Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC02166-2.JPGDSC02165-2.JPG

The cats told me we were going to have company

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

And I thought my morning was exciting with a coyote and two deer!  You have me beat hands down!!

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOW!  How did you catch that photo?  Was it really your cats that alerted you?

Why were you outside with a bear? 

bear_tongue

DSC02170.JPGDSC02169.JPG

But when I got back inside from the picture taking, the cats were hiding.  No big deal, we all know cats are scardykins.

But passing by the cats bathroom on the way to clean up the sewing room I noticed the drawers were open. 

Kwatzu has been known to open drwers, just because he can.  So I closed the top one. 

Then the second one....but it didn't close all the way and the bottom one wouldn't close at all....so.....

Such a Lionheart, my little Kwatzu!

c033.gif

It really was....I ran, well hobbled quickly, and when I got out there I yelled  "Hey there big boy!"  In as sweet a voice as I could.....and he stopped and looked at me....but d$$$, that piccy didin't come out at all.....So the hubby hears me yell and he thinks something neats is going to happen for him....and he comes out of the garage....Ha!

On our funny little road we have garbage service on Mondays....but only an idiot puts their trash out the night before because the racoons and feral dogs will get into it.  But Rick weighted the bottom of our can, and it got knocked over but the critter couldn't get in....now he thinks maybe the critter getting in has been this bear, looking for Monday morning breakfast.

Ha!

After the Fox Incident i keep the camera to hand all the time now!

gollyhugs

Shelli, how else would i get the picture....and it is my front yard, after all....and he isn't interested in me....he's looking for something younger and jucier and easier to get at.... c045.gif

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh WOW!!!

Dilu, you can't imagine how exciting your pictures are for a town girl living in the UK!!!!  It's just like something off the telly!!!  :crackup:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Too funny (Kwatzu) and too cool (the bear).  We don't have bear...deer, raccoons, skunks, cougar (or so I've been told).

Country living...gotta love it!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ooo, yippeee!!! Dilu's had a black bear visitor too!

Shelli.... ya gotta be outside to get the good pictures and they are most definitely more scared of us than we of them. In fact, black bears are rather scaredy-cats themselves!!! Now, if that had been a grizzly I would have stayed inside!! I don't know a thing about grizzly's but they are SO much bigger than a black bear and don't look like anything I'd want to mess with!

Queen.... a coyote and two deer are very exciting too!!! Don't you just love it when those wild creatures come close enough for us to have a good look at them and appreciate them??

Dilu..... great shots!! They aren't easy to photograph.... black blobs! Yours are great! I can just imagine how that encounter got your heart going and blood surging and excitement boiling over!!! Very cool!!!

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Oh Wow Dilu bear_noexpression

The only beasts outside my place this morning were the dirty great diggers that arrived to rip up my neighbours driveway.......oh the noise bear_sad

:hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I love your visitors.  I would welcome that type any day.  Unfortunately, my visitor today was a "friend???", and it was not pleasant.  But that's another animal story.  I won't go into details, but I told my family "If I ever speak of boarding a horse for someone (especially a friend) slap me."  It was heart breaking.

Renae

:

yup....I agree with you, bears trump methheads e025.gif ....although in our neighborhood the methheads are as semi nocturnal as the bears.  I hear the cars race 60 miles an hour up the road....and then ten minutes later back down the road.....On the other hand who wants a long visit from anyone at 2 in the morning?

g055.gif

Shelli

you are so funny!  Our

Daphne's

right though....ya gotta be out there to see them.....
sometimes its just the pleasure of a hawk who's caught himself a nice thermal.....or a bald eagle....NOW THAT'S PURE EXCITEMENT!...

g070.gif

The cats alert to anything outside.  g035.gif  I know they want to go out and play in the forest....but Suki is so silly she'd get eaten in a heartbeat.....by a squirrel....and Kwatzu, welll.....we saw what he does.  Still can't figure out how he got behind the drawers. 
I swear he has no bones.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

wow what a wonderful photo Dilu - hard to imagine that they are walking around so close to the house.
Thanks for sharing this magnificent Bear with us.

I can hardly blame your kittycats going into hiding -  bless them.
Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Lucky you, Dilu--all I got was two squirrels and a skunk bear_cry

Kwatzu's a sensible cat--a bear might look for him in a drawer, but not behind a drawer! :crackup:

If we weighted our garbage cans, our frail little garbage men wouldn't take them--picky critters.

Michelle Michelle
Cape Town

bear_original Hay everyone. bear_original

You guys have no idee how lucky you are.  Jeezzzz having a bear stroll up to your house like that... Must be fab living out there. bear_flower

In Cape Town if you want to see a bear, you go to the zoo. bear_cry

If you want to see Whales, dolphins and lots of shells you go spend the day at the beach and if you want to see the seals you go to seal Island where you will find thousands of seals. :clap:   

If u want to see monkeys and baboons you go hiking in the mountains. :clap:

All I get to see is the inside of my office and my TT talking buddy's on the net. :crackup:

You have all the fun Dilu! :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Wow Dilu, what amazing pics.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
I would be scared stiff.  bear_cry
I have had wombats, echidna's,  kangaroos and koala's in my yard.
I can handle most things here, like our venomous snakes...
But a BEAR EEEEEEekkkkkkkkk, I would run a mile  bear_grin

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Oh Dilu, to an Aussie girl, that bear looks soooooooo amazing.  I'm afraid not knowing much about their habits or temperament, I would be pretty petrified.  I suppose it is what you grow up with an what you are educated about.  We live here in Oz with a myriad of venomous snakes and spiders, but you have learnt what to do and how to manage it.  Big bears - I would have no idea how to react.  I must admit, he looks just beautiful though.

Board footer