Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Picture-4606.jpgThis is my newest bear, a very big mistake or "accident" you could say. :redface:   bear_ermm   I started this bear after my surgery in Feb. as I could felt the parts and was a bit frustrated by being "laid up" and all the poking helped a bit. bear_wacko 
  She was only ever meant to have a needle felted outfit and her limbs and head were to be of mohair.
  I had put her aside without finishing her as I wasn't sure I even liked her but I took her out again last week and decided to finish her. She was all done and jointed together and I was adding stuffing to her head before I did her nose when diaster struck  bear_shocked   :redface: 
  While stuffing her nose area, I poked my stuffing tool right through her face and made a hole  bear_cry  I was horrified and sewing her up didn't help,her face was uneven and I was heart broken.
  Well I always meant to try the needle felted face course but never had the funds or time. I know that there are some beautiful bears made and displayed on here so I knew I couldn't hope to do as well but I had no choice but to try. I think she turned out okay for a first try and i will probably list her later today.
   I truly admire all the talented people on here that are able to make such wonderful felted bears and creatures.  I have not named her yet and she is about ten inches high so a "small" bear for me  bear_smile Thanks for looking.  :hug:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Oh wow Shari, you really did make the best of a mistake!!! What a wonderful accident recovery!!!! Beautiful bear!!!!!

Hugs &

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shari, this bear is the most wonderful mistake I've ever seen. A truely cute face and I can totally see your style.

Nice work!

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Shari

She is adorable.  bear_wub
She's got such a sweet face.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

boy i wish i made mistakes like that.  She's great!.....The way you did her eyes and lids makes her look like she is a little sad, or petulent.  Simply adorable!

Great mistake Shari!  congratulations....you done good!

ok ok ok you did very well....

gollyhugs

dilu

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Well you mistake turned into a great success and a wonderful achievement - she is just beautiful.  Great work.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Shari, she doesn't look like a mistake! You did a great job of needlefelting, she is very, very cute.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original She's the best-looking mistake I've ever seen, Shari! bear_thumb

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Beautiful accident! She has an adorable face! bear_wub
      JeannieB bear_original

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks so much girls  bear_wub  I've been struggling for hours to get her pictures done and loaded and just gave up for the night after one SNAFU after another. Tomorrows another day. bear_ermm   bear_smile

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

She is beautiful!  :love:
What a souful little face.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Brilliant Shari!!! it was meant to be!!! bear_thumb
I love the idea about a needle felted outfit. VERY CLEVER bear_thumb
Wendy

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

She is really cute Shari - I love her needle felted outfit - well done on the "face save"!
Jane P.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

What a serendipidous "mistake"!! She is gorgeous! You will have to do more of the mohair/needlefelted combinations.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

What a pretty little girl, Shari!  She's wonderful, no mistake about that!!!  bear_happy

Kimberly W.

Board footer