Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Skippy has yet to move her little ones and I've been trying to not disturb her too much.  I have been quietly peeking through the cracks and I swear they have grown an inch already...they are only 4 days old.  They are just little chubby balls of fur and I'm quite annoyed that she hasn't brought them out for me to slobber all over yet.

HOW RUDE!!!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

How rude, indeed!  I'd really like to take a closer peek too.  I'm not touching them though if you're going to slobber all over them!!   :crackup:

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shantell,
    You're such a good girl - being sooo patient.  I'm not sure I could have left them alone!  They do grow quickly, don't they?  I'm trying to remember how long it takes for their eyes to open - 10 -14 days?  It won't be long and then when do they start to walk - about three week?  Boy, it's been a long time since we  had kittens. 

I just remembered a "funny" from when we had our last kittens.  Our son was about 15years old and was a music nut.  He was getting ready to go back to school after lunch and had put his walkman (with the mini headphones) on the stairs, while he put his coat and shoes on.  Our favourite llittle kitten, Moose,  had been playing around the stairs, but we didn't pay much attention to what he was doing.  When Neal when to pick up his walkman, the ends of the headphones had both been chewed off.  The wire was really, really thin, and I guess it felt good on his teeth.  I was laughing so hard it wasn't funny, and poor Neal had to go go school minus his walkman, cuz he didn't have any more headphones! 

So enjoy them, Shantell, while they are still too small to move around and get into any mischief!

Hugs,

Brenda

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Desperately wanting a little kitten at this point Shantell!!!!!

Brenda... that same exact thing happened to my son's iPod when he was at his father's house!  There must be something universally appealing to cats about those skinny wires!  And tulle, and "crunchy" organza type fabrics, and Easter grass.......   bear_grin  bear_tongue  WHY!?

Kim Basta
Wild  Thyme Originals

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

And I thought you'd have more pictures!!!
How rude!  bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh
I'm am most definitely just kidding, Shantell! Just hearing about them makes me melt!  bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh You are a good girl, Shantell--and it's very good news that the family is still going strong.  bear_flower

Rabbits and cords are even worse!  bear_ermm

Eileen

Erin,
     My big cat will lick plastic grocery bags - drives me crazy!

Hugs,

Brenda

Willamette Valley Oregon

I've tried to get more photos but no luck.  She has to have them laying in just the right place otherwise you can't really see anything...wish I could just squeeze the camera through the crack bear_original bear_original   Where's Inspector Gadget when I need him?

As far as being good...if I could rip this deck apart I would!!!

My cat, Oz (bless his little soul) use to drink my coffee.  He loved it...hot, cold, with or without milk.  He was an odd little being...my kindred spirit for certain.

Hugs to all...

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Shantell,

That is rude!   bear_grin

I loved watching Inspector Gadget when I was younger.  Go go gadget!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Ohhhhhhhhhh lucky you, I remember how much fun it is to have kittens or puppies
to watch over! It is so much fun when they open their eyes and are ready to play!
That is when your fun will start!

Willamette Valley Oregon

kitten1.jpg

Here's a little picture of one of the kittens little faces.  It's a bit blurry because I had to enlarge it a bit...but ain't it just the cutest little face.

We had a bit of a skunk scare last night but all is well and Skippy seems quite content where she is.  THANK GOODNESS!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

:hug: These kittens are so sweet Shantell - i bet they so closely guarded by you that the skunk does'nt stand a chance!

Keep trying to get more pics :dance:

Penny  bear_thumb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh!  Pictures of the kittens!!  Be still my heart.....they're adorable!  I think I can probably safely tell my son about them now.  Shantell, would you mind sending a photo to my e-mail address? 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

Here's another I forgot I took...I'm not sure if it's the same kitten or not.  I never can seem to get a view all their little faces at once.

kitten2.jpg

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

The kitten in the first picture looks like it's got a white face that fades into his coat, that could mean it's a cream-silver or red-silver, which are absolutely gorgeous colors. Each hair would be white at the base and red at the tips. The amount of white varies, so he might end up with a pink coat or look like a white cat in with his own personal sunbeam. (I'm jealous, had you noticed?)

This is the website of a friend of mine who breeds Maine Coons, the little boy at the top of the page is a cream silver: http://home.earthlink.net/~coonbitzky/news.htm

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yippee!!! Pictures!!! Great job, Shantell.

I'd be out there night and day and by now have a very contorted spine and stiff neck trying to see those cute little babes!!!!

Renae...... I've got to go back to one of your posts to see what kind of a feline Moosie is but man, would her coat make a beautiful... well.... um..... SOMETHING! It's goegeous!!!! Have you counted her spots???  bear_grin

Erin, it is more than the worst sound - I've hurled things at him to make him stop in the middle of the night!  (only pillows LOL)
                                                               Hugs,

Brenda

Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh trust me...it's taking every ounce of my energy to not tear the deck apart to get to them.  I can hardly stand it...I really just want to hold them.  I've had mamma's and kittens before and I always got to be their "other" mamma so this is killing me.  I just love the smell of  baby kitties or puppies...or babies in general.

I'm feeling  kind of guilty because I'm scheming how and when I can take them from Skippy so they can be tamed.  I feel like I'm planning a kidnapping or something.

Hugs,

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh what precious little balls of fluff.  Shantell, I'd be trying to tear the deck apart.  They are just so adorable.  bear_wub

Renae, I love your pictures too.  Funny kitties.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website
Willamette Valley Oregon

No deck removal here...the lattice is the least of the problems.  She's laying about 8-10 feet from the closest edge of the deck and there is only about 18 inches of clearance and I don't have claustraphobia but I am NOT crawling under there with a mamma kitty that close...she's rip me to shreds I'm afraid...and then I would be claustraphobic after that.  :)

More kitten pictures as they get a bit bigger...I wished they'd hurry up and then STOP!!!

Board footer