Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

In the thread I started about the Emperor Tamarin ( http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=7009 ) we got to talking about some really UNIQUE creatures. I thought it might be fun to have a real challenging challenge!

So, the challenge is:

Pick an animal that you like the looks of... perhaps not an ordinary, everyday type of creature. One that you look at and think... "Wouldn't he be neat in mohair... but getting that head shape would be a challenge!" That's the animal you want!!! Once you find that animal.... make it!

Perhaps part of the challenge will be using fabric you've never worked with or techniques you've yet to try. Just so long as it challenges your skills and isn't a BEAR... be sure to pick an animal you like... no fun other wise! Judi gave links to some great animals and really, the sky is the limit. Perhaps you've been wanting to try making a dog... it doesn't HAVE to be an exotic beast... if it's a first for you, go for it!

So... challenge deadline..... June 30th? Does that give you enough time? I'm totally flexible on that... as long as it's not sooner! (OK, so I'm NOT totally flexible!)  bear_rolleyes

Any body up for the challenge????  bear_thumb

Let us know, if you want to, what creature you are going to make!!
I'm going to try the Emperor Tamarin
It will be interesting to hear what everyone comes up with!

Daphne
:hug:

OOOps... this should have been in the CHALLENGES forum. Sorry! Can somebody move it to where it ought to be?? Pweeze?

Glacierbaybears Glacier Bay Bears
Japan

sure I am up for the challenge, I will have to think about what to make! thanks daphne, you know I was thinking about the very same thing yesterday!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Daphne, Its an excellent challenge im in...  :dance:
I dont know what im going to make yet...
I'll let you know when ive decided... bear_thumb

LANIE X

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I'll give it a go if i can find the time Daffers - how about a long-nosed-short arsed rubber ducky?  :crackup:

Being serious now.......... bear_rolleyes .................i don't know what animal to make but me brother-in-law is a zoologist/animal expert who travels the world studying primates so if i can catch up with him i may ask his opinion as i like primates.
He is in Borneo later this year doing whatever people do in Borneo when they are experts on primates - peeling bananas for lazy monkeys i suppose - he has travelled everywhere studying the monkeys or apes or whatever they are.
He was even on TV last year with his own series, mind you it was in a small foriegn country (Gibralta i think) and it was teaching kids all about the macaques that live on the Rock of Gibralter.

Sorry, got off of the subject did'nt i?  bear_wacko  But, yes i will join in if i can Daffers

Penny  :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I'm definitely going to participate in this one.......just have no idea yet what animal to make! bear_grin

Tracy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

DEADLINE: JULY 30th????

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oooo, Daph  I'm going to join this one!  Whatever the deadline, June 30th, July 30th, I'll try to get something done....  But yes, it sounds really fun!

Kimberly W.

Iowa
Website

Oooh.........I like the July 30th deadline the best! bear_wub

K Pawz Guest

I have been wanting to try something for a very long time...but I don't think that it would work in mohair....Does the creation have to be mohair??? If not I am in.....

Hugs,
Krista

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Krista, make it out of anything you want!!!  bear_thumb

Tracy.... I'd really like a Sept. 1 deadline! Or even Christmas maybe! LOL!  :crackup:

K Pawz Guest

awesome!!!! I am in then....are we telling what we are making or suprising everyone with photos????

Krista

Iowa
Website

Tracy.... I'd really like a Sept. 1 deadline! Or even Christmas maybe! LOL!

Daphne.......let's make it a New Year's Critter challenge then!! :crackup:  :crackup: Would that be enough time to satisfy all of us? (Just kidding!! bear_tongue )   :hug:  :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I would love to be in this if the deadline isn't too soon.  I have just the animal in mind, but heaven knows how I will go about making it.  It will be a real challenge for me, and I would have to get some different supplies in for this animal.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :dance:  I'm definitely in for July 30, but New Year's doesn't sound half bad  bear_thumb

Eileen bear_original

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I would like to try something new also but I can't do June, too busy at school right now  bear_tongue  I'm in if the deadline is July or later.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi Daphne bear_original . July 30 is best for me. I like this idea, is going to be fun fo sure bear_wub

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

I've been wanting to try a dragon or mermaid creature. This sound like just the push I need to get started. Thanks
Ann

K Pawz Guest

OMG I stayed up until three this morning designing my dragon....it would be so cool if others did dragons as well....

Krista

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh I wish I could Daphne...I'm just too busy now bear_sad  Sounds like fun tho  bear_happy
xo Sarah

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sarah, I'm too busy too! But you know me... always taking on more than I should! Gotta love a challenge! We'll miss you but glad you are busy... that hopefully means you are feeling better!

OK, JULY 30TH IT IS!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

i know!!  you are a glutten for punishmetn aren't you!!
yep, feeling a bit better every week and now fitting in some work every day which is huge for me  bear_tongue   
cant wait to see the results bear_original

Iowa
Website

Okay girls, it's been decided....... with some input from my two boys..........I'm doing a kangaroo!  Maybe with a pouch full of posies instead of a joey......or maybe a joey after all.  We'll see bear_grin !!

Tracy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ooo, a Kanga!!!!  :dance:
How about a pouch full of chocolate? M&M's so they won't melt!  bear_tongue

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

wel I've done dragons, rabbits, a rat that was a kangaroo hybrid, dog and cats.
I am wanting to try a pygmy mamoset but I'm terrifed that I won't be any good1 So when I post it don't laugh too hard

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I'm in.....don't have any idea as to what I will try, but I will.
pandamac

Board footer