Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I thought this was so funny.  At school (I hated typing) I struggled at 23 WPM (LOL)  I was just thinking the other day as I was typing away, geez I type fast now.  So tested it out...I'm now 54 WPM haha...so funny...I talk or type way too much hehe  bear_tongue
Here it is if anyone is wondering how much the net and chatting has influenced their fingers ;)

http://www.typingtest.com/  I did the Wizard of Oz one.

xx Sarah

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Ugh...I stink at timed tests...you think after being out of school for so long I would have gotten over that!  I can type like the wind at home and work.  But time it, and add that the bolded blue word thing-a-ma-bob and I freeze up.  Only 35 words per minute according to the test...but at home I'm speedy typer  :crackup:

:hug:
~Chrissi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ha!  If I post my results, will you all still be my friends???  :crackup:

There are a lot of things in my life about which I'm insecure... but typing, alas, isn't one of them.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Come on Shelli you can tell us we wont hate you... PROMISE!!!!
I know that when I know what it is that I am going to type, I can type pretty fast and talk to my mom at the same time.
I really don't care for the keyboard on my lap top, it slows me down a bit.
I really like microsoft natural keyboard that I bought for my mother's computer... I don't think she liked it when I first brought it home, now she can't type without it. HA HA!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Jared... I don't like laptop keyboards much either; the keys are too "flat" and it always seems to take more pressure to get a result out of them than a "regular" keyboard.  Like most people, I'd imagine, if I'm typing on a familiar keypad I go much faster, because I'm used to the touch of it, etc.

Okay, you asked...

115 total wpm
94% accuracy
104 net wpm

Is it any WONDER my posts are as lengthy as the day is long????

bear_tongue

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hmmm, 2:15 in the morning and I got 98% accuracy with 97 wpm net.  I can live with that  bear_original

You would think this post would be longer, given that information.  However...

Cheers,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

HA!  That's close on my heels but you're not there yet!  Get practicing, woman!

Laughing here...

(PS  Actually I'm very impressed, Kelly.  It's the rare individual who gets into the 90's so BRAVO to you!  I figure I type this fast because of all those years of piano training before I learned to touch type.  My fingers just know how to move, baby!  Did you play piano too?)

Polo, IL

I average about 38 to 40wpm... usually....

Polo, IL

Way to go Shelli.
I try to read fast I have too much to read in a day's time.
I would love to be able to read about 1000 wpm...
Too much class work to do...
Reading and comprehending quickly are key and then typing quickly will follow...
Maybe I can buy a keyboard and hook it into my laptop and use that in place of the FLAT keyboard.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I got 95 wpm 94% accuracy....I've slowed down.  No piano playing...I suck at it.  Just from years of sitting in front of keyboard typing my little heart out, reports, data entry, legal correspondence...you know...WORK!!!  Now I'm lazy and don't try very hard.

In college, I was well into the 120's....but then I was taking typing classes and being timed on a regular basis...and you could only have 3 errors otherwise the timing didn't count.   I have or at least use to have a little certificate for fastest typer once.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Piano very briefly as a child.  I think in my case it's more that I've sat in front of a computer for most of the last 10 years, pounding away on many a keyboard...

bear_original
Kelly

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Is there ANYTHING you guys can't do????????????? :crackup:

Come on - THERE MUST BE SOMETHING............................... :crackup:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am at 81 bear_original  with 94% accuracy bear_original

sarahjane Brisbane

bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  Well I'm at 22 wpm  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  Not bad condidering I only use 2 or 3 fingers!!!  bear_grin

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Renae lol, I remember those typewriters with all the keys coming up and sticking lol.  I've heard that the keys on our keyboard weren't put in place for ease of typing but so it would minimalise the locking of all those thingys!  May be wrong but I've heard that before.

Shelli!!!!  No way!!!  I would love to see your fingers in action lol

Kelly same to you.  wow!!!

Polo, IL

Well I guess we all have our gifts... fast typing is not mine.
Though I still think that if I had my split keyboard I would type better.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

The only reason I am at a higher score is because I type all day ALL DAY.... LOL... Watch,  in a few years, I will be off the charts LOL  :crackup:  :crackup: I HATED typing class and was always yelled at by my teacher for looking at my fingers, now look at me LOL  bear_tongue

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh my ..... I think I will pass, I have to live with my self !! I am self taught !! Still have to look at the key board.In high school I did not take typing because I was not going to college. I went to Beauty school . But today I wish I would have learned. But I can type pretty fast for an untrained person. But like I said I will pass on the test .

Jodi Falk

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Wow am I rusty!!!Been out of school way way to long & I did take typing from a drill sargent type person who put white tape over the keys :doh: I hated that class!

37 wpm

92% accuracy

Hugs &

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Does anyone remember the typerwriters with the plastic ball...with all the letters etc on them...from typing class...and you had to take them & wash them occasionally?
Hugs &

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I, too, am self taught.
68 WPM..... 94% accuracy
It's all because of TT.... I swear it!!!
I NEVER took a typing class. I swore I'd never be a secretary!! No way!!! I can't sit still for such things! (But I can sit still to play on TT???? Hmm!!! WHERE IS THAT SCRATCHING HEAD SMILEY??????)

Polo, IL

Well I never thought that i would use computers as much as I do.
I should have gone into computer programming so something like that.
I have debated about quiting my job and offering copy writting services and web site help.
But I will leave the graphic work up to Shelli and others like her.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Just had to try didnt I........

Tigers in the wild.
  Gross speed 24WPM
  errors          23words
  Net speed     1WPM
  accuracy       5%
:crackup:  :redface:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
This is what happens when your typing teacher at school is really really nice.  :crackup:

Is there anyone out there worst than me? or do I get the Trophy!!!!! :redface:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

WOW! I'm really impressed with all you speedy typers! I haven't tested my typing speed since high school - about 60 wpm accurately then - I hated words with 'a' in them - Just couldn't get my wimpy left pinky to hit that typwriter key hard enough to work! lol!

Now?!!! Only 40 wpm gross speed, 95 % accuracy! 

No wonder it takes me forever to catch up on posts. sheesh. And here I was blaming my slow dial up. bear_rolleyes Ha, At least I read pretty fast.... I think.. I might be surprised if I tested that too! lol

Polo, IL

If I am reading for fun I can read about 800 WPM, If it is for school (comprehension) I read about 500 WPM.

You can test your reading speed here.

http://www.infmind.com/default.asp?link=SV33home

Pages:

Board footer