Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

springhouse2.jpgspringflowerspink.jpgspringflowerspurple.jpgFrom my home to you.....Happy May Day!  Leaving a basket of flowers at neighbors doorsteps, as was the custom many years ago, has gone by the wayside.  I'm reviving the custom in my own little way today.  Here are some pretty flowers from my garden to you.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

HAPPY MAY DAY TO YOU ALL - SUMMER'S A-COMIN'

maypole.jpg

may1_maypole8.gif

fairyferret5dh7px.gif

Penny  bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

What a neat idea, of putting flowers on the neighbours door step!  bear_grin

maydaya.jpg

:hug:
Gaby bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Is that really your house Aleta? Oh my. I wanna live there!

How on earth do you get the grass so nice??

Happy May day back at ya!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Happy May Day right back at ya!!!!!  I actually did send my daughter to school with a basket of violets & sprigs of Sweet Woodruff for her teacher... it's a lovely custom!  And Hudson does actualy do a May Pole in the center of town... but they did it yesterday on May Eve.  It certainly does get one in the mood for Springtime, doesn't it!?

Aleta... your home is so beautiful!  Please tell me that you hire someone to mow that grass!  bear_tongue

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

nettie scotland
Website

Drat I forgot to wash my face in the morning dew.That is our custom for May day over here.It is also a holiday for Banks etc.I like the flowers for the teacher idea.Ours are all closed though.
Diane xxx

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Well you girls have taught me something..Never heard of this lol Hope I don't sound too ignorant lol
But Happy May day  bloomwater.gif stinkyturn.gif   My mum just gave me a lesson  bear_thumb
xox Sarah

Board footer