Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

DO821E1small.jpgDO8E241small.jpgTTDONE2small.jpgIf anybody knows Lisa Pay-please don't tell her what I've done to her Molly pattern!
This 12" chubby fellow is hand sewn and five way jointed. He has German glass eyes, ultra-suede paws and a Pearle cotton nose and mouth. His tummy is weighted with steele shot. His "third ear" is sewn to his bottom-for an adorable cub tail! He is made from fabulous ginger bear faux fur from Bear Bottoms Originals...Thank You Kimberly! A huge bear hug to Tammy and her daughter from Beckoning Bears, for their help and advice :hug: . Sue Ann if you're reading this....be aware...I cut out your pattern today and will be destructing...I mean constructing, a new bear this week :crackup: .
     My name is JeannieB....and I am addicted bear_wub
Almost forgot...His name is Raisin....because I had to eat a lot of cereal before I could cut out his pattern parts from the box!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jennie you have done a wonderful job on Raisin, I had to laugh when you said you had to eat alot of ceral to use the cardboard...  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I am sure Lisa would love the result of the bear... great work

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Thank you, Patsy. That was a lot of raisins. Hubby said we had to eat the cereal....I would've just taken it out!
      JeannieB bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jeannie,

Raisin is very sweet, cute & downright adorable..  I wish my bear turned out that cute... bear_original

Great job...it is addicting isn't it.  You are in big trouble now Missy!!!

Hugs,
Shantell

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh wow..he is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! You have done such a wonderful job Jeannie!

I think he is SUCH a cute bear - the sort I really fall for!!! I wanna hug him!

Well done...I'm sure Raisin will be cherished forever..... :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Fantabulous bear!
I think that's great for a first bear, Jeannie!

I cannot wait to see your next!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original He's really beautiful, Jeannie--well done!  bear_thumb

I love the name and the quest-for-cardboard story :crackup:

Your Hubs must be a distant relation of mine! bear_rolleyes

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

You have done a very good job! My first bear was not as pretty as your Raisin!  bear_happy

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Great job!!! Raisin is so sweet  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub  I laughed at the cereal box thing, I use them to and also frozen pizza boxes. You can get those after just one meal  bear_grin   :hug:

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

:hug: Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments!!! Learning from TT over the past year has really improved my crochet bears. While I sewed this first bear: I used at least seven things I learned from TTers. Not to mention Intercal made it so easy to get all the things needed for bear making.
  I posted a note in the OR lounge asking for cereal boxes....and now have a reserve supply of boxes if anyone needs them! :crackup: Frozen pizza boxes....why didn't I think about that?! :doh:
  Last night I made Raisin his own afghan to match his hat...he loves it. bear_tongue
           Bear hugs,
                   JeannieB bear_original

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

wow, i can`t belive this is your first bear, hes wonderful. bear_wub  bear_wub
my first bear looked like he`d been ran over by a 10 tun truck. :crackup:  :crackup:

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

I think Raisin felt like he had been run over by a truck! I actually felt sorry for him and gave him breaks bear_grin
    Just cut out the fur for Raisins big sister,"Prune" :crackup:

JeannieB bear_original

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

You have done a really great job on your first bear-he has a really adorable face.I hope you like your cereal as it looks like you will be eating rather a lot of it if you are addicted to making bears. :crackup:
Laurie :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Jeannie, I am so glad you posted pictures of Raisin- You know how much I love him and how proud I am of you !!!!  It was an absolute pleasure "virtually helping" you through your first bear, but you already seemed to know what you were doing.  I just got to ooh and aww over the preview pictures.    I love the raisin comment and the 3rd ear comment  :crackup:  :crackup: .  I can hardly wait to see the next cutie pie, or should I say Prune  :crackup:

I knew you'd be hooked !

WELL DONE Jeannie .  I love him and his little hat ! !

a200.gif

Kathleen Pa

He's adorable.  You did a great job for a first bear!!!!

Kathleen

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Thanks again for all the lovely comments on Raisin! I'm getting a little worried that he is a first time fluke?! His big sister "Prune" is coming along a little easier....I may be able to let Tammy get some rest from all the questions!!
   Laurie...Thank God, I love cereal :pray: !!!

Bear hugs,
                   JeannieB bear_original

Celena Oxford

Jennie, YOU did a good job on your first bear  bear_thumb Raisin is lovely  bear_wub

Beary hugs
Celena  :hug:

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Thank you for taking the time to look at him, Celena! I'm very proud of him bear_wub
      JeannieB bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:crackup: RAISON? Oh how wonderful Addicted JEANNE.
He is soo sweet. I wish my first had been so weel done bear_grin
Hes lovely, keep it up. You are now on a slippery slope to cutesville. :crackup:
Wendy bear_thumb

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Jeannie....I can't believe this is your first.  Well done you!  Looking forward to meeting prune and the next new members to be added to your hug.

another addict!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Janine - he is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a beauty!

Love the hat too!

Danni

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Raisin is just a terrific bear, and so wonderful for your first.  There will be no stopping you now.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh my! Wow! Jeannie you have done a fantastic job on your first bear! It looks like you are a natural Hon! I am so impressed!

Hugs Louise

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Wow!! Thanks for all the lovely comments! I am having a great time with this :dance: I have hopes that Prune will be officially "born" this weekend. bear_wub

Bear Hugs,
      JeannieB bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

JeannieB ! I can't believe he is your first bear ???
He is adorable !!! The long fur is gorgeous too.  :clap:
You must have those magic hands ?? hmmmm??  bear_laugh  bear_rolleyes

hugs  bear_flower
marie

Board footer