Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Olivia-for-TT.jpgYes, I have been a victim yet again - Olivia was purchased by someone who wants to pay me more than the amount so I can send him back the extra money - and he is sending the bear to his friend in Nigeria.  Just how stupid do they thing we are??????  Oh I am so mad.  Poor Joey and Olivia - that is the last time I use the BIN option - both were purchased by fraud, and it is the last time I use the "Private listing" option.  Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Jane P.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh, Jane, I'm so sorry. I know other people use private listing without problems but the same thing happened to me both times I tried private listing and once when I tried buy it now.  Hope you can get it all worked out.  :hug:   :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Oh, how frustrating for you! I'm so sorry this happened to you. :hug:
These scammers just mess things up for everyone. Grrrrrrr indeed! bear_angry

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Jane, It has happened to many of us. You might try setting your buyer's preferences in your listings so that bidders with 0 feedback are not allowed to bid, and you could also require a immediate payment thru paypal for buy it now or if they are not using paypal require them to contact you prior to bidding

Sonya

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Hi Sonya,
I tried to figure out the buyers preferences, but couldn't see where I could block 0 feedback bidders.  I will look at the immediate payment for BIN - if I ever do it again that is!  I may just stick to my web site after these two end.

Jane P.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hmmm, Is there really any fool proof way to sell on eBay? I'm begining to think that for every good idea there are at least 10 losers waiting in the shadows to one-up us on our bright idea and scam us any way.

There is something to be said for teddy bear shows! bear_original bear_rolleyes

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yes ,E Bay is iffy But I only will take pay pal ... but I understand there are crooked ways to get around it also. But you can tell them you will ship when it is in your account. It takes 3 to 4 days to show up. Then I guess it is really your money. WHO KNOWS !!!!! it all gives me a head ache !!!!

e136.gif                 Jodi Falk

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Jane, what a horrible thing to happen! I've generally had pretty good luck selling on ebay, except my most recent auction where my bear had first met his reserve, and then he didn't because the bidder retracted his/her bid at the end. I was mad bear_angry ! But the scariest thing bear_shocked  was just a month ago someone stole my ebay identity and listed a whole bunch of electronics (twenty two listings). Ebay helped me straighten it out right away, but its just down right scary how easily it happens.
BTW I just love Joey! Your little girls are perfect, but being the mother of two young boys, Joey really tugs at my heart! I had just seen that he was relisted and thought "OH NO! Why?" I knew there was no way he'd not meet reserve!
I also have one of your patterns (Nola) I haven't used it myself but I did use it as a teaching pattern when my sister in law made her first bear with me. It's a lovely pattern and her very first bear turned out nicely!
Hope you have better luck this time with your cuties!
Tami

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh Jane, what are the chances of this happening twice in a day like this! I am so sorry you are having to go through such problems.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Dear Jane,

You don't deserve this, but it happened. I am so sorry.   What a bummer!  But isn't your little one adorable!

And thank heavens you do know better, I might not have.....hmmmm.....but i think the hubs would have.

I think you do beautiful work!

Board footer