Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

alex2.jpgHI,
Anyone who is interested in the heart touching amazing story of Alex, her Lemonade Stand & her dream to help other children by finding a cure for childhood cancer.
I have a 30 minute documentary about her life: Alex Scott- A Stand For Hope.
Just send me an email with your address & I'll send it to you free of charge. See for yourself why supporting her dream means so much to me.

P.S. To all artist & buyers that participated in June's benefit, your copy will be on the way this Monday.

On a different note:
Can you believe it- last week someone broke into the office of Alex's Lemonade Stand & stole all the money that was raised from 2 Lemonade Stands. - How Sad !!  They still haven't caught the people. Lots of people are holding stands this weekend to show their support.
I already can't wait for September's benefit!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sandi, what is the date for the September Benefit again ?  When do you need bears to be ready /  I want to participate this time.

I can't believe some stole the money, that is just horrible !!!  I hope they get caught.

New Jersey

Hi Tammy,
I'm so happy to hear you'll be able join me for the September 22 to 24 benefit. Your bear or buddy will have to be ready to list any time Friday, Sept. 22.- Last time I was the very last to list, I think I had my bear on at 11:59 PM. - When you know for sure that you'll be able to participate, you'll have to register on the web site some time before the start date.
Let me know if you would like the DVD. It's a great way to see how your hard work & donation is worth so much more then words can say.
bear_flower   ~ Sandy

www.lemonadebears.com

The bear in my avatar was my benefit bear, I named her Flynn. That's Alex's middle name.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Sandy, I would love to help to, can you tell me what I have to do??     :hug:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Ooh, me too! I'd LOVE to make a bear for this truly wonderful cause.  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_wub

Are you able to send the video to the UK?

A bit more info about how to participate would be greatly appreciated.  bear_flower

New Jersey

Hey Ladies,
Thanks for your support- I really hope this benefit is as successful as the last on. In case you didn't know we raised $6,000.00!! I still can't believe it & I can't thank every one enough.

You'll have to officially register on the benefit's web site. You can also get all the details & a free photo editing program there.  - Nancy Tillberg did an awesome job designing the web site & making it very easy to participate as an artist or buyer.

As an artist, all you have to do is create a bear or buddy from your own pattern & have him ready to list on Bid 4 Bears any time on September 22, for the 3 day auction. Before the benefit, you will receive an email with a special username, password & listing information. There are no listing fees to sell your bear. When he sells & the buyer pays, the funds go directly to the benefit's account.  You will be notified when payment is made, then you ship to the buyer. The buyer pays all shipping fees but since you don't have access to the payment, I'll reimburse shipping fees to you.  After all shipping fees have been reimbursed, the remaining funds will be donated in all artist & buyers names to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation for childhood cancer. 

As a buyer, all you have to do is register at: bid 4 bears & bid away!!

By request, I added all credit card payment options.  Now buyers don't need a paypal account to make payment.

To over see things, Alex's parents Liz & Jay Scott & Nancy have full access to the email & paypal account.  You can also request verification of proof of the donation.

Please take a look at the web site & contact me by email if you have any questions.
Thanks a bunch, Sandy

Gemma- I can ship the DVD worldwide. Just send me your address, I'll get it right out. 

benefit~ www.lemonadebears.com   
Alex's site~ www.alexslemonade.org

email- lovebudbears@aol.com

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Thank you for the information Sandy!

I've just sent you a PM.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Thank you Sandy, I have just registered!!   :hug:

New Jersey

Hi Gemma & Clare,
Your DVD will ship on Monday. You might want to grab the tissues before you start watching. There are some really heart breaking moments. But it's also very inspiring & could even possible change the way you look at things. I know whenever I'm struggling & think something is impossible, Alex always comes to mind.
If a little girl with cancer could make her dream come true, then I certainly can find away to accomplish whatever it is I was trying to do. 
She was one amazing kid.  bear_cry

clare14 Country Bears
England

Sandy, I feel very touched just reading about her on the site already, she was born the same year as my daughter  bear_cry   We all whinge and moan, but it takes something like Alex's story to put it all into perspective, I'm so happy to be involved.  :hug:

Board footer