Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

1-leopard.jpg1-leopard-3.JPG1-leopard-1.JPGOK everyone, I couldn't help myself.  Little leopard has no legs yet, but I quick stuffed it's body with the arms on so I could show you guys my first needlefelt onto faux fur.

Good thing I took pics; I thought something was a tad off, and now I can see in the pics that I need to trim up the fur on the right side of my leopard's nose! lol  and poke a bit more around the eyes....

OK, so be HONEST, what do you all think?  No froo froo 'oh I love it!', please give me really honest opinions - what do I need to fix or improve on?

Personally I think it's nose is just VERY slightly off - I need to shape it a little more...

the parts that are felted are around the eyes, the black lower lip, and the nose.  I think i'm also going to do its paw pads.

Kimberly W.

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Kimberly

I think, you did a great job.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Did you needlefelt rigth on the fur or did you felt it first, and then put it on the fur?

He is very cute, your little leopard.  bear_wub

Hugs Birgitte  :hug:

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi Brigitte,
I roughly needlefelted it first, just so I had the basic shape I wanted, then felted it onto the face and did the detail work while it was on the face.  Thank you, by the way. bear_wub   I know I need some work on it still though... bear_original bear_original

Renae,
lol, moosie would groom it's needlefelting clean off it's face! He would love it as though it was his own... lol

I think this one's a boy.  He's just saying, 'Hey, I'm a boy!' as I work on him.  Now for a name.....

Kimberly W.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think he is wonderful too!! I love the nose!  I have yet to needlefelt onto a critter (except for around ones eyes) but I would like to do more... I see someone else has been bitten by the felting bug!

Also, I think he is a male as well... name... hmmm... maybe Leo?

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Very nicely done....great jon Kimberly

dilu

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hey Kim Bee!

I was thinking Octavius, but for short I'd call him Gus.

Know what movie that was from? lol

Kimberly W.

P.S. I'm just kidding about Octavius; it just kinda stuck in my head.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LMAO  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I cant think of the name of the movie... arrgh!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

He's wicked! I love him.
You've done a super job on the nose, and I like the eye detail. I would maybe want the eye felting to show up more, but that's just me. I think he's wonderful and I can't wait to see the finished product.

P.S. thanks for sharing, I was wondering if you could felt onto synthetic

Ft. Bragg, NC

Dilu,

You must have left that comment right at the same time I was replying to Kim Bee, lol  I didn't see it before; you are Quick Draw McGraw! lol  Thank you for the compliment. :)

Renae,
Ahhh, but the tiger doesn't have SPOTS like moosie does!  He probably thinks, 'Eh, not my type...' lol  bear_happy

Heather,
thank you, too!  I'd like the eye felting to show, too but don't want it to look like a glob of wool around his eye.  Do you think it kinda looks like that now?  I am unsure.  I want it to look somewhat realistic, though I'm not going for super-realistic.  I hope to have him done tonight!

Kimberly W.

P.S. It was from Disney's Cinderella, Kim Bee when they found the fat little mouse in the beginning.  Can you tell I have two little kids? lol

Ft. Bragg, NC

Lol, I guess he just knows his boundaries.  Mom wouldn't be too happy if he groomed the face off of her fave tiger.... lol

Well, i got Joseph (that's his name) finishe; he's listed in the bear's for sale!

Thanks everyone again, for your help!

Kim Bee!!! You didn't email me!  lol

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
BearBottoms wrote:

P.S. It was from Disney's Cinderella, Kim Bee when they found the fat little mouse in the beginning.  Can you tell I have two little kids? lol

DUH!!! Now I remember!!!!! I love Disney movies!

Ft. Bragg, NC

It happened again!  You posted at the same time I did, lol!  Well, I know you're on here, Kim Bee!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wonderful, you did well  :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Wonderful job. The best detailing is the detailing that is subtle. The eyes are great.
Love the nose shape and size. Good colour choice. but personally, I would have chosen a soft beigy pink.
But hey! thats just me.
Needle felting allows for so much more dimension in bearmaking aye? I'm glad you love it. I'm also glad you are good at it!!!!!! Not everybody ishahahah bear_grin
Wendy bear_thumb

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hey Wendy,

Wonderful suggestion on the color; I would have used a soft beigey pink if I had it!  That was the first color I had!!! lol  And I had to dye it to even get it to THAT color! lol  I couldn't find a dye for soft beigey pink... :)

Ok, now I'm just picking on you!  Thanks so much for the compliment!  :hug:

kimberly W

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Kimberly you have done a great job on him.....I think he is perfect

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim, He is really cute.  I think the eyes look very baby-like.  Just darling. 

SUPEPERB JOB! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   I want to see the rest of him. :pray:

Board footer