Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

My heart just broke when I heard the news.
I have been a big admirer of Steve and Terri for years. I remember when they did their first show.
Wonderful people.
He will be truely missed.   bear_sad
My heart goes out to all of his family and friends.

Bless those we know and bless those that go

hugs kassie

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I just now saw that on tv , just 2 seconds ago !! How very sad. It goes to show though. You better be prayed up and ready to go up !! You never know when it is your time.But I really hate seeing such a young man go that way.The news said that the tail of the sting ray pierced his heart and he died right away. Pray for his wife and family.

Jodi Falk

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Did you Aussie's see the interview on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton  last night.???

To think that someone with steves engery to be snuffed out just like that. So quickly.  bear_cry
It's such a darn shame!! bear_cry

Dilu Posts: 8,574

They had a lot to do with wild animal conservation in Oregon.  Oregon owes a lot to them and the family.  I agree Kassie, I was very sorry too......

hugs
dilu

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Yes Wendy, I saw the interview on Denton, and it was really wonderful.  As I was watching it, Steve was just so enthusiastic about everything, it was really hard to remind yourself that he was gone.  This interview would be a wonderful keepsake for his children, as I think it showed him as such a compassionate man.  It would be especially nice for his little boy to have as he is too young to have a lot of memories yet.

beary_clairey Luton

Totally shocked when I read it on the net yesterday! My hubby is a massive fans of his too !!! What a totally unique person just taken away in his prime of life. His poor family.

I suppose the only comfort you can get , if any, is that at least he died doing something he loved and had great passion for even though it was just too soon in his life.

The more I see in life, the more I see no ryhme or reason for the tragedies that happen.

Claire

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very very sad. I still can't believe it.  I really like him and had a lot of respect for him, his family, and is incredible work and everything he stood for in saving and preserving our environment.  I doubt there will be anyone to fill his enormous shoes.  My heart goes out to his family.

Wow, what a freakish thing to happen.

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

That was the first thing my son told me when I woke up the other morning.  We are all in shock.  We loved Steve Irwin.  My kids are very sad.  He had so much passion and enthusiasm for animals.  We watched him on TV every chance that we could. 

My heart goes out to Terri and the children.   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I'm going to cry now! 
hugs,
Sheila

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

He was popular in Russia too.
I heard it in the news and was in shock. He amazed me every time I watched his advantures. I agree with Judi. There is no one like him.
What a loss... bear_sad

Poor kids, the yongest is so small. It's very hard to watch your Dad on TV knowing he is not here anymore...

Julia

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I haven't been on here since all this happened but I too was shocked and thought it a hoax!  Apparently he pulled the barb out of his chest just before he died. very sad...
I don't know if many of you know that he was much more popular in the US before we had really even heard of him here.  It's amazing to learn that you know of him in Russia too Julia.  He will be missed.
xx Sarah

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

The media wants to show his death on TV!  It was caught on tape.  How sick is that?!

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska
Jennskains wrote:

The media wants to show his death on TV!  It was caught on tape.  How sick is that?!

I heard that.  I don't want to see his death on TV.  That is sick!  It would break my heart to see it.

hugs,
Sheila

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

I wish I could say this is a shock, but I always thought he would get himself killed. He was fearless to a fault. And loving to a virtue. He truly put his heart on his sleeve, and put all that money into buying wildlife preserves. We can all be sad, but I it is his family that is really suffering! We can enjoy his shows forever, but his kids are going to miss his hands lifting them up onto his shoulders, and can you imagine not hearing your daddys voice again?? I think when you have kids you should think of them before you take risks. I really feel for his wife and family. It's just unthinkable, but I am not surpised. I like him, but I always said, HE'S CRAZY. bear_sad  Pam

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Crazy?  definately!  If my hubby did somehing like that even once I wouldn't be able to take it.  He did crazy stunts for a living.  I can't imagine what his family feels now.

Board footer