Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Stellajella Wien

Maybe you remember my question a few weeks ago, if I should give my old teddy a make over.
Wellllll, after loooong thinkings I did.

(My old teddy had previousely mentioned, that he wanted to go on a ship cruise which I refused to support; for him money is not an issue)

The operation on his eyes did take longer than I thought, because the eyes were somehow melted into the fabric and I was afraid of breaking it.
I have bought him real nice new ones and after putting them in and sewing a wee tear on the back of his head he just looke great!
And eversince then we had so much fun together, like in the old days  :dance:

My second before last new teddy is a very shy but lovely teddy girl called Clairchen, who not only is very shy but very curious and had watched me in awe operating.
My old teddy´s first new glimps fell upon Clairchen and he fell in love with her at first sight. She being the shy one first hid behind me but always peeked out from there.
My old teddy refuses to be called "my old teddy" any longer, and begged to make him look newer, so I rubber his fur gently with carpet cleaner. The lady in the teddy shop where I bought his new eyes had told me, to watch out not to wet the fabric, since he has old woodwool in him and that might give spots then.

After letting the foam dry for several hours I vacuumed him from head to toe. He is very ticklish and it took hours to finish; we giggled the whole time.

neu.jpg

Next thing I´ll do is give him a rejuvenating cure in the freezer. ( I told him, it was to get the wringles away, but actually, it´s to get the bugs away  bear_grin ...in case he has some)
And after that he gets new paws. He chose the new felt for the paws himself. The color is quite similar to the old one.

To give you an idea of how he looks now, I added a photo, and also a foto with him and Clairchen.
Cheeses! They are smooching on my sofa the whole day long!

29apre014.jpg

29apre020.jpg

Have a great sunday

Gaby bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :clap: He looks wonderful, Gaby! You did a great job--no wonder Clairchen can't keep her paws off him. He's a most handsome bear  bear_wub

Eileen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Gaby!!!!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   He looks wonderful!!!!!  I bet that's just how you remember him looking!  Fantastic, fabulous... he has a new lease on life!!!! 

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals
bear_smile  bear_wub  bear_smile

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW! What a change!!! You did good!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

gaby, you've been a wonderful teddy bear Doctor!
You deserve a diploma!
You did a wonderful work!
how amazing!
Your old ted looks rejuvented!

Beary hugs,
Sophie. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Your teddy now looks marvelous ! What a great job you did ! :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Gaby . . . what an excellent job you did on his makeover!!  I love him, too!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Awwww What  a fantastic job you've done bear_thumb Well done Gaby bear_original

beary_clairey Luton

You have done a brilliant job on him. He's look like 10 years have been stripped away. You are very brave to do something like that but I cannot believe how fabulous he looks.

Now wonder Clairchen has fallen in love with him!!

Hugs

Claire

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked I am in awe of anyone who can repair the older bears!  bear_shocked    :clap: You've done a beautiful job with him ~ small wonder Clairchen can't keep away  bear_happy

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nice  work.
The bears really do appreciate being taken care of like that.

Thanks for sharing.....

Stellajella Wien

Thank you ladies! I feel honoured that so many of you think he looks good again.!
I´m actually quite proud about him! Tomorrow he´ll leave for his rejuvenation cure in the feezer. When I come back from holidays he´ll have his paws redone.
Cheeses! He´ll be as good looking as Ian McShane, just not so black  :crackup:

Have a geat week y´all!
Gaby bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

...I´m running short of "r"....sorry  bear_grin ...my typing is terrible!

Gaby bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wow Gaby that is amazing!  Well done  :clap:
xo sarah

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I'm flabbagasted you got him looking so spectacular. And dont those two look so much inlove. bear_wub  bear_wub   Cute! bear_thumb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Wowie zowie!!  You did a marvelous job cleaning up your bear!!  He looks oustanding.....and much happier with new eyes.  It was probably like getting new glasses.....he could see again!

Carpet cleaner???  I've never heard of using that.  I bet he smells good too!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Gaby,

I'm glad the operation went well.  He looks great, and you definitely can't call him old teddy anymore!  What a cute couple!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Gaby,

I love his new eyes ! Congratulations !!!  :clap:

Board footer