Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Last night I was lunging Lady Bear in the field for a bit of exercise, when clutzy ole me, tripped over a hole and went crashing down  bear_shocked  I remembering thinking 'let go of the rope' as I fell.  Either I didn't let go in time, or my pinkie was the first to make contact with the ground to break the fall, dunno, but as I lay on my back looking up at my hand, I noticed my pinkie finger had dislocated.  At the first joint up from the palm, the rest of the finger made a detour towards my ring finger.   bear_cry  That's not something I care to see again! 

Being self employed, I can't really afford to go to the ER, and I was pretty sure it was just a dislocate.  Before the pain had even registered, I grabbed hold, pulled the finger out and back into position.  Then just waited a little.  As Lady Bear had been working so brilliantly for me, I didn't want to end on a bad note.  Both girls were standing there staring at me....I think they had a distinct feeling my hand shouldn't look like that either.  So I slowly collected the leadrope and lunging whip, had Lady Bear go round a few more times, made much of her and hastily went off in search of arnica and ICE!!!!  I've had arnica tablets and rubbed my hand down with arnica cream as well.  The frozen peas hurt like mad, but at least it stemmed the swelling.  It looks loverly this morning  bear_rolleyes

....sigh...so no bear making for just a bit longer  bear_sad  and I was just coming out of my hibernation too  bear_sad ..... but my hand says it distinctly needs at least a little time off.  Memo to me.... remember to pick my feet up better when running  bear_whistle

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Awww hon sounds so painful :hug: ... Your so brave bear_shocked ... I'd have fainted bear_cry . Hope its getting better today, TAKE IT EASY LOVE AND HUGS :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Laniex

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh Debbie, that sounds so painful!  It must be the time of year or something because I had a similar thing happen to me this morning! 

I was lunging to open the front door and managed to ram my left foot hard into the doorstep between the porch and the hall.  My two little toes went one way and I fell the other!  Poor old postie must have wondered what was going on as he waited for me to recover and open the door.  Trouble was it hurt so much I couldn't even concentrate on opening the door!  Eventually I managed to stop seeing stars and open the door to receive my box of fabric from Intercal! 

I've been hobbling around the house like a little old lady all day ... my poor toes are now purple and swollen and they are still throbbing ... owwwwwwwwww!!!!!!  bear_sad

(My ego is a bit bruised too!!!)  :crackup:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Debbie,
     Sorry you hurt your wee finger - I'll bet that it will throb for a while!

Paula,
     I did the same thing as you, about a year ago, and although it healed it is still sensitive.  Bruises and sprains are worse than breaks and take much longer to heal.  Good luck getting your shoes on - I couldn't wear mine for weeks and it was in the winter time.

hugs,

Brenda

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I dislocated my little finger many years ago - on my motocycle. Snapped it back in place, luckily I was wearing gloves and didn't see too much  bear_cry It healed ok but is a little crooked with a slight lump on the joint but gives me no other problems.
Good luck,

Marion

bear_shocked Paula you've beaten me paws down!!!  bear_cry  I'll take little finger dislocate over two toes parting ways ANYday!!!!   bear_cry  Man, that makes me tear just thinking of it!  Hope your poor foot feels better soon  bear_flower

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi you guys. Sorry about your pain! bear_sad  Hope the pain gets better soon. I  had dislocate ( 3 times already! ) my right knee! MAYOR pain! The first time it happens ( it is easier after the first time to do it again! ) it was Bella my dog, she turned very fast to me and with her hip bumped really hard the side of my Knee and ..pop it went bear_cry  and.... there I was,
in a wheelchair and  crutches for a couple of months! At least I made a lot of bears because I had to be sitting down!!
Take it easy Debbie and Paula bear_wub
Bear hugs
and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

OUCH!  bear_shocked  :hug:

Kimberly W.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad

OUCH

--you poor, poor things.

Deb, I'm full of admiration for your courage. Wow! bear_thumb

I think I'd rather land on my head than on my fingers bear_cry

I haven't broken a toe in years, but I remember the agony.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Debbie!  i am so proud of you!!!turb.gif

You relocated your finger before the muscles had a chance to spasm around it and cause you much worse grief.laugh1blue.gif

Very brave....I don't know if I could have done that!happy0042.gif

Good for you!

three Greatbig Gollyslobberkisses

and hopes you are doing well today!

dilu

Kent
Website

We must be TT's walking wounded today Debbie!  bear_grin

My poor baby toe is now a disturbing shade of purple and the foot around it has swollen rather spectacularly.  I've been told not to be a baby by my son, who regularly used to break toes whilst playing football!  I'll whine a bit more loudly, maybe that will drive him nuts enough to give me some sympathy!!  :crackup:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!

I've done the toe thing...... it's amazing how a little thing at the far end of your body can hurt so darn much and turn such interesting colors.  Debbie - My eyes watered and I got goose bumps as I read your post. Thank you SO much for sharing!  :crackup:  Seriously though, I do hope it's only dislocated and that it heals up fast. We're dying to see some new Debbie Bears!!!

Oh Renae!

You surely brought back memories....

Being the perfect hostess in the 70's

Were we nuts or what?!!!!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Debbie and Paula I hope that you both heal soon... my stomache turned when I read both your posts....... Paula I have done the toe stunt as well and I know how it is feeling ..... PAINFUL

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh dear !!!! Sorry for all the pain !!! I pray tomorrow will be better !! Heal fast !!!

Jodi Falk

2061.gif

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:crackup:  :crackup: :crackup: I've been told not to be a baby by my son :crackup: :crackup:  :crackup:

Paula, you're so right!

Aren't the offspring awful sometimes?

They have no idea how much pain we've never complained of, or any memory of the  many tears we've dried from their wee faces over the years.

Ah well . . .

Oh man, I'd be complaining away LOUDLY to your son, Paula  bear_laugh   No way round it, toes hurt bigtime, and its not like you were taking the risk, like he would with footie.

I found today I'm awful at doing 'nothing'  bear_sad Hard to believe just how much my hand gets used in a day.  This afternoon I was flagging from the pain, too.  Hubs tricked me into a nap...."come tuck me in for a nap"...then once I'm zonked out, he sneaks away... He was right, though, I really needed it  bear_wub

bear_laugh You guys are making me sound all brave ~ I'm not, I was so chicken at the thought of how much worse it was gonna hurt the longer it stayed like that.  I also figured if I passd out or fainted, hey I was all ready on the ground, so what's to lose  :crackup:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Wow, putting your own dislocated finger back into joint - I am in awe of your courage.  I would be a simpering mess.  And Paula, my sympathies - toesies really hurt when you knock them, and they are sore for ages.  I do think you both deserve lots and lots of sympathy.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Ouch toes and fingers can be just so painful
sorry to hear about your pain Debbie and Paula.

I hurt my toes back in Feb and they are still not right - when it is cold they seem to be painful
and I can not wear high healed shoes. bear_noexpression

Look after yourself everyone.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yikes, girls what are you at! Poor fingers and toes.  bear_cry

Debbie and Paula take care and look after yourselves. I do hope you both feel much better soon.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Kent
Website

Hope you're feeling more nimble fingered today Debbie!  :rose:

Thanks for all the lovely sympathy everyone - I've enjoyed my wallow in it!!  Foot's still swollen and multi-coloured on one half of it today, but I can walk around okay, as long as I don't need to wiggle any little toes!!  :crackup:

Good thing I work from home ... no need for shoes!  That's definitely one of the perks of my job I love!!!  bear_grin  (Hmmn, I guess it's also the reason I'm in this state in the first place!!  There's a lesson to me!!)  bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Paula,

I started wearing shoes and slippers  around the house after slamming my right pinkie toe in the back door after letting a cat in. It was 3 a.m., and I was half asleep . . .at least I was, until I squashed my toe.

It hurt like blazes, and it's still not right.

I'm  a lot better today....thank heavens for arnica and all the lovely sympathy on here  bear_flower !!!  Off to the acupuncturist today...he'll be wondering what on earth I"ve been up to  bear_rolleyes

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Hope every one is healing !! Have a Blessed day you all !!! :hug:

Jodi Falk

Renae,

When I was in Germany I was given a sweet little book,  The Officer's Wife's Guide a136.gif

a096.gif I read it, and discovered I had only one social grace! e052.gif   I could play piano. 

c038.gif I COULD NOT play bridge,

always smile no matter how much my feet hurt,  e016.gif

b010.gif make fancy oerderves,

g010.gif     fold fancy napkins, (can't we make do with paper towels?)

and be delighted every time my hubby went "away" for weeks on end.  c004.gif

Nor was I happy spending the day at the "club" when there were other c019.gif  more interesting things to do e023.gif 

I didn't answer the door or phone k012.gif  when I practised, (8 hours a day),  b035.gif

The book said I should always be up first, g130.gif  "freshen" my makeup, and have breakfast on the table...huh? d050.gif   "Never send your husband off in a bathrobe..."   a102.gif
And"never ever ever ask  questions he can't answer"!   a043.gif

Alas, I simply wasn't made of sterner stuff, willing to sacrafice it all for the greater glory of womanhood c028.gif

c005.gif So much for the 70's

Board footer