it will all go smoothly.  Be safe everyone,

Hugs
Catherine
x

Dilu Posts: 8,574

On a lighter note, Three cheers for MI5 and NSA, the Brits working in cooperation with the Yanks saved thousands of lives!

Hats off to those folks who are in charge of security, and who were able to foil the evil plot.

(See I'm not really paranoid, there really are very bad people out there.)

Special gollylove to Judikins who will be traveling with her whole family, which includes that cute little munchkin Joe.  good luck honey!

gollyhugs
dilu

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I had a thought ( I get them occasionally..... :doh: ) that perhaps now  is a good time to fly with all the extra security and everyone being so diligent and aware?  There will be no complacency at the moment will there. Perhaps the extra time taken is a good trade-off?

I just wondered...............

Board footer