Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

While some of you are flooding, we are experiencing record setting heat.  It's in the 90's!!!  And it's only May!!  Egad!!  It's 9pm and still 88 degrees.   

Warmest (and I really mean warmest) hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Aleta,
     I really don't envy you if your temperature is already in the 90's!  I start to get nervous when March and April come around, as I know we are headed for summer, and I hate it.  I spend all summer, wishing for fall.  See - I told you I should live in Alaska! LOL!  I really hope it cools down for you soon.

hugs,

Brenda

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I don't spose for you hearing that its just about winter here and we have been averaging from 85 - 93 is going to make you feel better?
At about 77 degrees here they start running around in jumpers which I find really really odd!  I come from down south where 68 in winter was considered a marvellous day and worth removing your jumper for!
But I find its the humidity that wears me down most. is it very humid where you are Aleta?

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

DON'T KNOCK IT ALETA  :dance:  we get one day of good weather and then it's back to grey cool days for about a week!

Send it over to us Brits if you don't want it anymore please  bear_tongue  :dance:

Penny  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hmmmm, maybe I should move to Britain.  I can deal with cold, grey days better than hot , humid ones.  That's it - I just have too much British blood in me.  Every one in my family is English except me.  LOL!  I love it when it rains - it gives me an excuse to stay indoors.

hugs,

Brenda

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Its turning winter here. It is good weather to make bears and knit little jumpers and beanies for them.  bear_happy

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I'm seriously considering building an ark here in Ohio.  But, I can't really complain, many have it much worse than we do.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

BRRRRR it is cold here!!!! I am not sure what the temp is but it is cold! Send some heat over this way, Aleta!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sounds like over this way, Erin.. it has been raining for about 4-5 days now! BLEECH!!! it is so ugly outside right now  bear_sad

I want some sun!  bear_flower

zemeski Posts: 434

Here in Cleveland, Tennessee we are have colder tempatures for this time of the year. It has been 58 and 60 at times. Right now it is 51 outside. I had to get my jeans and sweaters back out to put on it's been so cold. I'm not going to complain though because when summer hits it will be HOT!

bear_original

Portland, Oregon
Website

We've cooled down a bit today.  It's only supposed to be in the mid 80's.  Not much humidity here to speak of.....thankfully.  It's hard for me to breath in humid weather.  I don't think I could live comfortably on the East coast.  I'd have to stay in air conditioning all summer. 

We did finally turn on our air conditioning last night to cool the house down.  There just wasn't a breeze at all to naturally cool the house with all the windows open.  I did try.  I don't care for air conditioning but it was 95 degrees in the house last night.  Oiy!

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Cool grey and wet x five days here in Cheesy Wisconsin.....but as I type the sun is breaking through the clouds bear_thumb

...and our front lawn has a zillion dandilions.....so pretty...why do people call them weeds?

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I'm with Melanie on this one. 

One hot day and you rush round like a mad thing trying to get all your outdoor tasks done - just in case this is the only nice day your going to get.  Its a bit like knitting really, when you getting to the end of your yarn and you knit the row furiously to get to the end before it runs out - stupid really - there's never enough. :doh:

Its the annual exam season in the next few days for secondary students - its usually 'cracking the flags' then you can almost guarantee it.

Judi - you know what they say - a weed is a plant growing  in the wrong place - that all.  :dance:

Sandra  :redface:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad It's pouring rain, wet and muddy here, and we're expecting more of the same.  It's cool, probably about 65 F. I'm never too sure of the temperature, because I've never mastered Celsius. Anything is better than extreme heat.

On the other hand, it is an excuse to put off mowing the lawn and cleaning the garage . . .

But nothing keeps me out of the park with the dogses.

Ah, don't you just love the smell of wet dog in the morning? bear_thumb

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

millie wrote:

I'm seriously considering building an ark here in Ohio.

HA!   bear_tongue

We're at 94 today and it's only 1:48, with the hottest hours to come.  So Aleta... I hear ya. bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I agree Aleta...it is too hot even today.  The air is stale and not moving here.  AUGH!!!   I'm indoors where it's cool.

Portland, Oregon
Website

With this hot weather comes the task of turning on the sprinkler system and making sure all the sprinkler heads work.  Needless to say it's a wet and messy job.  What better weather to do it in though!!  Just about the time you're getting a little warm the sprinkler hits you in the back.  Whooowee!!  That'll get your heart pumping!  Better yet is when you unplug the line and it hits you in the face. 

We found one broken sprinkler line out of 14 stations.  That's a new can of worms....and lots of digging.  So, now I have the task of moving a hose and sprinkler around the perimeter of the base of the house every 15 minutes.  Good Lord.  Do you know how hard it is to get any bear work done when you're hopping up every fifteen minutes for three hours?  I know, I know.  There is not one of you who feels sorry for me.   :crackup:   

This warm weather is supposed to keep going through Friday and then cool down to a whopping 77 degrees.  After temperatures in the 90's is going to seem rather cool.  That's the really crazy part.

Warmest hugs with sprinkles!  :hug:
Aleta

Portland, Oregon
Website

It's not moving here on the hill either, Shantell.  I'm good to about 85 degrees....after that I get really, really kinda cranky. 

Aleta

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
millie wrote:

I'm seriously considering building an ark here in Ohio.  But, I can't really complain, many have it much worse than we do.

Hello fellow Ohioan!!!!!  Yes... the rain has just let up here in Hudson.... for about an hour... but it's been raining for something like 5 days straight already, and guess what is predicted for the next 5 days!?

Oh My!
Hey... if you build an ark, let me know... maybe you could steer up North and grab me during your float!?
:pray:  :pray:  :pray:
Kim Basta
WildThyme Originals

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

You, girls, ALL have to visit RUSSIA!!!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
This year is going to be too cold even for Vladivostok!  bear_shocked I HATE COLD....I want to live in a hot place, like AUSTRALIA, THAILAND OR SOMEWHERE WHERE IS HOT!

I've been in Phillipines, Koror island, Vietnam, Japan, Hainan AND I LOVE THIER WEATHER!!!  bear_wub  bear_laugh
So, Aleta, let's make another swap - a COUNTRY SWAP!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Julia  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

It is 90....but this is southern oregon.....too hot?

I thank God every summer that the crazy guy who built the Gollyhouse put ceiling fans in every room....they are such a big help.

I like the way the cats handle the heat.  They sleep al afternoon long.  We used to do that In Italy.  From 12 - 2 pm everything closed down.  If you hadn't gotten your shopping done, oh well.....and mom would sleep from about 1 till dad came home from the studios.  and then everyone would go to dinner.....long leisurely fun dinners where you bumped into friends and everyone sat around talking and drinking watered wine. and then you'd start again the next day.

Wistfully remembering easier carefree times

dilu

Portland, Oregon
Website

Dilu,  bear_flower
I can just picture it.  What a lovely thought.  Thank you.

Aleta

cbearlover Teddies by Connie
Nevada City

Hello everyone

Its a cool day under the pine and oak trees.  very peaceful and quiet.  Its called the sierra foothills.

You all have a wonderful evening and cooling down. bear_original

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Well who ever has the rain, send it over here please! We need to break the drought!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Today we're at 95 and heading upward.  You guys are wimps!

bear_tongue  bear_flower  :crackup:  bear_flower  bear_tongue

Board footer