Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I HATE BEARS TODAY

All i want to do is take my new Moonlings photograph but do you think i can do it?

NO!!!!!

I've tried everything i can think of to get a decent pic of the little begger but i can't do it!

HOW do you take a photograph of a black and red bear??????

The red looks day-glo orange - the black looks sooooooooo black!!!!!

I have tried photoshop and i have tried different lighting, camera settings, backgrounds, etc etc and i still can't take a decent pic of him
bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_sad  :twisted:  :pray:  :doh:  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

Any hints?????????

Penny - going quietly mad in the 26 degree heat of normally cold grey Olde England  bear_angry

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I hear ya Pen ! I had that problem with one of my bears yesterday !  Drives you crazy doesn't it   bear_wacko .  I can't offer any help on this one other than trying different backgrounds that you may not think would work.  I'm sure you've done that already tho !  I hope you get the little beggar to co-operate ! 

Oh, and send the heat over here.  It's rainy and icky again today.  I think I'll build an ark !    bear_sad

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Maybe this will cheer you up !    :crackup:
george_clooney_03.jpg

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Have you tried a mid blue background? Other than that go have a sitdown in the garden and chill!!!! I finally got a tripod for my camera...from the pound shop no less at Telford. Now if only I could get my butt into gear and make a bear.... :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I don't about Penny, but that picture of George certainly cheered ME up.....  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Was that a pic of George I saw?......... bear_laugh  bear_laugh He's looking a bit silly there!

I wish I had some advice for you Penny.  I haven't been brave enough yet to make a bear with such a color combination, and maybe I never will if it's such an ordeal to get a good pic! bear_sad  bear_wub  Good luck with it Dearest PenPen.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your little moonling soon cooperates!  :hug:  :hug:

:hug:
Tracy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Abracadabra.jpgCan't really help with the photo, but can sympathise with the heat!  It's glorious in my garden today, so I've taken my workbox out to the patio table.  I made a red and black bear a while back ... I took my pic in the garden ... not sure if I still have it ... off to have a hunt now ... aha!  Found it!  Well, the colours are okayish so maybe a green background might work?

Firstly.......................thank you all for bothering to reply to my little tantrum.........

Secondly...............yep, i have tried all the different colour backgrounds i have - and believe me i have loads humf!!!!

Thirdly and most importantly................

WOOOOO HOOOOOO GEORGE IS AN IDIOT TOO!!!!

Which means we are DESTINED to be together - two idiots together, a marriage made in heaven don't cha think??? 

Thanks for the piccy Tammy - i'm sending you some hot sunny British weather!

I'm plodding on with the pics - but i think i'll take an hours break and take Amandas advice - go sit in the sunshine while it lasts.

Thank You All  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Penny  bear_tongue

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi Penny bear_original . Maybe you can change the setting of your camera to adapt it to your light? i can set mine on: daylight, tungstene, allogene, automatique and so on. I find that my pics are better without flash too or zoom. bear_wub

nettie scotland
Website

I wait till abot seven and take the pictures on my now famously shabby window sills with the sun behind me.The clours seem truer at that time.Good luck mrs Grump!!!
Diane xxx
p.s can't wait to see a wee moonling in dayglo orange!!!

Cheeky Moo wrote wait till abot seven and take the pictures on my now famously shabby window sills with the sun behind me.The clours seem truer at that time.Good luck mrs Grump!!!
Diane xxx
p.s can't wait to see a wee moonling in dayglo orange!!!

Well thank you for the tip Diane but i'm not so sure about the rest!  bear_wacko

Thanks Irene, but i did try all those things. It's so tricky!  bear_flower

Paula - that is a lovely bear and he did come out well did'nt he? I must try harder.
bear_flower

Penny  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

You'll get there Penny!  I like Diane's suggestion ... time of day can make a big difference for the outdoor shots.  Depends if you fancy an outdoors or a studio pic though.  Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing him!!

Stellajella Wien

Penny, it´s ok! The day is nearly over  bear_whistle
*giggle*
I don´t wanna stress this word too often: LIGHT TENT...*fom under the table*: do you have that? If not...I sat my wee teddies into a plastikbox which looks like milk glass and let lamps pour their light from the sides.

Have a smashing evening!

Gaby bear_flower  :hug:

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

maybe if you shoot him outside in light shade, the coolness of the shade
will tame down that 'day glo orange' effect. Not that it will help highlight the
black at all!  bear_wacko  what I'm used to doing to shoot black is sun sun sun -
which is inflaming your red! Oh no I am no help at all, am I

he sounds awfully neato, tho - can't wait to see him!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Can't wait to see the little guy when you finally get a picture of him. I find that when it is sunny out, I set the bears on a table covered with a length of fur (different color than the bear) inside the garage out of direct sunlight and take the picture there without flash.....sometimes I have to lighten or darken the background, but it usually works.

When I read the topic of this post, I was shocked! and Horrified, but now that I read it, I understand.......\
pandamac

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Maybe this naughty little moonling doesn't want his/her picture taken...perhaps he/she is messing with your camera.  I suspect these moonlings of yours have that ability.   bear_grin

Stellajella Wien

Shantell,ROFL.....you might be right :crackup:
Gaby bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

Oopsie! Sorry Penny, no harm intended...
so maybe that helps  :crackup:
george-clooney.jpg

Gaby bear_flower

Maybe this naughty little moonling doesn't want his/her picture taken...perhaps he/she is messing with your camera.  I suspect these moonlings of yours have that ability.

Yep, i think that you are dead right there Shantelle  :dance:

He is now added to the Bears for Sale forum girls.

The pics are not perfect but i have lost the will to live and refuse to be mucked about by a 8.5" bear ANY LONGER!

I ended up dragging him with the light tent into the bathroom! How weird that it worked - maybe he was just being nosy and wanted to see all over the house?

Penny  bear_tongue  bear_wacko

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Isn't it just crazy how some bears are not photogenic?  I thought that was mostly a human thing.  Maybe our bears are more human than we care to admit.

Maybe our bears are more human than we care to admit.

Yep this one certainly has a mind of his own and won't give me any peace...............which is why he now offered for auction on Bid4Bears with NO RESERVE!

He is a real little rascal and i have had anough of the little tike - he's all yours girls - i beg you....take him off me hands
:pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Penny  bear_wacko  bear_whistle  :dance:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Penny, I agree with what was said about taking pictures outdoors.  This may be your best bet.  Then adjust the color temperature in your photo editing program if you need to.  I think red is one of the most difficult colors to photo graph.

Good luck....and declutter you mind of that George fellow!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Cheeky Chops Judi wrote:  Good luck....and declutter your mind of that George fellow!

Now Judi - you know i can't function without my romantic daydreams of George getting all fruity with me. Can you imagine how boring life would be without a bit of imaginary hankypanky
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Penny  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
gotobedbears wrote:

Now Judi - you know i can't function without my romantic daydreams of George getting all fruity with me.

Oh my goodness...this sounds EXACTLY like my sister....

SO TRUE!  Daydream away, my friend bear_flower  :crackup:  :dance:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_tongue

Oh my goodness...this sounds EXACTLY like my sister....

Oh good, i am pleased to be one of the Judi family - as long as i'm not one of the cows  :crackup:

Board footer