Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

After lots of troubles with my hijacked Ebay account and three and a half hours later I've finally sorted it out. Boy I had to change all my passwords. The passwords on two email accounts Paypal, and Ebay. I did use Live Chat where I spent ages talking to a very help ful guy. Ebay says we should change our passwords every couple of months and include both letters and numbers in the chosen word. All I have to do now is remember which password goes with which account.
I had loads of offers on the championship football tickets that were listed on my account...now if they would all like to buy a bear instead.  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Thanks everyone for all you sugestions on how to solve the problems that the account hijacker caused me.
Now back to making bears!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Doesn't things feel good when everything is sorted out?  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Yay!  I love a happy ending.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

What a relief that is for you!
I have nearly been caught a couple of times with those fake sign ins.  Now, when I am not sure, and sometimes when I am sure, I type in a fake password - if it is ebay, then you will just get a message telling you that your password is not valid, and then you can type in your real password.  Also, if you double click on the ID box you should get your ID automatically come up - I don't know if the hackers have that on their fake sign ins, then you just put in your password in the next box - real or otherwise.

Jane P.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Twincubs wrote:

I got a spoof E-mail from "Paypal" the other day that was SOOo real I almost typed in my information.  Thank goodness I had the foresight to send it to their spoof site first and in less than five minutes they confirmed that it was one.  I could have been in serious trouble there.  Changed all my passwords anyway!

Bear Hugs,
Lisa

I get those CONSTANTLY too Lisa!  the last one I got said that Pay Pal had noticed some suspicious activity with my account... that someone from a foreign location had tried to log in under my name.....  Of course that scares you and you think... WOW, I'm so glad they caught that!  Everytime I get something from eBay or from PayPal, that's the first thing I do.... FORWARD TO either:

spoof@paypal.com

or

spoof@eBay.com

You are so right!  Usually within a day... sometimes within five minutes they confirm that it is a mass mailed phishing scam. 
bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

Kim Basta
\Wild Thyme Originals

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Jane, i am happy you have all sorted out now!
Finger crossed you won't be annoyed anymore!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Jane,
     Glad you're all sorted out!  I keep learning new things on TT.  I used to have the same password on my email and ebay, till I read about someone that was hijacked and I changed it.  Now I will keep changing my password every 3-4 months.  I've been lucky so far, but the more we know, the better off we are.  Now I also write my ebay information across my picture on my auctions, to keep them from getting hijacked. 

My husband got a phishing email about his AOL account and was going to click on it because he didn't believe me that it was a fake.  He doesn't do any business on the net and isn't really alert for that type of thing.  I finally convinced him to phone AOL and check as the email said his account had been compromised and they confirmed it was fake.  Now when he gets something, he calls me to look at it! LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hooray for Jane!!!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Board footer